Brandy performed Jet Black with Anderson Paak at Coachella weekend 2!

Started by valeolion, April 20, 2019, 12:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valeolion

Brandy, Jay Rock Help Anderson .Paak Light Up Coachella Weekend Two
Erin Nyren
April 19, 2019 8:57PM PDT

Anderson .Paak performs at the Coachella Music & Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club, in Indio, Calif2019 Coachella Music And Arts Festival - Weekend 2 - Day 1, Indio, USA - 19 Apr 2019
Amy Harris/Invision/AP/REX/Shutt
Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals took the Coachella stage at the second weekend of the storied fest as the sun descended, but the musician's fiery set was more than enough to light up the audience.

The performance, which featured pyrotechnics including fireworks and flames alongside the rapper's slinky stage moves, was relatively heavy on material from his recently released "Ventura," which provided one of the main highlights — legendary R&B vocalist Brandy's Coachella debut.

Brandy appears on the track "Jet Black" off "Ventura," and the audience went wild as Paak welcomed her to the stage, happily obliging the pair's requests to get their hands up. The singer was in top form, sporting long braids and letting her melodic voice do the work.

Clad in the second of two eye-catching outfits, Paak performed his Grammy-winning track, "Bubblin,'" referring to it in his intro as the song that won him his Grammy. When he finished, he explained that he wasn't the only one who had won a Grammy, and as Kendrick Lamar's vocals instructing listeners to "miss me with that bulls—" at the beginning of "King's Dead" kicked in, Rock, sporting a red Givenchy t-shirt, appeared to the mounting excitement of the crowd.

'Black Panther': How Comic Books Informed the Costumes of Wakanda
The pair broke into the "Black Panther" track, which also won the Grammy for best rap performance alongside "Bubblin'."

Paak also shouted out recently slain rapper Nipsey Hussle twice during his set, asking the crowd to yell, "We love Nipsey" toward the beginning, which they called back with enthusiasm.

He paid tribute to Mac Miller, as he did the weekend previous, closing out the set with a cover of Miller's "Dang!," which features the lyrics "I just can't keep losing you." As the music faded and Paak bowed goodnight, an image of the two rappers appeared on the large scren behind the band.

© 2019 PMC. All rights reserved.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/anderson-paak-brandy-jay-rock-coachella-weekend-two-1203193880/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Niko

Was JUST about to post this. I need to see footage like right now!!! This is BIG!!!

Ma Lo

b7

b7

STAN, Anderson. He made sure she brought her ass out there 

yearofbrandy

This is what I'm talking about! Do a feature and actually perform it! This might be a single for sure. A good look! I can't wait to see it! 

b7

b7

GLOCK

Quote from: 1RIG on April 20, 2019, 01:22:14 AM
Quote from: Glock on April 20, 2019, 01:14:03 AM
The girls at variety says the crowd lost it a tad
wow
Steal it and kill it QUEEN
https://variety.com/2019/music/news/anderson-paak-brandy-jay-rock-coachella-weekend-two-1203193880/
Biiiiiiitch-a!  That's kind of a big deal. Remind the girls a bit Queen
:gorlonfire:

I'm really upset that they didn't post a vidya
I'm gassed to see what queen gave :gorlonfire: