Omg have we ever discussed this Brandy/Aaliyah mashup?

Started by b7, May 04, 2020, 04:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

b7

Two of the best producers and two of the best artists.

Wooooooo the influence this has. The international implications

They're just ...  better than. Superior, even. 

:sup:

b7

There are some messy parts here that i didn't use but omfff some parts HIT just right for me

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Didn't Lonz do this?
This slays! :flamebroiled: The first part of the ending is a bit messy tho.

The beat of Anybody has somewhat of a confusing arrangement. During the first minute I can't make out where the beat starts, if that makes sense. Same goes with Shout by TLC. It's like your brain tries to find the rhythmical structure but every early kick or snare messes everything up. :kii:

b7

Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on May 04, 2020, 04:30:32 AM
Didn't Lonz do this?
This slays! :flamebroiled: The first part of the ending is a bit messy tho.

The beat of Anybody has somewhat of a confusing arrangement. During the first minute I can't make out where the beat starts, if that makes sense. Same goes with Shout by TLC. It's like your brain tries to find the rhythmical structure but every early kick or snare messes everything up. :kii:
i completely get what you mean omg Djjdjfjfjfj

Lonz was the first one to put these together after a phone conversation we had years ago djjdjfj i was like wait, doesnt this part sound like ...  and we LOST it :kii:

He slayed. This Amorphus guy is a Li stan as well

CREAM.

I usually love his mixes but this one doesn't really mesh well for me 

Cartierline

Quote from: CREAM. on May 04, 2020, 06:36:56 AM
I usually love his mixes but this one doesn't really mesh well for me
Yeah there's lil pockets where it sounds good but as a whole, it's a bit messy.

b7

!!!!! I'm surprised it wasn't as clean as I'm used to 

i feel like he definitely saw Lonz' post or SOMETHING though 🤨 i'on think he thought of this on his own ssss 

reekz

I get the vision he had but don't see a lot of effect put into it. Go back and re-do it cause this could be a classic mash up.

Aalumeci.

Rigggg djdjdj I did lay these on top of each other back in the day :plzstop: but I didn't actually try to structure it. I just let the songs do what they did because I was so taken by how good and dark they sounded together. Amorph' is amaze and I wouldn't be surprised if it was his own thought, his ear>>>> !!!

reekz