Trans Netflix employees prepare to walk out in protest of Dave Chapelle special

Started by ….ok., October 13, 2021, 07:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

….ok.

Trans Netflix employees will stage walkout to protest controversial Chappelle special

Transgender Netflix employees and co-workers will stage a walkout next week protesting the streaming giant's decision to release Dave Chappelle's latest comedy special, multiple Netflix staffers have confirmed to the Los Angeles Times.

On Oct. 20, members of the Netflix employee resource group Trans* and their allies will take a "day of rest" prompted by their concerns about Chappelle's "The Closer," which includes several transphobic remarks.

"I encourage all [members of] Trans* and allies not to work for Netflix that day. ... As we've discussed through Slack, email, texts and everything in between, our leadership has shown us that they do not uphold the values for which we are held," a Netflix employee posted Monday in a public, company Slack channel comprising more than 800 staffers representing "gender minorities of all sorts and their allies," in a message reviewed by The Times.

"Between the numerous emails and non-answers that have been given, we have been told explicitly that we somehow cannot understand the nuance of certain content. I don't know about you, but asking for us to show the whole story and not just the pieces that harm trans and [LGBTQ+] people is not an unreasonable ask," the employee's Slack statement continued.

More @ https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2021-10-13/netflix-dave-chappelle-special-transgender-employee-walkout

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

'ology

Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Ma Lo

Cowgirl

Don't trans always complain about how they can't find a job outside of sex work? The nerve. :uhh:

Ulysses

These damn trannies