Y’all agree?

Started by HUGO, October 10, 2019, 08:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOONA.

I don't really have a problem with it nor do I see an issue.

Every artist I listen to doesn't have to give a vocal...that's why I have my faves.

Just give me something I can FEEL.  

Ma Lo

Quote from: LOONA. on October 10, 2019, 10:34:23 AM
I don't really have a problem with it nor do I see an issue.

Every artist I listen to doesn't have to give a vocal...that's why I have my faves.

Just give me something I can FEEL.   

Opposites Attract.

I haven't listened to R&B music since 2012.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

FRANCE

Quote from: Young on October 10, 2019, 10:06:52 AM
and I mean can the girls atleast give different vibes?

sounds like everyone is drinking the same bottle of NyQuil

sssdd

while I agree, it kinda goes back to the whole 'female rappers all rap about the same shit and sound the same'. at the end of the day, if some new R&B singer tries to give a power ballad, who's gonna listen, play the song on radio or stream it on iTunes? they gotta just ride the wave if they wanna get noticed...unfortunately. i mean, brandy came out w/ freedom rings for instance, which is different from anything out, but all we wanna hear now is dat baby mama knock. it is what it is.

Ma Lo

October 10, 2019, 11:09:28 AM #20 Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:09:44 AM by Ntwadumela
I used to be annoyed when Brandy didn't conform, and release songs that sound like everything else on the radio , at least to get some airplay and charting. But now I love that she just does her own thing. And I hope she continues to cuz all these gorls sound the same

Boomz

October 10, 2019, 11:39:23 AM #21 Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:39:41 AM by Boom’
Agree but I don't have an issue with it. U can still find a great vocal, if u look for it.

Kalifornia.

A lot of it definitely has, but I don't mind.

I don't always need to hear someone running & hollering all over a song.

Sometimes I wanna just vibe out to someone riding the beat while I smoke a damns bowl.

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Boom' on October 10, 2019, 11:39:23 AM
Agree but I don't have an issue with it. U can still find a great vocal, if u look for it.

Kalifornia.

Part of the problem is that people want to put R&B music in a box.

R&B isn't defined as just one thing. It has its sub-genres too.

I love that artists have branched out to become more experimental with R&B music. In a sense it's breathed new life into the genre and I'm here for it.

Young

October 10, 2019, 02:52:28 PM #25 Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:30:00 PM by Young
90s R&B>>>

I need the girls to SANG a bit

Doesn't have to be overdone; but there aren't enough variety in the palets to taste from in music rn IMO

The girls in the 90s would transform a song and personalize it

Alpha

Quote from: Young on October 10, 2019, 02:52:28 PM
90s R&B>>>

Doesn't have to be overdone; but there aren't enough variety in the palest to taste from in music rn IMO

Right. Aaliyah wasn't that much of a skilled vocalist but she still gave variety in her vocals and songs

Kalifornia.

Kalifornia.

Young

October 10, 2019, 03:30:38 PM #29 Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:30:53 PM by Young
Quote from: Alpha on October 10, 2019, 03:11:51 PM
Quote from: Young on October 10, 2019, 02:52:28 PM
90s R&B>>>

Doesn't have to be overdone; but there aren't enough variety in the palest to taste from in music rn IMO

Right. Aaliyah wasn't that much of a skilled vocalist but she still gave variety in her vocals and songs

ddddddd wyd bby

She wasn't a powerhouse mess but Liy had her own signature COO