Judge: "Auntie Maxine's comments could overturn the WHOLE Chauvin trial"

Started by finish ha., April 19, 2021, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finish ha.

:thatssowendy:

Long story short: Auntie Maxine made comments saying Blacks should get more "confrontational" if Chauvin is not found guilty

Chauvin's lawyer is now pushing for a MISTRIAL, and although the judge is not going there with him, the judge is now admitting that Auntie's comments can really harm the entire trial.

Judge in Derek Chauvin trial says Maxine Waters' comments could lead to whole case 'being overturned'

The lawyer for ex-cop Derek Chauvin on Monday urged the judge to declare a mistrial over inflammatory comments made by Rep. Maxine Waters — and even the judge agreed the congresswoman's remarks could "result in this whole trial being overturned."

Defense attorney Eric Nelson told Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill that "an elected official, US Congressperson" made statements that "I think are reasonably interpreted to be threats against the sanctity of the jury process" and had the effect of "threatening and intimidating the jury."

Cahill denied the motion but told Nelson, "I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned."

The exchange came as the judge turned the case over to the jury, which began deliberating on murder and manslaughter charges in George Floyd's May 25 death.

Waters has drawn criticism for telling protesters demonstrating last week's fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright in neighboring Brooklyn Center should "stay in the streets" — and "get more confrontational" if Chauvin is not found guilty.

"We've got to stay in the streets, and we've got to demand justice," Waters, of California, told a crowd of demonstrators in Brooklyn Center on Sunday.

"We're looking for a guilty verdict," she said of the Chauvin case. "And if we don't, we cannot go away, we've got to get more confrontational."

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/judge-in-chauvin-trial-says-waters-comments-could-lead-to-appeal/
Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

Bentley. HARRIS!

THIS is what I've been waiting for ... bring it tf on.

show us your true colors America

Cowgirl

finish ha.

if they use this mess to get him off the hook in some way

and PUSH the blame on Auntie

i do kinda wish she used different language because "confrontational" is def a strong word
and she was kinda just saying what we all KNEW would happen if they came back with a not guilty mess....
it was almost no need for her to say it.

but at the same time "confrontational" can mean many things
it can be taken as a passive way of "We gonna fuck shit UP" (which i think is her real intention tbh) sdsnddnssdn

BUT one could effectively argue that she simply meant confronting the issue police brutality head-on.

so it doesn't even matter cuz with the language she used, it'd be like standing in front of a painting tryna argue about which interpretation is right.
she chose her words carefully for a reason.

Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

Bentley. HARRIS!

what's wrong with the word confrontational tho  :dead:

no more internet protest and peaceful riots for us... they don't work

it's looting and cracking heads from now on

finish ha.

Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on April 19, 2021, 06:38:35 PM

i just hate they have SOMETHING to use

some sort of MESS to toss in to DISTRACT everyone

his lawyer is definitely reaching but it's not far fetched to conclude she was referring to or encouraging more rioting

thats the problem with the word "confrontational" here

she just said what we all KNEW. kwee shoulda kept it to herself. we all KNOW this already.
we all know shit aint gon be pretty if they come back with some not guilty mess.

she's a government official, not some random youtuber.

Freemala Harris

Very convenient to once again allow the whites to get away with this AND place the blame on an eldery black woman

These gorls are insidious 

But i'm never shocked by their tactics. Evil always finds a way to dig even deeper into the ground 

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 19, 2021, 06:43:09 PM
Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on April 19, 2021, 06:38:35 PM

i just hate they have SOMETHING to use

some sort of MESS to toss in to DISTRACT everyone

his lawyer is definitely reaching but it's not far fetched to conclude she was referring to or encouraging more rioting

thats the problem with the word "confrontational" here

she just said what we all KNEW. kwee shoulda kept it to herself. we all KNOW this already.
we all know shit aint gon be pretty if they come back with some not guilty mess.

she's a government official, not some random youtuber.

That's the issue and they are most def gonna try to use it. They are trying to over turn it but if the jury is sequestered it really shouldn't be an issue !