Brandy: Criminally Underated Legend [Youtube video]

Started by demitri.petty, September 01, 2017, 09:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

September 02, 2017, 09:18:16 AM #2 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:26:46 AM by Gilgamesh.
4:03-09

RAY7

I actually thought they could've picked much better clips

demitri.petty

Okay.. what the fuck. I literally posted this last night before you and my thread got moved to Brandy Talk.. Y'all some shady ass bothered bitch ass mother fuckers.

Vonc2002

September 02, 2017, 12:10:12 PM #5 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:28:13 PM by Vonc2002
Its good that shes getting recognition now but I ACTUALLY kinda hate the way Brandy uses her voice now. Hopefully it's just the live performances and I'll see when/if music comes out
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

brocka4life

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 02, 2017, 12:10:12 PM
Its good that shes getting recognition now but I ACTUALLY kinda hate the way Brandy uses her voice now. Hopefully ots just the live performances and I'll see when/if music comes out

!

It's like she's trying to prove something by singing "hard." I actually miss the sweet tones of her voice that she displayed live prior to AFFRODISIAC.

Vonc2002

Quote from: brocka4life on September 02, 2017, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 02, 2017, 12:10:12 PM
Its good that shes getting recognition now but I ACTUALLY kinda hate the way Brandy uses her voice now. Hopefully ots just the live performances and I'll see when/if music comes out

!

It's like she's trying to prove something by singing "hard." I actually miss the sweet tones of her voice that she displayed live prior to AFFRODISIAC.
YOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>><<<<<<<<<
It kinda started with the Jessie J duet but now she's REALLY doing it too much and im honestly not moved.  That HARD ass singing that really isn't fit for her voice. Also, that mic movement shit she does while singing. Just NO! The thing that makes a Brandy vocal (atleast for me) is the tone and what she's doing is altering her sound (whether she knows it or not) to take out what makes Brandy BRANDY
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

jtwoeleven

Hmm...idk...I'm glad more people are opening up to her vocal prowess. I don't know if I'd say she's trying to prove something vocally or if she just likes trying new things, or maybe that's bits of her perfectionist showmansip leaking out.

Judging from that reply section, there's a lot of backhanded compliments to Brandy. It's like people can't say how dope she is without :criticizing or pointing out her weaknesses, comparing her to other singers, or comment how undeserving it is for "the fans" to call her the vocal bible.

I notice that people tend to not do this on the other videos on that series for Jazmine or Keke Wyatt, singers that are easily accepted as vocal beasts.

If Brandy is "doing too much" vocally then I don't see what approach she should take to convince people otherwise, assuming she cared.

Gilgamesh.

RAY7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 02, 2017, 01:47:05 PM
ugh that bathroom banger era :gorlonfire:
I was on the FLOOR the first time I listened to "Change"
my GOD

Vonc2002

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 02, 2017, 01:47:05 PM
ugh that bathroom banger era :gorlonfire:
She sounded good here but she LOWKEY be sounding bad to me sometimes now. I almost hate it

Gilgamesh.

Wow Brandy was only 30 at the time, I don't why I thought she was a lot older.

b7

I love this!  I agreed with Vonc until recently. I think she spoke on hollering recently and said she's over that phase

I love how soft she sings on Instagram now even tho some people don't get it and refer to it as "whispering" :dead: dummies

AIDS

I haven't watched the video but do you guys really think she's underrated vocally? It seems like she's always getting praise from peers, older legends, and newbies.