OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

August 02, 2020, 08:40:23 PM #2325 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:40:49 PM by Annie
Ok I gave it time and listened with good headphones.

My favorite song is definitely SS, i love the energy...best track. I love List Brandy.
The vocals on Lucid are amazing. The raw vocals definitely hit me... and it reminds me of binaural beats. Definitely a song for meditation.
Unconditional is another highlight. Even tho production is a bit sloppy and I don't hear what she sings..I do love the energy.
I'm happy Borderline grew on me. It is still a very long song but it is nice vibe. (They should have made two songs or something...make the end the intro or interlude.) I'm not mad at it. I like that her vocals and lyrics sound very personal.

/.\

Aalumeci.

Rxxf

BRANDY

Annie

I want to like SAML..sometimes it hits me and sometimes I get distracted by production..piano reminds me of when I used to play around in fruity loop computer beats maker. It is a bit long but I can see this one growing more. I really feel the lyrics 'can we let me live'..

Rather be is definitely a nice single choice. The vocals are amazing. I like the beat change. (I'm scared I will get bored after too many plays tho) No Tomorrow needs to be an interlude, way too long and repetitive (smooth vocals, very chill sweet song but I'm going to fall asleep). 

/.\

Annie

August 02, 2020, 08:50:06 PM #2330 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:51:21 PM by Annie
I think it really depends how you listen to it. Some songs are not really for sitting and listening. More for when you're doing something in the meantime. Or just floating away in a meditation. When I focus hard on lyrics and mixing it gets difficult. I can see why people who really love it think it is healing music. (Especially first half)

/.\

Annie

August 02, 2020, 08:58:01 PM #2331 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:59:27 PM by Annie
I don't really care for the rest. Maybe I will play BM every now and then. That song surprisingly grew on me. The interludes seem like fillers to create more tracks after our complaints. We just needed her clear vocals and it would have been so much better.

I thought I would like I am more & high heels better but after a couple of days I changed my mind. I am more is just bit too Hannah Montana pop (I miss instruments, would have been cute for Human era) and high heels also sounds a bit dated (nice song for Sy'rai, love her voice, needed neptunes). The rap is cringeworthy. I'm sure there are a lot of people who love it but yeahh..maybe not edgy or authentic enough after big statements like Borderline & Say something?

Love again is one of the few songs with great quality, production and instruments. This song should have been earlier on the tracklist. Too slow for the end of the record...it is drowning and deserves more attention.

I forced myself to sit through Bye Bipolar..wow so difficult to digest. Human vibes but I'd rather hear the song Human. BB is so long and draining..cringe cringe. How many times repeat cried and cried, lied and lied. No thank you.

/.\

REALucid

Back then I couldn't take no chances. Karma is a bitch baby  :feelinmyself:
Used to write our names in car fog

Lazarus

August 02, 2020, 11:17:29 PM #2334 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:18:04 PM by Lazarus
I like what I've listened to so far. Gonna listen in full tomorrow after work.

ReVon

"Deepest Thoughts" could have been on this album

hewritez

Unconditional Oceans is lashing me.
This breezy weird lean.

That ending....

:flamebroiled:

Sovereign.

"Unconditional Oceans" has grown on me a lot. 

Bigmacthawoppa

I'm returning to UO, Border, and starting to appreciate SAML a little more. Those are on repeat. The rest is meh and feels kinda basic by comparison. That and these are the songs where her vocals are most pleasing to listen to, for me. Can't stand that forced, takin a dookie vocal approach she gives on the back half of the alber.

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Jayda X on August 02, 2020, 05:01:30 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia. on August 02, 2020, 04:02:28 PM
I hate that she ruined the vibe @ 1:54 on Lucid.

That part just doesn't work for me.
!!!!
I hate how it turns into a different song almost

What the hec ru guys hearing...the whole song is a vibe, stop being so picky. After 1:54 she gives a little bit of Aretha omg I love it
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track