Lil Kim Says She Passed The Torch To Cardi B, "She Has The Crown Now"

Started by Navyman, October 09, 2019, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalumeci.

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 09, 2019, 01:46:14 AM
Yeah Nickles rap legacy is kinda the pits. IMO she has no classics and after 10+ years we would kinda start to see what they are. Starships and Moment for life isn't enough to build a rap legacy on and her only iconic verse is on Monster.

Her image is far too intertwined with Kim's to even see her as a fashion icon. If you dressing up like Nicki then by default your  gonna look like Kim. Kim is the blueprint and no amount of sales or charts is going to change that. The whole female rap industry is still using her as a mood board.

shit

Aalumeci.

and her bodies of work suck.

beautiful features tho.

Navyman

I mean you have got too admit Kim is a groundbreaking, the most influential female rap artist. Don't care who comes along and out sale and more #1 etc... just like the last poster stated before Kim female rapper had an entire different style and sound that made them acceptable.

After kim everyone has been in the style of Kim, in the school of Lil Kim. Frmale rap can literally be broken down to two periods, before Kim and after Kim.

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Naomi Hit Me

Quote from: Tonkaman on October 09, 2019, 01:54:50 AM
I mean you have got too admit Kim is a groundbreaking, the most influential female rap artist. Don't care who comes along and out sale and more #1 etc... just like the last poster stated before Kim female rapper had an entire different style and sound that made them acceptable.

After kim everyone has been in the style of Kim, in the school of Lil Kim. Frmale rap can literally be broken down to two periods, before Kim and after Kim.
ugh

D.I.E.G.O.

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Scott.

Yeah Nickles rap legacy is kinda the pits. IMO she has no classics and after 10+ years we would kinda start to see what they are. Starships and Moment for life isn't enough to build a rap legacy on and her only iconic verse is on Monster.

Her image is far too intertwined with Kim's to even see her as a fashion icon. If you dressing up like Nicki then by default your  gonna look like Kim. Kim is the blueprint and no amount of sales or charts is going to change that. The whole female rap industry is still using her as a mood board.

Best post in here

Naomi Hit Me

Quote from: Scott. on October 09, 2019, 08:45:43 AM

Best post in here

fedswatchin

I'll say it

Nicki

Oh who am I kidding, I'm sure she was already brought up on page 1

RAY7

Kim the torch went out from sitting there over 10 yrs with no music to keep it lit
really cool to know your thoughts or whatever 

fedswatchin

Kim couldn't bring female rap back, Nicki did that

Sure, Nicki used some of her image, but Nicki is like way prettier so Nicki >>>>>>>
Furthermore, Nicki has plenty all rap songs that rock the hood. Y'all NEGROS try and discount her talent because she does pop music and that's kinda dumb... cause she was still rapping on those pop songs. Like :dead: And the verses are iconic, quotable and multi-platinum. Still.

She's the Queen of Rap and your ugly flops from the 90s ain't doin it

reekz

I never hear Nicki music on the radio if it's not current. I'm not sure what song would be a classic tbh. Maybe Bedrock