Back on US Vogue after 20 years

Started by Dr Naomi Campbell, October 18, 2020, 10:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

Dr Naomi Campbell

October 19, 2020, 01:49:34 PM #16 Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:50:57 PM by Jayda X
& she invited her mentee's to take part in the shoot

Dr Naomi Campbell

QuoteCampbell has spoken, but today she does so with a greater intentionality. She seems aware, perhaps more than ever before, that she is a Black woman with unparalleled influence. "There were a few things that I would do when I was younger that I was told were bad for my race," Campbell says. "Now the things I do are not just for me anymore. I think more of my culture and my race, as opposed to thinking about just me."

At the same time, Campbell has long had a command of her own voice. Watch a video of her, age 25, shooting with Herb Ritts in Jamaica for Vogue, addressing a reputation for being "difficult": "Most women we admire—Madonna, Janet Jackson, Sharon Stone, Barbra Streisand, Oprah...when a woman stands her ground and wants to fight for something...a woman gets called a bitch for that. And when a guy does it, he's just a hardworking guy," says a luminescent young Campbell, clad in a plaid Anna Sui bikini and matching hat.

"I don't care if I get called a bitch or not. I'm trying to fight for my integrity, to do things right," Campbell continues. It was 1996.

and now Queen is UP there with them

Cowgirl

I know she's doing her talk show thing now but she needs to be an editor or something. What's next for her?

Dr Naomi Campbell

QuoteIn Britain, I suggest, Campbell is the first Black woman to gain anything like her level of prominence, and perhaps the British press hasn't yet learned how not to be racist toward Black models.

"They haven't learned how to be not-racist, period!" Campbell retorts.

Campbell's experience with the media on both sides of the Atlantic has shaped her perception of what she calls the "racism problems" that have erupted into global consciousness. Britain suffers more from denial, she says. "I'd rather have racism be right in front of my face and know what I'm dealing with, than to have it suppressed. No disrespect to the country I was born in, but we need to dig it up and bring it up and deal with it. No more chucking it down the sides."

Surely this is a bolder message than the one she has offered before?

"Nothing has changed," Campbell insists. "Only that I know that I will have the support of my culture now when I speak."

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: TinaSnow on October 19, 2020, 01:55:47 PM
I know she's doing her talk show thing now but she needs to be an editor or something. What's next for her?
!!! She's already a contributing Editor at UK Vogue, but I really see her taking over from Anna or even doing Vogue Africa or something

Cowgirl

Quote from: Jayda X on October 19, 2020, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: TinaSnow on October 19, 2020, 01:55:47 PM
!!! She's already a contributing Editor at UK Vogue, but I really see her taking over from Anna or even doing Vogue Africa or something
It's TIME!!

:gorlonfire:

Cowgirl

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Jayda X on October 18, 2020, 12:05:12 PM
Nah Anna was just being a cunt
Seems like they made up seeing she managed to interview her on her YT channel

dsvbbbb

They are both notorious bitches. I can just imagine them reading each other for filth over flutes of champagne & lines of coke.

Kalifornia.

I wish Queen would rock a bob or something. Kinda over the long bone straight mess.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Not lines of coke what you trying to say sis

Dr Naomi Campbell