Brandy performing at an event for my job tonight

Started by Fastcarsfm, February 08, 2019, 01:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GYNandTONIC

February 09, 2019, 02:28:44 AM #90 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:30:27 AM by GYNandTONIC
Quote from: jtwoeleven on February 09, 2019, 01:24:22 AM
Quote from: Ulysses on February 09, 2019, 01:00:57 AM
Why... is... she... lipping?!!!

Like, you are AMAZING! Why??

I?d like to know this as well?
She doesn?t tour regularly, and hasn?t released new music in years. It?s a question mark as to when new music is coming out, and we don?t even know if she?s still recording for the album (if there?s one in the works). I know some may say she?s preserving her voice, but since she?s practically 40 and performs sparingly as it is, one must wonder what is she preserving her voice for?

The reason why she sounds the way she does TODAY is because she has preserved her voice. Unlike some of her peers who may be live but voice sounds like flaming hot cheetos

She?s def been recording for an album, she works on a television show where she sings, she wasn?t shortly before that on Broadway singing, she has to sing to prepare for all those things as well. The girl sings all the damn time, so what are y?all talking about? She been singing on a slew of other people?s records as well. I hate when y?all act like just cause she isn?t touring or has an album out that she?s somehow sitting at home not using her instrument.

?What is she preserving her voice for??....Ummm the rest of her career. She?s only 40 and Brandy surely will be working into her 60?s & 70?s.

yearofbrandy

Quote from: SPARK on February 08, 2019, 11:55:02 PM
Yeah, I think after the whole fiasco that took place in DC and the whole lip synching thing, I'm actually tired of her lipping to pre-records. And I dont get why she performs WIS2U like it was some hit. I'd actually prefer to hear her perform Right Here and Brokenhearted instead. And she can stop doing I Thought now too. So many songs in her catalogue and she just chooses to do the same ones over and over again.

I agree with you 100 percent!  People love Right Here (Departed). I never understood why she perform WIS2U but not RH when RH did pretty damn good. She has so many different songs she can perform.

I don?t like the new arrangements either or her voice ?. I don?t want to be over Brandy at all but.......

yearofbrandy

Quote from: Fastcarsfm on February 08, 2019, 01:52:45 PM
I?ll let y?all know how she does. I?ll be in VIP and will get to meet her again. I will bring up DC too. Still fuming at that MESS.

Did u speak to her?

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on February 09, 2019, 02:28:44 AM

She doesn?t tour regularly, and hasn?t released new music in years. It?s a question mark as to when new music is coming out, and we don?t even know if she?s still recording for the album (if there?s one in the works). I know some may say she?s preserving her voice, but since she?s practically 40 and performs sparingly as it is, one must wonder what is she preserving her voice for?

The reason why she sounds the way she does TODAY is because she has preserved her voice. Unlike some of her peers who may be live but voice sounds like flaming hot cheetos

She?s def been recording for an album, she works on a television show where she sings, she wasn?t shortly before that on Broadway singing, she has to sing to prepare for all those things as well. The girl sings all the damn time, so what are y?all talking about? She been singing on a slew of other people?s records as well. I hate when y?all act like just cause she isn?t touring or has an album out that she?s somehow sitting at home not using her instrument.

?What is she preserving her voice for??....Ummm the rest of her career. She?s only 40 and Brandy surely will be working into her 60?s & 70?s.
I mean he kinda said what he said and he made sense.

Brandy hasn't done any major touring since never say never.  Can y'all believe that ? No full moon tour.  No afrosisiac tour no human world tour and no 2/11 tour. Oh

Wait she has done a a tour of Chicago though. 

Yeah she is only about 40 but she hasn't done anything major that she needs to "preserve" her voice for period

KingDavid

Quote from: AJ on February 09, 2019, 12:21:13 AM
Quote from: KingDavid on February 08, 2019, 10:49:01 PM
Quote from: 12 Nights of Molesting Flopped on February 08, 2019, 10:47:44 PM
Nkhbhhghbb
She usually lips I Thought and WIS2U
and does Baby live hmmm

She wasn?t lipping I could tell especially with the new instrumentals and backgrounds . All new arrangements prolly from the cancelled mess !!
smh you poor thing

She is not lipping these entire songs yes the backgrounds and the instrumentals are pre recorded but she is clearly singing around and on top of the pre records like why is that a problem ? She doesn?t have background singers like wtf  :dead: What is the issue  :plzstop:

Gilgamesh.

I would think after the DC mess she?s make it a priority to sing live, just to prove her naysayers wrong.... :dead:

And these aren?t even particularly hard songs anyway. Just sing live woman :uhh:

jtwoeleven

That doesn?t hold water with me. In part yes, but she sounds the way she does today because she?s a clean, accurate singer who has honed her craft, memorizes her vocal placements, and rarely sings anything unrehearsed.

She?s been recording this album for how long now? This is someone who has only released one album this decade. ONE. I say it again to drive home the point. We?re currently in the longest break between albums in her entire career. I wouldn?t be surprised if she?s performed more as Roxie Hart in the past few years than she has as Brandy this past decade overall. And I don?t think anyone can say with full confidence that she ?sings all the time? just because she posts some snips on ig, and we?re not in her immediate circle so we don?t know her specific recording schedule.

Of course she?ll have a career ahead of her for decades to come, moreso in the acting world I?d say, because if she continues on this path of meager musical offerings spread several years apart, then her musical future is unclear at least to me. She?ll always have the classic hits and she has a great catalog to fall back on, one she hasn?t adequately delved into, but if she?s fine with being branded as a pure nostalgia act who?s not interested in making new music or changing her formula, then just SAY that, DO that and not set your supporters up for false hopes is all I?m saying.

GYNandTONIC

February 09, 2019, 03:08:34 AM #97 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:09:15 AM by GYNandTONIC
Is a WW tour the ONLY requirement for a career singer to preserve their voice?

What does ??major? have to do with the amount of singing one does?

Is all the singing she does for her tv show, her album, and features negated because it?s not on a stage with thousands of viewers.

It?s almost like suggesting ?Why do workout & eat healthy, it?s not like your going to the Olympics or anything. What are you preserving you health for?? It doesn?t make sense

jtwoeleven

February 09, 2019, 03:18:01 AM #98 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:18:58 AM by jtwoeleven
It?s not negated. And who said anything about a world tour??

Aside from recording for the album and singing on Star, what have been the most vocally demanding things she?s done recently? And the features? They seem pretty spread out, no? Same for the spot dates. Also, it?s not like the recent features she?s done became singles that she?s had to practice for performances for or something. If she committed to doing this performance then that shows that she was well enough vocally to do it, so am I missing something?

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: jtwoeleven on February 09, 2019, 03:06:05 AM

That doesn?t hold water with me. In part yes, but she sounds the way she does today because she?s a clean, accurate singer who has honed her craft, memorizes her vocal placements, and rarely sings anything unrehearsed.

She?s been recording this album for how long now? This is someone who has only released one album this decade. ONE. I say it again to drive home the point. We?re currently in the longest break between albums in her entire career. I wouldn?t be surprised if she?s performed more as Roxie Hart in the past few years than she has as Brandy this past decade overall. And I don?t think anyone can say with full confidence that she ?sings all the time? just because she posts some snips on ig, and we?re not in her immediate circle so we don?t know her specific recording schedule.

Of course she?ll have a career ahead of her for decades to come, moreso in the acting world I?d say, because if she continues on this path of meager musical offerings spread several years apart, then her musical future is unclear at least to me. She?ll always have the classic hits and she has a great catalog to fall back on, one she hasn?t adequately delved into, but if she?s fine with being branded as a pure nostalgia act who?s not interested in making new music or changing her formula, then just SAY that, DO that and not set your supporters up for false hopes is all I?m saying.

She has def performed more as Brandy than Roxie Hart. To even make that unfactual comparison shows me that these statements are from emotion instead of what?s real. What?s real is Brandy hasn?t stop performing her music since 2/11 dropped. She?s always at a festivals, prides, small venues, award shows and so on singing her music.

Brandy has showed y?all over and over she?s working on new music. Y?all upset cause she not giving dates and timelines. Do Sade give dates & times? Does Maxwell give all this xtra info? Is her peers dropping projects and news at an alarming rate different than hers? I?m not seeing some drastic difference in the way Brandy handles her craft from the way her R&B peers do. Is Mya on a WW tour w/ 5 new videos, is Mary, Monica, Toni?

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: jtwoeleven on February 09, 2019, 03:18:01 AM
It?s not negated. And who said anything about a world tour??

Aside from recording for the album and singing on Star, what have been the most vocally demanding things she?s done recently? And the features? They seem pretty spread out, no? Same for the spot dates. Also, it?s not like the recent features she?s done became singles that she?s had to practice for performances for or something. If she committed to doing this performance then that shows that she was well enough vocally to do it, so am I missing something?

You asked ?What is she preserving her voice for....its not like she?s touring? (which demands a lot of singing)

And I was simply asking is being on tour the only reason a singer would need to preserve their voice. Are doing shows the only way to measure how much singing and singer does?

jtwoeleven

February 09, 2019, 03:31:58 AM #101 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:35:32 AM by jtwoeleven
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on February 09, 2019, 03:18:50 AM

She has def performed more as Brandy than Roxie Hart. To even make that unfactual comparison shows me that these statements are from emotion instead of what?s real. What?s real is Brandy hasn?t stop performing her music since 2/11 dropped. She?s always at a festivals, prides, small venues, award shows and so on singing her music.

Brandy has showed y?all over and over she?s working on new music. Y?all upset cause she not giving dates and timelines. Do Sade give dates & times? Does Maxwell give all this xtra info? Is her peers dropping projects and news at an alarming rate different than hers? I?m not seeing some drastic difference in the way Brandy handles her craft from the way her R&B peers do. Is Mya on a WW tour w/ 5 new videos, is Mary, Monica, Toni?

I never definitively said she performed more as Roxie, I said I wouldn?t be surprised if she did, but I digress...

So, what you?re basically saying is that fans/supporters don?t deserve to have specific, detailed info about her musical offerings. That?s fine if you feel that way. I?ve been following her long enough to know her pattern. It doesn?t mean I personally have to be okay with it, that?s just me. And furthermore, I don?t compare Brandy to what other folks are doing. She?s a trailblazer among her peers and contemporaries, at least she should be to me.

You?re kinda sounding like Silent a bit in this regard when he says ?it could be worse, y?all could be in Lauryn Hill territory?. And that?s no shade to you at all, (or Silent because I do like him). But if you?re using Lauryn Hill as the reference for how bad things could get, how far are we from that point? That seems to be setting the bar quite low if you ask me.

Buy The Stars✨

gorl its been 7 years since 2/11 .. does that seem ok to you ??   she has been showing us SNIPPETSFOR 7 years... we havent got any solid info in SEVEN YEARS . who gives a fuck about sade, maxwell, mya mary monica or toni

we talking about brandy .. llike someone else said she has dont ONE ALBUM THIS DECADE and its almost over

those prides and small spot dates dont equal to what the DC show coulda done for her career

and another thing she has def performed more as roxie than she has as her self since she debuted in chicago.  thats kinda sad if you think about it.. all those nights as roxie from LA TO NYC and we cant even get to real tour since the NSN tour in 1999 dfdfljzhfjzhskjdzhsd JESUS

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Vocal Issues on February 09, 2019, 03:39:37 AM

gorl its been 7 years since 2/11 .. does that seem ok to you ??   she has been showing us SNIPPETSFOR 7 years... we havent got any solid info in SEVEN YEARS . who gives a fuck about sade, maxwell, mya mary monica or toni

we talking about brandy .. llike someone else said she has dont ONE ALBUM THIS DECADE and its almost over

those prides and small spot dates dont equal to what the DC show coulda done for her career

and another thing she has def performed more as roxie than she has as her self since she debuted in chicago.  thats kinda sad if you think about it.. all those nights as roxie from LA TO NYC and we cant even get to real tour since the NSN tour in 1999 dfdfljzhfjzhskjdzhsd JESUS

This is the last thing I?ll post because again y?all not going on facts.

Fact: Brandy hasn?t been playing us snippets for 7 years, I actually remember when the boards were upset because y?all weren?t getting any. She?s been previewing snippets for a little over a year.

Fact: She has performed her music more than Chicago?s since she?s been off Broadway. Y?all choose to not count smaller performances because it?s not an official tour..that?s a fans problem not Brandy?s.

Fact: You?re comparing the shows she does not to her tour during her biggest album at the biggest point in her career. If that?s the case you?ll never get another tour cause her label funded that big production.

Afrodisiac15

Brandysource has turned into the Shaderoom, So much negativity. If I was her and came to a board that was ?dedicated? to me and read all these nasty comments I wouldn?t rush to put out anything either. You guys will be ungrateful either way...