Brandy: Criminally Underated Legend [Youtube video]

Started by demitri.petty, September 01, 2017, 09:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: MARS. on September 02, 2017, 08:37:23 PM
I haven't watched the video but do you guys really think she's underrated vocally? It seems like she's always getting praise from peers, older legends, and newbies.
no I don't feel that way at all. Not anymore and I agree with you

I think she's overlooked by the general public but that's only because she doesn't release music and some just don't have an ear for what she does which is fine :dead: the respect she gets in the industry >>>

I'd take that over anything else

Vonc2002

Quote from: 1RIG on September 02, 2017, 08:33:24 PM
I love this!  I agreed with Vonc until recently. I think she spoke on hollering recently and said she's over that phase

I love how soft she sings on Instagram now even tho some people don't get it and refer to it as "whispering" :dead: dummies
Yea the first vocal I've loved in a while has come since going back to Broadway. Everything she posted post broadway has been amazing
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 02, 2017, 08:43:26 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on September 02, 2017, 08:33:24 PM
I love this!  I agreed with Vonc until recently. I think she spoke on hollering recently and said she's over that phase

I love how soft she sings on Instagram now even tho some people don't get it and refer to it as "whispering" :dead: dummies
Yea the first vocal I've loved in a while has come since going back to Broadway. Everything she posted post broadway has been amazing
:stressed:

And her demeanor omf

Hopefully getting our baby back. Hold me

Vonc2002

Quote from: 1RIG on September 02, 2017, 08:40:47 PM
Quote from: MARS. on September 02, 2017, 08:37:23 PM
I haven't watched the video but do you guys really think she's underrated vocally? It seems like she's always getting praise from peers, older legends, and newbies.
no I don't feel that way at all. Not anymore and I agree with you

I think she's overlooked by the general public but that's only because she doesn't release music and some just don't have an ear for what she does which is fine :dead: the respect she gets in the industry >>>

I'd take that over anything else
I agree with all this
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Jon

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Brandys talent is a treasure that isnt meant for the world to understand
A select few will uncover the hidden treasure of her talents and the rest will keep listening to xtincta

As much as i yearn for the general public to know what brandy is all about
I also am glad shes out of that public machines grasp
If you are artistically woke you will know
If u are a media puppet u wont

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 02, 2017, 01:33:49 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on September 02, 2017, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 02, 2017, 12:10:12 PM
Its good that shes getting recognition now but I ACTUALLY kinda hate the way Brandy uses her voice now. Hopefully ots just the live performances and I'll see when/if music comes out

!

It's like she's trying to prove something by singing "hard." I actually miss the sweet tones of her voice that she displayed live prior to AFFRODISIAC.
YOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>><<<<<<<<<
It kinda started with the Jessie J duet but now she's REALLY doing it too much and im honestly not moved.  That HARD ass singing that really isn't fit for her voice. Also, that mic movement shit she does while singing. Just NO! The thing that makes a Brandy vocal (atleast for me) is the tone and what she's doing is altering her sound (whether she knows it or not) to take out what makes Brandy BRANDY

Gorl u hate everything she does move

I LOVE HER LIVE VOCALS NOWSHE

WAS FUCKING LIPPING THE ENTIRE AFRODISIAC ERA SO YEW MUST NOT BE TALKIN BOUT LIVE VOCALS

Shes 13 years older now her voice is definetly transistioning than whatever was goin on in 04

And most of her hit records with the soft coo doesnt translate well live anyway

Sooo

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different