Another Brandy/Camper album coming this year?

Started by Buddha, March 15, 2021, 01:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Bish on March 17, 2021, 12:49:33 AM
2/11 was too commercial and didn't have Brandy's essence. But on the other hand, B7 was too pretentious. While it does have some incredible moments and some songs are highlights in her entire discography, it comes off way too try hard and it seems like they overthought it a lot, it sounds like they were trying to create a masterpiece and Full Moon 2.0

B7 - flaws and all - is, IMO, her most heartfelt and genuine album so I don't want her to lose that.  But if Brandy works with Camper again the production needs to improve drastically.

I don't care about Brandy riding the charts. Only a handful of artists are really selling and she has solidified her legacy. I just want her to make music that her fans can enjoy and isn't as polarizing as b7 was.

2 11 was hot

what is brans essence?

a rodney production?
disjointed writing
poor mixing and mastering
well produced vocals?

if brans essense is b7 then  she needs to sit back and let the producers and real writiers do their thing  and just sing

shes always adds her flare do it that what makes it come alive

u talkin shit ...too commercial  da fuck ?
that shit was too hot for the trash that was on the radio at the time

sit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

b7

b7

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Different

FRANCE

B7 missed the mark. Definitely my least favourite Brandy album. But not bad by any means. For me, I felt that it didn't resonate that well with the GP because the lyrics aren't as clear sometimes. Saving All My Love, what is that song really about? Baby Mama even, some of the lyrics aren't as clear cut. Could even say the same thing w/ Unconditional Oceans, High Heels. 

And if ur gonna tackle mental health on the songs, like really take it there. She kinda skirted around the topic (even in interviews), but didn't really dig in. But Im glad she got that out of her system. The album title was lazy and doesn't really encapsulate what the album is really all about. If B7 was a 7 track EP w/ interludes (in the vein of Heaux Tales) that was about mental health (where she was, how she was affected and how she overcame it in the end 'Bye Bipolar'), somewhat of a prelude to the next album, it would've resonated a WHOLE lot more with people.

Vocally, not my fave album from her either. I personally expected more. The keys to most of the songs were in the key of a male singer. Bye Bipolar was in the fucking key of Giveon. Her tone on the verses, meh. She's in a better shape vocally now than she was in 2018/19. I definitely feel like her next project will be milllles better. 

DopeSoul.

Quote from: Micheal Watson on March 16, 2021, 10:48:35 PM
Camper's production is fine

I mean borderline and rather be alone >>>>
n

His production is extremely lackluster

Brandy's voice makes the song.

His production kinda puts her voice to the forefront and us as Brandy fans hear every little thing and we'll go up.

I need her to venture out.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: DopeSoul. on March 17, 2021, 04:35:26 AM

n

His production kinda puts her voice to the forefront and us as Brandy fans hear every little thing and we'll go up.

I need her to venture out.
!!!!
Brandys voice was driving around in a pre-owned Chevy, can we get her a brand new Benz g wagon this time around
:guys:

FRANCE

n

I agree. Nothing special about his production at all. Lucid Dreams and Rather Be are prob the only songs I can say he killed on the production front.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: FRANCE on March 17, 2021, 04:07:56 AM
B7 missed the mark. Definitely my least favourite Brandy album. But not bad by any means. For me, I felt that it didn't resonate that well with the GP because the lyrics aren't as clear sometimes. Saving All My Love, what is that song really about? Baby Mama even, some of the lyrics aren't as clear cut. Could even say the same thing w/ Unconditional Oceans, High Heels.

And if ur gonna tackle mental health on the songs, like really take it there. She kinda skirted around the topic (even in interviews), but didn't really dig in. But Im glad she got that out of her system. The album title was lazy and doesn't really encapsulate what the album is really all about. If B7 was a 7 track EP w/ interludes (in the vein of Heaux Tales) that was about mental health (where she was, how she was affected and how she overcame it in the end 'Bye Bipolar'), somewhat of a prelude to the next album, it would've resonated a WHOLE lot more with people.

Vocally, not my fave album from her either. I personally expected more. The keys to most of the songs were in the key of a male singer. Bye Bipolar was in the fucking key of Giveon. Her tone on the verses, meh. She's in a better shape vocally now than she was in 2018/19. I definitely feel like her next project will be milllles better.

Fucking PREACH
firstly lets address the fact that brandy does not want to accept her voice as it is look at beyonce her chest voice is more dominant and she creates around that now instead of trying to give dc4 and dil vocals

Brandys voice within those 8 years has shifted and she sounds dumb trying to force nsn vocals with 40 year old baby talk vocals in an attempt to cover up the new weight in her voice now  ( the first saving all my love that camper leaked her tone glided really well) and then the final it was mumble breathy and when she does this she looses alot of clarity as well which wasnt a nsn brandy deal

When you listen to DO YOU KNOW that tone on that she cannot achieve today without it sounding forced, baby talkish and  whiney

next we have the writing

Okay brandy as a writer the way she writes is more poetic. spoken word than song
she has trouble writing second verses she writes them as bridges

Baby mama and  rather be 's second verses are prime examples

and then as you said bi polar
something about that track is just off
and the crescendo queen we were used to on full moon ( where she comes off of the bridge into big adlibs in the chorus and winds it down to close the record)
she attempted on bi polar and it was very grating to the ears I think something was off with the key tho

now the production

did anyone notice that camper recycled his tik tik clap for borderline for his own song that he released with brandy?
Brandy has terrible judgment in business and choosing these a n r decision shes needs someone smart and savy breathing down her neck at all times she doesn't need creative control but she burned so many bridges with labels ( walked away from atlantic, signed with epic and signed with rca) after what you gon thru its clear ur not reading the fine print  trying to figure out a way to market her and make her successful that she almost doesn't have a choice but to be independent camper purposely did what brandy accused rodney of doing which was not giving his best  but in both cases brandy has the power to check it and she didnt 

moving on from that

She simply doesn't know what she's doing  after all this time and needs to remain talent for hire with guidance
and dunno how much longer sonja can even protect her
but it is also a journey being independent so she has more to learn but its like meh too late
shoulda did this round human era

so  Ive washed my hands of her musically my expectation have been removed im no longer interested in brandy the singer

the last album as brandy the artist we know was two eleven and that's final until she proves otherwise

ready for acting tho
her musical career has been properly eulogized as well

Different

HUGO

March 17, 2021, 05:44:40 AM #114 Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:50:44 AM by HUGO
Quote from: FRANCE on March 17, 2021, 05:19:08 AM

n

I agree. Nothing special about his production at all. Lucid Dreams and Rather Be are prob the only songs I can say he killed on the production front.

!!! I agree. I actually enjoy the production on UO as well but the mixing could've been 100 times better. I heard she had them purposely mix it like that and the original version was a lot clearer. Sis just kept tweeking the mess. I like that she has creative control but I think she needs direction and that could do wonders tbh. And I'm gonna always use Heax Tales as an example  :gorlonfire:

HUGO

Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on March 17, 2021, 05:42:47 AM

t camper purposely did what brandy accused rodney of doing which was not giving his best  but in both cases brandy has the power to check it and she didnt.

THIS!!! That's why I'm so confused that she's working with him again  :uhh:

Annie

March 17, 2021, 06:19:46 AM #116 Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 06:24:13 AM by Annie
Robert Glasper>>>>>
I just feel he really puts his soul in the music and it makes Bran's voice come alive

/.\

Annie

Quote from: DopeSoul. on March 16, 2021, 09:19:31 PM
I'm screaming

Does Brandy know she's releasing another mess this year?  :unsure:
:usuresis:

/.\

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: HUGO on March 17, 2021, 05:49:08 AM
Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on March 17, 2021, 05:42:47 AM

t camper purposely did what brandy accused rodney of doing which was not giving his best  but in both cases brandy has the power to check it and she didnt.

THIS!!! That's why I'm so confused that she's working with him again  :uhh:

lol @ deleting the rest but
yeah It comes back to Bran I dont wanna hear 4 years from it was a toxic work relationship and he did this or that
Move on brandy

Different