The Rickey Smiley Show: “Janet couldn't hold her own in a Verzuz against Bey”

Started by Lucid Salvatore, September 11, 2020, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucid Salvatore

- Rickey asked them who would be able to go up against Beyonce and actually be able to hold their own
- Gary said Janet
- One of them said Janet only has 10 hits and Beyonce has more
- Gary was pissed at then and listed like 20 of Janet's hits
- Eva was adamant on Janet not being able to hold her own. She was not having it
- Da Brat said Beyonce would have to go up against Michael Jackson or Whitney

Lucid Salvatore

I stan for Bey more than I stan for Janet but these old niggers TRIED it. If these niggers were in their 20s and they weren't born or were too young to remember Janet's peak, then I could understand that. ALL these niggers were old enough in the late 80s/90s to remember her peak.

The way Janet's legacy is disrespected <<<<<
Especially by her own black community  :uhh:

and if we're being completely honest.... Janet's biggest hits have aged better and are bigger classics than Bey's biggest hits
:letsmessfag:

Aalumeci.

Yea that's stupid in terms of hits but their styles are too different, and audiences different as well. it's a matter of taste. Like Runaway would murk Dance For You, 7 Eleven, Love On Top, etc etc etc (anything that's not Halo, Single Ladies, or Irreplaceable) but it won't feel like it because.... the times 

Cowgirl

Quote from: Lucid Salvatore on September 11, 2020, 09:19:22 AM
I stan for Bey more than I stan for Janet but these old niggers TRIED it. If these niggers were in their 20s and they weren't born or were too young to remember Janet's peak, then I could understand that. ALL these niggers were old enough in the late 80s/90s to remember her peak.

The way Janet's legacy is disrespected <<<<<
Especially by her own black community  :uhh:
Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on September 11, 2020, 09:25:28 AM
Yea that's stupid in terms of hits but their styles are too different, and audiences different as well. it's a matter of taste. Like Runaway would murk Dance For You, 7 Eleven, Love On Top, etc etc etc (anything that's not Halo, Single Ladies, or Irreplaceable) but it won't feel like it because.... the times

Eh...

People really try to downplay Janet's success and impact

this woman is one of the most successful artist in billboard history...Billboard even ranked Janet higher than Michael on their top 100 artist list of all time.
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Dr Naomi Campbell

Janet would be able to hold her own and then some
A better comparison would be Janet v Mariah and Bey v Rihanna
Dunno how you can compare a artist that debuted in the 80s to someone that went solo in 2003

Cowgirl

Janet also disappeared for almost a decade in the Middle East so she has disconnect but she's top  5 of all time.

Kaeli.

Beyonce has way better hits 

but to act like Janet has 10 messes is very delusional 

GYNandTONIC

Yeah Janet would beat her and easily IMO

Beyonce's music hasn't aged well and most of it would sound dated and/or snooze fest.

RAY7

its really weird how ppl disrespect Janet and it all started because a cracker exposed her titty
I mean I love Bey way more than her personally
but objectively Jan>>>>
I mean Bey was just at HER tour, she grew up watching and being influenced by her
its a mess

Kaeli.

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on September 11, 2020, 09:59:39 AM
Yeah Janet would beat her and easily IMO

Beyonce's music hasn't aged well and most of it would sound dated and/or snooze fest.
m

Janet's mess sounds just like the years they came out in

Talking bout some damn dated  :dead:

Cowboy Nine

STUNNA GOD

D

This video is the perfect example of why it doesn't need to happen. :dead: Everyone is gonna give it to Bey by default and the newer generations don't even know Jans catalog. This is stupid. 

Bey doesn't have more bigger hits than Jans... hers are just more memorable and current to us. :dead: Two completely different generations. Our generation is so weird and can only see/recollect what's right in front of them... I'm not even a Jans, but this is late.