MONICA : Lady of Soul Honoree

Started by Young, October 02, 2020, 12:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 09:20:43 AM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on October 17, 2020, 05:57:28 AM
Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on October 16, 2020, 11:14:01 PM
Quote from: Bruce on October 16, 2020, 12:08:20 AM
Why hasn't she performed the song live yet? I mean she could do that on her front porch. She's so late these days, its so hard to stan for Brandy and Monica. I am moving on...

This is the exact conclusion many of us are being pushed to in this time of 2020 what monica or brandy is doing or isnt doing is so fucking trivial and irrelevant to ur life
Its not even worth aknowledging anymore whatever they do is gucci  we just have to stop focusing on them
Some ppul dont wanna let go

Let go of what exactly? Very few of us on this board even know Brandy or Monica personally and it's not like we are in some passionate, intensely close relationship with either of them. It's just music and entertainment to take it beyond that is just disturbing. And the fact that both you and Bruce been following Brandy online for over 20 years and counting and now all of a sudden decide to have some sudden epiphany about the quality of her work is hypocritical at best. Brandy was completely torn apart by people and the media during the Afrodisiac era with both her looks and the music and it didn't even come close to helping her get her name back out there again like B7 has. She's never had a perfect era. Either enjoy what they do or don't but stop whining like a big baby about it. Go stan for someone else if it bothers you that much because neither one of those women give a fuck about us either way.

:dead:

I don't get what's so hard to understand. For some people this album was a big let down. Simple as that. And after an 8 year wait with multiple failings along the way the disappointment hits even harder. It's not hypocritical to acknowledge that this work is lower quality than the rest of her catalogue. I love Brandy's music and was so prepared to go hard in support of this album for her and for us, which makes it all the more upsetting for me. As a stan you're not going to just process the disappointment in a week (after such a long wait) and then move on. Some people are able to be satisfied with less. Count yourself as lucky you actually enjoy this era musically and stop trying to undermine the experience of people who expected more.

well stated my friend used this album to work thru his pain and suffering he was experiencing but still said it was the weakest
then after he moved past that in about two weeks he was saying oh everyone just needs to get over it cause shes gonna do what she wants and yadda yadda yadda i said dude its a process and you cant judge others process

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

rosone1

October 18, 2020, 06:50:00 PM #78 Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:51:06 PM by rosone1
Sheesh.Are these vocals pre recorded?She sounds incredible.

Eh...

Quote from: rosone1 on October 18, 2020, 06:50:00 PM

it was clearly pre-recorded, I don't know anyone who is as horrible as her when it comes to lip-synching. She exaggerates everything when she lips  :plzstop:
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

rosone1

Quote from: Eh... on October 18, 2020, 07:07:42 PM
Quote from: rosone1 on October 18, 2020, 06:50:00 PM

it was clearly pre-recorded, I don't know anyone who is as horrible as her when it comes to lip-synching. She exaggerates everything when she lips  :plzstop:
They kept panning out the camera to hide it. :plzstop:

rosone1

I take that back.It wasn't incredible but much better than her usual.

Young

how u let him cheat

she looks and sounds amazing on whits mess
then take him back? must be yo only nigga.

Rxxf

BRANDY

Young

Vonc2002

She does NOT have the voice for this Whitney song :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Rxxf

It was ok, vocally.
Just happy sis is back out here.
BRANDY

Young

Monic and Dolly and other Legends are linking up

Wonder who the others are