Whoops. Don Lemon naming NAMES now

Started by b7, May 31, 2020, 01:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzy

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on May 31, 2020, 02:01:30 AM
Quote from: RIGs on May 31, 2020, 01:59:37 AM
And Don wasn't calling on these celebs to fix everything. That's not how interpreted it, i should say

I didn't get that from it either. And even if he was, he's right.

yummy

May 31, 2020, 02:04:04 AM #16 Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:05:57 AM by animmai.
Quote from: RIGs on May 31, 2020, 01:52:25 AM
Quote from: animmai. on May 31, 2020, 01:50:31 AM
Maybe we should be directing our attention to congress and applying pressure to the local politicians and lawmakers who actually have power to redesign the current police model

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/politics/congress-hearings-racial-violence-police-force.html

:udontlookok:
Im here for it. we can do it ALL tbh

Yea, but we need a more organized approach to this whole thing. I get wanting celebs to use their influence, but they don't have the sole power to get federal laws changed. That falls on the people and the local politicians their putting in office and it's gonna take money and PERSISTENT hounding to make any difference. That's why those NRA nuts have so much power over Congress and their refusal to make stricter gun control a thing.

And how many more times are we gonna do the same thing? A video goes viral, folks hashtag and march, the cop(s) walks away unscathed and we sit idly by until the next innocent person loses their life. This shit is getting repetitive and we ain't even that old.  :dead:

yummy

And Ima lose it if I scroll past another nigga talking about "LeTS PrAy"

You been praying for four hundred plus years and have only spent a fraction of that time not living on somebody's plantation. Don't you think it's time for something else? :uhh:

Rxxf

I agree with Don and Yummy's sentiment. 
It has to be dismantled and reconstructed from the inside out. 
BRANDY

Navyman

Maybe we should be directing our attention to congress and applying pressure to the local politicians and lawmakers who actually have power to redesign the current police model

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/politics/congress-hearings-racial-violence-police-force.html

Akamsmskks

Like!! Celebrities don't have the power yall think they do. A lil influence yeah, but they can't move and shake shit on the levels that matter.

JCJ 🪐

I'm afraid that all of this will be in vain  yet again.  :dead: The energy feels a lil different now but idk.

We get too complacent and distracted because this stuff obviously isn't in our faces everyday.

I'm not sure what it will take to radicalize people to act for consistent periods of time, especially for less acute/overt racial problems.  -_-
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

CHOKE

May 31, 2020, 02:31:04 AM #21 Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:31:30 AM by I💖BBC
Ugh wan suck that black ass dick so bad after this

b7

Quote from: animmai. on May 31, 2020, 02:04:04 AM
Quote from: RIGs on May 31, 2020, 01:52:25 AM

Im here for it. we can do it ALL tbh

Yea, but we need a more organized approach to this whole thing. I get wanting celebs to use their influence, but they don't have the sole power to get federal laws changed. That falls on the people and the local politicians their putting in office and it's gonna take money and PERSISTENT hounding to make any difference. That's why those NRA nuts have so much power over Congress and their refusal to make stricter gun control a thing.

And how many more times are we gonna do the same thing? A video goes viral, folks hashtag and march, the cop(s) walks away unscathed and we sit idly by until the next innocent person loses their life. This shit is getting repetitive and we ain't even that old.  :dead:
This is true too. 1 million percent

GLOCK

Whew. 

I love this.
this isn't something I'd be offended by if I was them
i would be inspired more than anything 
let's come together .. and pressure congressmen to Speak out and fully implement change 

we need a coalition 

Gilgamesh.

I do think Diddy is doing something behind the scenes, he's probably tryna align it with REVOLT's content. He's usually pretty vocal at times like this. 

Navyman

Tracee has also. I'm confused about her being called out.

b7

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 31, 2020, 02:44:50 AM
Whew.

I love this.
this isn't something I'd be offended by if I was them
i would be inspired more than anything
let's come together .. and pressure congressmen to Speak out and fully implement change

we need a coalition
!!!!!!!! He was diplomatic with it a bit sddd just enough

🦚

Quote from: Navyman on May 31, 2020, 02:25:38 AM

Akamsmskks

Like!! Celebrities don't have the power yall think they do. A lil influence yeah, but they can't move and shake shit on the levels that matter.

Yes they can and kim k is an example of someone that proved it.

No they can't overrule the institution, but they can def spread the word and echo the sentiment to billions across the globe.

Oprah is quick to do a mj this a russel that. But where is she now.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Cartierline

n

What the fuck are some dumb ass celebrities gonna do? A joke.