Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 03, 2020, 01:29:37 AM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 03, 2020, 01:27:21 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 03, 2020, 01:06:07 AM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 03, 2020, 01:02:16 AM
Quote from: Annie on August 02, 2020, 08:58:01 PM
I don't really care for the rest. Maybe I will play BM every now and then. That song surprisingly grew on me. The interludes seem like fillers to create more tracks after our complaints. We just needed her clear vocals and it would have been so much better.

I thought I would like I am more & high heels better but after a couple of days I changed my mind. I am more is just bit too Hannah Montana pop (I miss instruments, would have been cute for Human era) and high heels also sounds a bit dated (nice song for Sy'rai, love her voice, needed neptunes). The rap is cringeworthy. I'm sure there are a lot of people who love it but yeahh..maybe not edgy or authentic enough after big statements like Borderline & Say something?

Love again is one of the few songs with great quality, production and instruments. This song should have been earlier on the tracklist. Too slow for the end of the record...it is drowning and deserves more attention.

I forced myself to sit through Bye Bipolar..wow so difficult to digest. Human vibes but I'd rather hear the song Human. BB is so long and draining..cringe cringe. How many times repeat cried and cried, lied and lied. No thank you.
Whewww girl ur energy is just negative, you aren't even in the place to receive this music. Borderline isn't long enough for me, them 5 minutes go by so fast b/c I'm so mesmerized by the lyrics, the approach, the stacking and harmonies smh. Did you really listen to Bye Bipolar, its one of Bran's best vocals and truest songs and it isn't repetitive.
:ohwow:

I'm sorry but this is a lie. The lyrics may be true/deep but this is one of her worst vocals for me. Ugly tone, running all over for no reason. Literally all of Full Moon and Human beg to differ  :uhh:

Stan out but don't be ridiculous.
Ur ears just aren't working sweetie, you've been a negative BITCH

Hmmm yeah, or maybe you're just a dumb, take everything as it is, yes bitch.

Your posts give me 45 year old retard.
You tried it and u obviously haven't been reading my post because I lash Bran when she needs to be lashed but this is album week and WE IN FULL STAN MODE OVER HERE.

Muva delivered and did what the fvck needed to be done...I don't want to hear it. GET ON UR KNEES AND REPENT AND START SAVING UR LOVE UR LOVE UR LOVEEEE FOR ANOTHER FAVE.
  :tellmemoreireallycare:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on August 03, 2020, 01:31:19 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 03, 2020, 01:21:37 AM
Quote from: Lee on August 03, 2020, 01:14:31 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 03, 2020, 01:10:48 AM
Quote from: Lee on August 03, 2020, 01:07:25 AM
Yea I hope Bye Bipolar gets a Grammy nom. One of my favorite vocals from her on an album.

:dead:

Well gor you gon cry and cry and cry and cry and cry cuz that ain't happenin

:watchit:

At this point I'm convinced that some of y'all are just listening to a different album  :plzstop:
Brandy vocally clears the whole industry on this song ALONE, not to mention the rest of the album  :dead: :dead:
So glad I won't have to play catch up...and I'm loving the fact that so many musicians and singers are giving Bran her flowers. Whew what a privilege to have working ears :feelinmyself:

How long have you been a fan? Have you really dug into Full Moon? Bc if so I don't see how there's any comparison vocally.

But I guess it all just boils down to taste. I like SAML, UO, and Borderline because her tone and phrasing are clean. Bye Bipolar by contrast sounds forced and heavy, not in a good way.

And me not liking the song doesn't mean I'm not happy she's getting her flowers  :dead:

I need y'all super stans to stop equating dissatisfaction with malcontent.

I've been a fan of Brandy for almost 20 years and Full Moon is my favorite album  :plzstop:
Nobody is super stanning. I just think it's amazing that respected artists are really embracing what she did on this project. I personally don't care whether people on here like the album or not bdndnd I'm just saying the nitpicking is LATE. Seeing other people stanning for the album/song and coming in with the "well actually"  :plzstop:

I love that I can take a new album from Brandy and hear her do stuff vocally that I've NEVER heard from her. If I wanna hear her do Full Moon stuff, I'd just go listen to that album :dead:
Her vocal approach changes literally every single album and she gave me more styles on b7 than I've heard on any other project. It's like she morphed into a different person on each song and I love it. And I think her vocals on Bye Bipolar are stellar. Similar to Lullaby, which I also loved.

Well good for you boo. I'm glad everything's working out in your favor, but after 8 years I think it's fair to nitpick. There are plenty of fans who aren't exactly pleased with this album but keeping it to themselves. It wouldnt be such a big deal if she released something new in two years but that seems unlikely, especially the way she's talked about approaching this like her final album. So after 8 years of waiting and most likely at least several more before something else new, I think it's fair for people to be disappointed. And seeing as this is a message board, it's not unreasonable to share those feelings here.

Le Champ

I love how the album cover just screams classic. Queen. Whew. Lemme start from the top again.
:stressed:

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Lee on August 03, 2020, 01:41:29 AM
I love how the album cover just screams classic. Queen. Whew. Lemme start from the top again.
:stressed:
Play that thang baby and let is lash you back to back and back some more. Celebrate with the Queen while you twirl in your living room in an ole nasty Vera Wang gown and pointed kitten heel and don't let the Hyenas in this thread touch ur drapes!
:blessed:

Heated🔥

Bigmacthawoppa

Sssssss good point, I'm putting too much energy into this mess.  :dead:

BORderline

Quote from: Babyface on August 03, 2020, 02:08:24 AM
These paragraphs.
:nowgorl:

HDHDHDHDHD je
I'm kinda screaming

Relax y'all.
😂😂😂😂

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 03, 2020, 02:09:33 AM
Sssssss good point, I'm putting too much energy into this mess.  :dead:
*too much negative energy.
Go run along now and off the board like the rest of these gworls who I've had to put in their place and no longer show their faces.

I'M ON DA BORED da line.

CREAM.

hewritez

"In. the. whole wide woooorld" at 2:45 always gets me.
the emotion behind it

Heated🔥

I'll goooooooo crazzzzzzzzy!!!!

when she says that while yanking that yaki hair.

:gorlonfire:

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Babyface on August 03, 2020, 02:41:34 AM

Yessss Yaki
:omf:
It was giving an ole nasty Yaki Kinky straight

Heated🔥

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 03, 2020, 03:03:59 AM
Quote from: Babyface on August 03, 2020, 02:41:34 AM

Yessss Yaki
:omf:
It was giving an ole nasty Yaki Kinky straight
yup thats exactly what it is.
:lopsided:

Annie

August 03, 2020, 04:40:19 AM #2369 Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:52:24 AM by Annie
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 03, 2020, 01:02:16 AM
Quote from: Annie on August 02, 2020, 08:58:01 PM
I don't really care for the rest. Maybe I will play BM every now and then. That song surprisingly grew on me. The interludes seem like fillers to create more tracks after our complaints. We just needed her clear vocals and it would have been so much better.

I thought I would like I am more & high heels better but after a couple of days I changed my mind. I am more is just bit too Hannah Montana pop (I miss instruments, would have been cute for Human era) and high heels also sounds a bit dated (nice song for Sy'rai, love her voice, needed neptunes). The rap is cringeworthy. I'm sure there are a lot of people who love it but yeahh..maybe not edgy or authentic enough after big statements like Borderline & Say something?

Love again is one of the few songs with great quality, production and instruments. This song should have been earlier on the tracklist. Too slow for the end of the record...it is drowning and deserves more attention.

I forced myself to sit through Bye Bipolar..wow so difficult to digest. Human vibes but I'd rather hear the song Human. BB is so long and draining..cringe cringe. How many times repeat cried and cried, lied and lied. No thank you.
Whewww girl ur energy is just negative, you aren't even in the place to receive this music. Borderline isn't long enough for me, them 5 minutes go by so fast b/c I'm so mesmerized by the lyrics, the approach, the stacking and harmonies smh. Did you really listen to Bye Bipolar, its one of Bran's best vocals and truest songs and it isn't repetitive.
:ohwow:

I just told you half of the songs grew on me  :dead: Bran's vocals are amazing
Am not the only one who thinks part 2 of the album is difficult to get into

I've been overdosing on old albums were all the amazing vocals and runs didn't blend into eachother so much and there was a buildup or something in production/beat to keep me curious. I miss that precision. I only want the best for Bran when it comes to the people she works with.

/.\