I wonder what direction Brandy's gonna take musically

Started by MAY, September 12, 2016, 01:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: BigDawg on September 12, 2016, 02:32:23 PM
I would love for her to work with Victoria Monet James F and Ty Dolla to name a few.

Wait...I'd love a Ty Dolla $ign joint!!!

Wtv

Im all for new people. the newer, the better
create stars Bran

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: Scott LeBeau on September 12, 2016, 02:45:33 PM
create stars Bran

Do you still think a single is coming in October?

jtwoeleven

I know she's going through a lot, but I hope some songs reflect her finding some silver lining in her struggle. I like "dark" Brandy, but not all the time...the album should be balanced thematically like full moon imo...so hopefully there's some positive songs to contrast the other vibes.

Lazarus

September 12, 2016, 03:02:56 PM #19 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:03:25 PM by Lazarus
I'd love to see her do more on the writing tip tbh

Wtv

Quote from: GoDiegoGo on September 12, 2016, 02:46:27 PM
create stars Bran

October-ish, November-ish.

more than likely Nov

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: Scott LeBeau on September 12, 2016, 03:07:25 PM
create stars Bran

more than likely Nov

I am curious how far along she is in the recording process, especially after Vaughn mentioned that she told him the name of the album.

RAY7

I'll take whatever she does at this point
she can sing nursery rhymes for all I care

yearofbrandy

September 12, 2016, 03:39:16 PM #23 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:41:47 PM by yearofbrandy
So guess an album by the end of 2017.....pretty sure the direction can change bout 3 or 4 times.....smh.....bout over Brandy. The monica shit and music being waway overdue.....just over it

Wtv

Quote from: GoDiegoGo on September 12, 2016, 03:08:36 PM
Quote from: Scott LeBeau on September 12, 2016, 03:07:25 PM
create stars Bran

more than likely Nov

I am curious how far along she is in the recording process, especially after Vaughn mentioned that she told him the name of the album.

good question/point. Thats in part why I think a single could be close. If you already have a name for the album, you kind of have a good portion of it recorded already, or around 5 clear album tracks.  The album probably still has a lot of work to be done, half a year or so, but the overall concept/sound have to be there by now, I guess

KingOfHearts

I would love hear do something along the lines Casualties again one her best alternative songs.
:stressed:
My Queens!!

Harlem

At this point Brandy just BRING IT! Whatever it is just make sure it's FIRE that all this negativity that's on u right now gets overlooked! I mainly care more about the image, visuals and strategy of promoting the album... Think outside the box or see what's working right now so when it comes out the general public actually cares about her music and not just us fans

MAY

Quote from: yearofbrandy on September 12, 2016, 03:39:16 PM
So guess an album by the end of 2017.....pretty sure the direction can change bout 3 or 4 times.....smh.....bout over Brandy. The monica shit and music being waway overdue.....just over it

I know bby. I feel the same way, but let's try to keep things positive. :blush:

Wtv

lets remember guys...... Beggin & pleading came out of nowhere. none of us expected it, so.......... we can get a new song any day of the rest of the year. We just dont know what's on their plan, so.... lets just wait and have some fun with it.

if not, whats the point of the board if we cant have fun thinking about music?

wizzy

It's a toss up.
Her 'most personal albums to date' have turned out to be the most commercial.
Then Begging & Pleading drops  randomly and CLEARLY she didn't expect the reaction it received.

She needs to be in control of the material she releases and she never is. Hope that changes someday