Tampon brand removes fem symbol to be inclusive of transwomen

Started by herbie, October 20, 2019, 05:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbie

This is awesome!

Sanitary product brand Always to remove feminine logo to be more inclusive to trans people

Earlier in the year, transgender campaigner Ben Saunders asked sanitary product brand Always why they include feminine logos in their packaging. At the time, another activist who goes by Melly Bloom on Twitter made the same complaint asking why it was 'imperative' to have the Venus sign on their products.

Both feel that the company, owned by Proctor & Gamble, exclude transgender and non-binary people who use the items. Since both complaints were made, Always has said it will now aim to remove the signs from their packaging from December 2019, with aims to have it distributed everywhere by February 2020.

Melly's tweet to the brand read: 'Could someone from Always tell me why it is imperative to have the female symbol on their sanitary products? 'There are non-binary and trans folks who still need to use your products too you know!'

In response to the tweet from July, the North American Customer Care Team wrote: 'At Always, we care about the needs and preferences of our customers,' urging Melly to get in touch. And now, they've written back to Ben saying they have taken on the advice and will be making changes. A delighted Melly has shared the letter sent to Ben on her Twitter.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/20/sanitary-product-brand-always-to-remove-feminine-logo-to-be-more-inclusive-10950757/?ito=cbshare

BAPHOMET.

Edge gorl

this is so fckin stupid

i see why gorls like baph' n bent' want us trans dead

Gilgamesh.

Edge gorl

this must b talmbout tha non-binary white females or sumn

Buy The Stars✨

yummy

d

They gon start them selling them fake tampons to stick up their asses too?

Edge gorl

October 20, 2019, 06:04:57 PM #12 Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:05:04 PM by rainbow goddess oshumare
why u tryna be funny n messy

mops head ill hurt u

forreal!

reekz

Quote from: silly h0e on October 20, 2019, 06:01:57 PM
oh i looked more closely

it's for trans men who obviously still get their periods

ohhhh

I was about to go off on my IG  :dead: