Things you wish you'd had done differently?

Started by Kurama, July 26, 2016, 01:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real

Quote from: Scott. on July 26, 2016, 02:15:02 PM
And I also regret not having a voice growing up. Me not having a voice and allowing people to bully me

I never would think this

D.I.E.G.O.

I wish I made more lasting friendships when I was in undergrad, outside of my frat brothers. I'm only in contact with a few of my friends from back then. Some are doing some amazing things, but I've fallen out of contact with so many.

1stsecuritybank

Quote from: Scott. on July 26, 2016, 02:13:37 PM
I regret dropping out of college. I only had about 2/3 semesters to go. SMH. Just wasn't focused.

This is my prob too. We both can go back never too late

Scott.

July 26, 2016, 02:31:21 PM #33 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:32:54 PM by Scott.
Quote from: Don Draper on July 26, 2016, 02:21:07 PM
And I also regret not having a voice growing up. Me not having a voice and allowing people to bully me

I never would think this

Most people wouldn't, but as a child I was bullied. I was taunted everyday and I went to school in fear all the time. So when you see me on here and Vonc, Afro or anyone of them could just be joking with me and I go off at the drop of a dime, is because as a child nobody was joking with me. They were being malicious. So once I started speaking up for myself becoming who I am now, I became more defensive. Any trigger makes me go off.  I've been outspoken and defensive since I was about 16, which I starting standing up for myself, but that can be my downfall because people think I'm always angry.

Young

Quote from: Scott. on July 26, 2016, 02:31:21 PM

I never would think this

Most people wouldn't, but as a child I was bullied. I was taunted everyday and I went to school in fear all the time. So when you see me on here and Vonc, Afro or anyone of them could just be joking with me and I go off at the drop of a dime, is because as a child nobody was joking with me. They were being malicious. So once I started speaking up for myself becoming who I am now, I became more defensive. Any trigger makes me go off.  I've been outspoken and defensive since I was about 16, which I starting standing up for myself, but that can be my downfall because people think I'm always angry.

Makes so much sense babe omg :stressed:

Don't be defensive tho babe; those were just kids being kids  :stressed:

Scott.

Quote from: Young on July 26, 2016, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: Scott. on July 26, 2016, 02:31:21 PM

I never would think this

Makes so much sense babe omg :stressed:

Don't be defensive tho babe; those were just kids being kids  :stressed:

It's a struggle.

Opposites Attract.

Honestly, there are a lot of things I've done that I wish I could do differently but every mistake I've made has made me a better person.

On another note, I really wish I didn't say some of the mean and nasty things I've said on here in the past. I truly believe that what you put out in the universe comes back onto you. It may not happen immediately but it will eventually. This may be an online community but we are still real individuals behind these keyboards.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Kurama

Quote from: Scott. on July 26, 2016, 02:18:39 PM
Quote from: Nice Stereo. on July 26, 2016, 02:16:04 PM
scott bby you should go back if you can!

Lack of confidence keeps me from doing it.  :stressed:

Get ur ass in that damn school boi!!!

Glenda

Quote from: Kurama on July 26, 2016, 02:56:06 PM

Get ur ass in that damn school boi!!!

xvcxxxx

yea, Scott, I support this 'cision

Kurama

So, I have a few biases (as everyone does). One of my involves real friendship with hetero Black men. While growing up, most of the black men around me acted as if they hated gays. When I was younger this caused issues for me for obvi' reasons up until the time I began to fight back and change how I behaved. Once I started emulating the dudes in my neighborhood, I developed friendship with a lot of them.

Then I stopped fighting my urges and started messing with dudes towards the end of high school. I was frightened cuz I figured that once my friends found out they wouldn't want to be my friend anymore. So once I really started to embrace my rainbow nature and started losing friends I developed this bias about Black gay men and Black straight men. Never believing that real friendship could develop because of how we were conditioned and how much they'd hate me or think I'd try some shit with them.

This shit followed me up into GRADUATE school. I was one of the few only black men in the entire school and I met another Blk man (cool af, handsome, smart, liked to turn up)during orientation but he was straight. We exchanged numbers and were cool and hung out for a few weeks in the first semester. He could have really been a good friend. Then I really started to embrace and figure out who I was so I pushed him away.I figured he wouldnt accept me and we couldnt coexist. I regret the fuck out of that. Especially seeing how hard it is out here in our field. I really wish I would have given things a chance and just expressed how I felt.

I guess I mentioned this because recently I went back to my hometown and linked with a lot of my friends from high school. I came out "officially" to my straight homeboi's and they were kinda like "yeah nigga we been knew :uhh: you still my nigga". I would have never imagined they'd respond like that.

:plzstop:

Then seeing this accepting and open-minded posts from REAL's mangy ass. Idk. Just made me wish I wasn't so biased about friendship between Blk straight and gay men.

LOONA.

Rxxf

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 26, 2016, 02:04:54 PM
Kinda wish I had finished University, it would be have made my career progression so much easier. But i'm in a really good job now so I guess it was in God's plan for my life.

You can still finish eventually.
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

Kurama

Quote from: Margeaux. on July 26, 2016, 02:48:15 PM

On another note, I really wish I didn't say some of the mean and nasty things I've said on here in the past. I truly believe that what you put out in the universe comes back onto you. It may not happen immediately but it will eventually. This may be an online community but we are still real individuals behind these keyboards.

:wub: :wub:

Rxxf

My Scottland, you can do anything you set your mind to.
Reconnect with your spirit and your belief, then go from there.
Love you.
BRANDY