MONICA : Lady of Soul Honoree

Started by Young, October 02, 2020, 12:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

And I think we'll be seeing a Trenches performance in the next few days for the Save The Stage concert 

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Young on October 16, 2020, 12:29:04 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 16, 2020, 12:25:04 AM
I'm actually anticipating this since the verzuz. I like both Commitment and Trenches. I think I'll be buying a physical copy and streaming as well. Never though I'd see the day  :dead:

Acckkkk

:plzstop:

Queens just seems so...authentic...made me use a bit lolz

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on October 13, 2020, 08:47:37 PM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on October 09, 2020, 12:16:08 AM
Why does Missy give Bran all this praise and say she wants to work with her and ppl ask her all the time and we always get NOTHING but she stays hopping in the studio with Monica. I'm not mad but if Bran and Missy want to collab then make it happen

I take it as a sign that she feels she would djcamper brandys vibe with her mess

so she takes that mess over to monica land

plus now its unchartered territory

monica and missy have had success so

now that its about nostalgia and giving flowers

its not worth it
LOL but if they take their time and get it right then it will be right, I just want solid production. Give Bran a hot mid tempo mess like Tweet or Jazzy. Bran ain't old and expired she's still a working gal so they need to get to it. Purrr
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Bruce on October 16, 2020, 12:08:20 AM
Why hasn't she performed the song live yet? I mean she could do that on her front porch. She's so late these days, its so hard to stan for Brandy and Monica. I am moving on...
good riddance!

Dr Naomi Campbell

and she look so youthful with the black hair

Brandy's Unconditional Ocean

Quote from: Jayda X on October 16, 2020, 06:53:57 AM
Why hasn't she performed the song live yet? I mean she could do that on her front porch. She's so late these days, its so hard to stan for Brandy and Monica. I am moving on...
good riddance!

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

This is the exact conclusion many of us are being pushed to in this time of 2020 what monica or brandy is doing or isnt doing is so fucking trivial and irrelevant to ur life
Its not even worth aknowledging anymore whatever they do is gucci  we just have to stop focusing on them
Some ppul dont wanna let go

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Eh...

I mean... What exactly do they get out of performing the song live if it isn't on a big platform where people other than their fans are watching. I get wanting to see them sing their songs but them just performing it on ig is mainly gonna be seen by people who already follows them. I can't be mad about them not wanting to waste their time
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Ma Lo

Good! Anything to shut you up! You've been following Brandy on these forums for a very long and yet you're still here ...right now...and now all of a sudden you wanna move on? Who you think you're fooling?

Ma Lo

Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on October 16, 2020, 11:14:01 PM

This is the exact conclusion many of us are being pushed to in this time of 2020 what monica or brandy is doing or isnt doing is so fucking trivial and irrelevant to ur life
Its not even worth aknowledging anymore whatever they do is gucci  we just have to stop focusing on them

Let go of what exactly? Very few of us on this board even know Brandy or Monica personally and it's not like we are in some passionate, intensely close relationship with either of them. It's just music and entertainment to take it beyond that is just disturbing. And the fact that both you and Bruce been following Brandy online for over 20 years and counting and now all of a sudden decide to have some sudden epiphany about the quality of her work is hypocritical at best. Brandy was completely torn apart by people and the media during the Afrodisiac era with both her looks and the music and it didn't even come close to helping her get her name back out there again like B7 has. She's never had a perfect era. Either enjoy what they do or don't but stop whining like a big baby about it. Go stan for someone else if it bothers you that much because neither one of those women give a fuck about us either way.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Ntwadumela on October 17, 2020, 05:57:28 AM

Let go of what exactly? Very few of us on this board even know Brandy or Monica personally and it's not like we are in some passionate, intensely close relationship with either of them. It's just music and entertainment to take it beyond that is just disturbing. And the fact that both you and Bruce been following Brandy online for over 20 years and counting and now all of a sudden decide to have some sudden epiphany about the quality of her work is hypocritical at best. Brandy was completely torn apart by people and the media during the Afrodisiac era with both her looks and the music and it didn't even come close to helping her get her name back out there again like B7 has. She's never had a perfect era. Either enjoy what they do or don't but stop whining like a big baby about it. Go stan for someone else if it bothers you that much because neither one of those women give a fuck about us either way.

Coreection Its been 16 years  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
Letting go of what?
Letting go of these fallible humans off this false pedestal and idolatry weve been placing them on because of their talent and art
Whenever we engage in seeking anything outside of ourselves as a substitute for the connection to ourself we will always be guided back to self in pleasant and unpleasant ways to show us that it was never that other thing
You are right its just music and entertainment and somehow that translated into these figures placed in higher regard then they should have because we are attached to the nostalgia of how their music spoke to us and how that connects us to the artist

Speaking from My own experience
Ive been celebrating brandy for years and everyone in my life knew about it its almost a cult
and i finally get to meet her 2016 and while exciting it was underwhelming (1st disappointment and redirect)
I thought hey the more i see her the better it will get
so i made those plans to fly 10 plus hours to go see her in dc for her to cancel cause shes too dumb to work out the logistics ahead of time and too scared to fully sing live ( 2nd disappointment and redirect )
It was here i knew that meeting her was the close of this silly cycle and not the beginning of a new one
I told everyone I am detaching and going to enjoy her artistry without the toxicity of  investing emotionally into it or over emphasizes her and her talents cause there is more to explore and i encouraged everyone to do the same.
and let go of her next project and stop putting so much emphasis on it not coming out
Then  Babymama gets released and all those old habbits come back
Im stanning telling everyone about it hyping the album checkin for updates checking for performances
then rather be hits and its the same thing
then borderline hits and its like oh wooooooooooooow
:ohwow:
Then the tragic album gets released ((3rd disappointment and redirect)
Then the tragedy of the quality hits ( (4th  disappointment and redirect)
then This no tomorrow thing hits ( (5th disappointment and redirect)

Had i not fallen back into old habbits i wouldnt have gotten redirected again
so I surrender
Shes doing her thing and none of it affects my life
its the last strength i have to fully release her and move on

Much like Bruce is feeling

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Ntwadumela on October 17, 2020, 05:48:08 AM

Good! Anything to shut you up! You've been following Brandy on these forums for a very long and yet you're still here ...right now...and now all of a sudden you wanna move on? Who you think you're fooling?

Karmic Cycles take years to close

hes been slowly moving to this

Different

Checkmate Burruss

Quote from: Young on October 16, 2020, 12:29:50 AM
And I think we'll be seeing a Trenches performance in the next few days for the Save The Stage concert

She's also performing for the Pepsi x Essence 2020 Virtual HBCU Homecoming on her birthday.

https://www.essence.com/pepsihomecoming/
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Ntwadumela on October 17, 2020, 05:57:28 AM

:dead:

I don't get what's so hard to understand. For some people this album was a big let down. Simple as that. And after an 8 year wait with multiple failings along the way the disappointment hits even harder. It's not hypocritical to acknowledge that this work is lower quality than the rest of her catalogue. I love Brandy's music and was so prepared to go hard in support of this album for her and for us, which makes it all the more upsetting for me. As a stan you're not going to just process the disappointment in a week (after such a long wait) and then move on. Some people are able to be satisfied with less. Count yourself as lucky you actually enjoy this era musically and stop trying to undermine the experience of people who expected more.