Brandy confirmed that she wants to do a country and Xmas album

Started by SouravMay, May 04, 2020, 02:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika

Quote from: Lee on May 04, 2020, 02:58:55 PM
That interviewer irked my SOUL. She kept asking questions about acting, then had the nerve to ask if Brandy would ever do Broadway. I hate when people don't do their research.
:blink:....what did Bran say?
Yahudah

Le Champ

Quote from: Monika on May 04, 2020, 06:20:35 PM
That interviewer irked my SOUL. She kept asking questions about acting, then had the nerve to ask if Brandy would ever do Broadway. I hate when people don't do their research.

"I already did Broadway."
:everythingok:

Monika

Quote from: 1RIG on May 04, 2020, 06:00:28 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on May 04, 2020, 05:43:24 PM

:ack:
Brandy would SLAY!!! And she'd respect the genre. Trust.

I don't really care about a Christmas album but any time i can get more Brandy, i won't complain
Brandy kills country! Omg! I want her to do more!
Yahudah

b7

Quote from: BigDawg on May 04, 2020, 06:14:47 PM
Queen has dipped her toe in a cowgirl boot or two

Yup

Lowkey. Plenty of times sddd even the opening verse of "Torn down" is country-esque

b7

Quote from: Lee on May 04, 2020, 06:21:16 PM
Quote from: Monika on May 04, 2020, 06:20:35 PM

"I already did Broadway."
:everythingok:
:plzstop: :plzstop:

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: 1RIG on May 04, 2020, 07:22:31 PM

Yup

Lowkey. Plenty of times sddd even the opening verse of "Torn down" is country-esque

omg, I've never heard this version of "Beginning together", it's such a vibe!

BigDawg

Yup

!!

Monika

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on May 04, 2020, 07:23:47 PM

Yup

omg, I've never heard this version of "Beginning together", it's such a vibe!
never heard this before! She sounds beautiful. This beat though!  :blink:
Yahudah

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

May 05, 2020, 11:39:07 AM #23 Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:44:36 AM by demetriusrocka
 I been waiting on the country album since almost doesn't count tbh. It always felt a slight country to me. Goes to look at this mess.  I personally like when she's ask acting questions because she needs more roles. I need a few more actual movie roles though. It's been so many roles I could have seen her kill in the last decade it's crazy. That definitely needs to be a focus for her team to do after she's raised her profile a bit with a few hits and a tour to snatch about five movies.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Mel.

Amazing

Quote from: 1RIG on May 04, 2020, 06:00:28 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on May 04, 2020, 05:43:24 PM

:ack:
Brandy would SLAY!!! And she'd respect the genre. Trust.

I don't really care about a Christmas album but any time i can get more Brandy, i won't complain

The title track and True definitely gave country.

long-timeTheRoofFan

Brandy has wanted to do a Country album since 1999. She did Diva's Live with Faith Evans and I remember her saying then that she wished she had recorded Faiths song "This Kiss" or whatever the song was..

I think Brandy, coming from where she comes from.. could deliver a Country Soul album that would knock peoples socks off.

Beggin & Pleadin and Freedom Rings are both songs that fit this style but she could go so much further with it.

I'm also very much here for a Christmas album. LONG overdue. This Christmas would be great. <3

Luxury

Quote from: long-timeBfan on May 06, 2020, 09:53:33 AM
Brandy has wanted to do a Country album since 1999. She did Diva's Live with Faith Evans

I'm also very much here for a Christmas album. LONG overdue. This Christmas would be great. <3

*Faith Hill

And yes that Christmas album is very much overdue.  Could yall imagine a choir full of Brandys on some of those Christmas standards!?!?

LORD!  :loose2when: