Ashanti vs. Keyshia Cole *Verzuz Battle* (Thursday, 1/21 @ 8:00 pm)

Started by M-Rocka, December 04, 2020, 04:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: M-Rocka on January 13, 2021, 07:40:58 AM
Quote from: Troye on January 13, 2021, 12:15:59 AM
Quote from: BranNu on January 12, 2021, 09:27:50 PM
Quote from: Freemala Harris on January 12, 2021, 08:58:53 PM

Nobody gives a shit no more

at ALL this is a bad match up.  they didnt even come up in the same era

Who would you rather see matched up?

keyshia and fantasia would be better TO ME .. they both started around  the same time... Fantasia would win

i dunno who ashanti could go against .. ashanti kinda bull dozed through any new girl who tried to come up during her time.  amerie maybe lolz

Scott.

Y'all are acting like Keyshia and Ashanti started so far apart. I mean it's only a 2 year difference. Ashanti started in 02 and Keyshia came out in 04. It's not that far fetched.

Young

Quote from: Scott. on January 13, 2021, 02:54:55 PM
Y'all are acting like Keyshia and Ashanti started so far apart. I mean it's only a 2 year difference. Ashanti started in 02 and Keyshia came out in 04. It's not that far fetched.

At all  :dead:

Buy The Stars✨

really??? they seemed so much far apart back then lskdlkdfdjkf

we were younger so time moved differently back then.   Also i feel like keyshia didnt really POP off that quick to ME so maybe to me it seemed liked keyshia was way after but after looking

ashantis first album was in 2002 and keyshia was in 2005.  thats 3 years difference between debuts.   ashanti  also had 3 albums out before keyshia even had one lol.

looking back they really tried to shove ashanti down our throats

Scott.

Quote from: Troye on January 13, 2021, 03:15:31 PM

we were younger so time moved differently back then.   Also i feel like keyshia didnt really POP off that quick to ME so maybe to me it seemed liked keyshia was way after but after looking

ashantis first album was in 2002 and keyshia was in 2005.  thats 3 years difference between debuts.   ashanti  also had 3 albums out before keyshia even had one lol.

And that's because Ashanti released albums EVERY DAMN YEAR.

Ashanti-2002
Chapter 3-2003
Concrete Rose-2004

So no it's not that far fetched. Like I said, Ashanti started in 02 and Keyshia Cole started in 04. She dropped "I Changed My Mind" damn near a year before her album actually came out.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Scott. on January 13, 2021, 03:24:51 PM
Quote from: Troye on January 13, 2021, 03:15:31 PM

And that's because Ashanti released albums EVERY DAMN YEAR.

Ashanti-2002
Chapter 3-2003
Concrete Rose-2004

So no it's not that far fetched. Like I said, Ashanti started in 02 and Keyshia Cole started in 04. She dropped "I Changed My Mind" damn near a year before her album actually came out.

yeah i agree with ya!! they will work !

Cowgirl

mcmcmccnccncncc

M-Rocka

Quote from: Troye on January 13, 2021, 02:50:41 PM

keyshia and fantasia would be better TO ME .. they both started around  the same time... Fantasia would win

i dunno who ashanti could go against .. ashanti kinda bull dozed through any new girl who tried to come up during her time.  amerie maybe lolz
I honestly think Keyshia is perfectly matched with Ashanti. But I do see where you're going with Fanny.

If Ashanti wasn't paired with Keyshia, the only other girl I could see her with is probably Ciara.

I would love for them to one day do Sade & Anita or maybe even Anita & Toni.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: M-Rocka on January 13, 2021, 04:17:25 PM
Quote from: Troye on January 13, 2021, 02:50:41 PM

I honestly think Keyshia is perfectly matched with Ashanti. But I do see where you're going with Fanny.

If Ashanti wasn't paired with Keyshia, the only other girl I could see her with is probably Ciara.

I would love for them to one day do Sade & Anita or maybe even Anita & Toni.

YEP fanny and keyshia have more a similar style of rnb music.  I always felt ashanti was more poppy.  yeah ciara would be a good one actually for ashanti