DJ Camper is changing Bran

Started by BranNu, December 15, 2020, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: RAY7 on December 15, 2020, 11:21:06 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on December 15, 2020, 11:02:24 PM
One thing I will say about B7 - I expected more of a vocal lashing on the album. After 2/11, Brandy really started to be heralded as a vocal beast, more than ever before. I wasnt expecting Beggin N Pleadin gospel type vocals but I really was hoping she would really go for it. And I didnt get that. I dont think she took risks like she did on Full Moon or Human. I really just want for her to work with more than one producer. Camper did his thing on some of the songs like Rather Be, but I'm sure there are other producers waiting in line to give Brandy their best. And its a shame we didnt get to hear what could've been.
you don't think Bran took risks vocally on B7? All those high falsetto notes that she barely did on any other album? IDK what else y'all want her to do with the voice she has, she still did plenty of runs and some belting
s

oh Ray ....

guys ... vocalists are MORE than just runs and belting. It's alot of things, it's Jill's timbre, it's Erykah's attack of the notes, it's Fantasia's conviction, it's Monica's emotion
... sorry I missed this. hopefully ppl aren't in here spreading more myths.

and that's the problem, so many Brandy fans have a misconception of what a "sound" is or even what her "sound" is.

It's redundant to say Brandy's "sound" is fully based on runs because Jazzy and Kim and a few others can run right there with her  :plzstop:

Layering and Stacking, she's great at that! but that's vocal production babies

that's why on the first 4 alberms she was able to think more from the artists stanpoint.

Brandy has to remember, she's the artist! not the vocal producer. You can't SIT up in a studio punching, layering, stacking, and running ... and think you gonna have an ALBUM

no man ... where is the Focus? where is ADC? Where is WYTM?!!! where is the damn How I Feel?!! ... dammit where is the damn variety outside of this smoky, sleepy, layered, over-processed repetitive running mess

I mean is that all you gorls care about! some fckn running and layers?! like ... shit

Kaeli.

Bentley. HARRIS!

BIK is BROKE! check their accounts 😈
LBA is that girl, expanding even

GYNandTONIC

To attack Brandy as a vocalist is just stupid!

Borderline ALONE had the girls studying and dissecting for dear life. If your ears are over it...that's fine. But to continuously try to downplay her ability and influence (with her current work) is just stupid. Because the evidence is there and this particular album for Brandy has done more than her last few.

….ok.

Quote from: Kaeli. on December 16, 2020, 08:51:27 AM
Oh!

& the second half of B7 is fucking GARBAGE.
careful bvy cuz

don't get drowsy taken care of in here princess

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 16, 2020, 09:39:06 AM
To attack Brandy as a vocalist is just stupid!

Borderline ALONE had the girls studying and dissecting for dear life. If your ears are over it...that's fine. But to continuously try to downplay her ability and influence (with her current work) is just stupid. Because the evidence is there and this particular album for Brandy has done more than her last few.
Hey Gyn!

Who attacked her as a vocalist?
:damselindistress:

Amazing

I hate Camper's productions.

I hate almost everything he has done with Mary J Blige too. He makes her voice sound super weird and horrible in every song.

He is definitely the problem.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on December 16, 2020, 09:29:55 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on December 15, 2020, 11:21:06 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on December 15, 2020, 11:02:24 PM
One thing I will say about B7 - I expected more of a vocal lashing on the album. After 2/11, Brandy really started to be heralded as a vocal beast, more than ever before. I wasnt expecting Beggin N Pleadin gospel type vocals but I really was hoping she would really go for it. And I didnt get that. I dont think she took risks like she did on Full Moon or Human. I really just want for her to work with more than one producer. Camper did his thing on some of the songs like Rather Be, but I'm sure there are other producers waiting in line to give Brandy their best. And its a shame we didnt get to hear what could've been.
you don't think Bran took risks vocally on B7? All those high falsetto notes that she barely did on any other album? IDK what else y'all want her to do with the voice she has, she still did plenty of runs and some belting
s

oh Ray ....

guys ... vocalists are MORE than just runs and belting. It's alot of things, it's Jill's timbre, it's Erykah's attack of the notes, it's Fantasia's conviction, it's Monica's emotion
... sorry I missed this. hopefully ppl aren't in here spreading more myths.

and that's the problem, so many Brandy fans have a misconception of what a "sound" is or even what her "sound" is.

It's redundant to say Brandy's "sound" is fully based on runs because Jazzy and Kim and a few others can run right there with her  :plzstop:

Layering and Stacking, she's great at that! but that's vocal production babies

that's why on the first 4 alberms she was able to think more from the artists stanpoint.

Brandy has to remember, she's the artist! not the vocal producer. You can't SIT up in a studio punching, layering, stacking, and running ... and think you gonna have an ALBUM

no man ... where is the Focus? where is ADC? Where is WYTM?!!! where is the damn How I Feel?!! ... dammit where is the damn variety outside of this smoky, sleepy, layered, over-processed repetitive running mess

I mean is that all you gorls care about! some fckn running and layers?! like ... shit

!!!!!

I think that's it for me. This vocal filter and constant singing in a male key makes her voice unappealing on this record. Never thought I'd ever say that, but here we are.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: I'm on the Borderline on December 16, 2020, 09:44:46 AM

I hate almost everything he has done with Mary J Blige too. He makes her voice sound super weird and horrible in every song.

He's terrible. Cheap ass "horns" everywhere. That's his sound. Just a horn patch in every song  :dead:

Kaeli.

Quote from: king of hearts on December 16, 2020, 09:42:55 AM
Oh!

careful bvy cuz

QUEENzy actually put together a cohesive mess last year

Am hoping brans will do the same for her next alber

:wellheythere:

Kaeli.

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 09:57:08 AM
Quote from: I'm on the Borderline on December 16, 2020, 09:44:46 AM

He's terrible. Cheap ass "horns" everywhere. That's his sound. Just a horn patch in every song  :dead:
VVSBSBSHUSJEJEIEOKEIDO

Kaeli.

Also Mary can't sing anymore

not sure how much anybody can help her 

Amazing

Quote from: Kaeli. on December 16, 2020, 10:01:48 AM
Also Mary can't sing anymore

not sure how much anybody can help her

Other producers get her to hold back in the studio on them interesting notes. This definitely works better for her because the tone is still there. Like This works:

I bet Camper be telling her she is killing it in the booth.  :-/

….ok.

Quote from: Kaeli. on December 16, 2020, 10:00:54 AM
Quote from: king of hearts on December 16, 2020, 09:42:55 AM
Oh!

careful bvy cuz

QUEENzy actually put together a cohesive mess last year

well a bowel movement is cohesive too princess

1 plop 2 plops 3 plops 4

SouravMay

Quote from: brocka4life on December 16, 2020, 06:20:39 AM
Quote from: RIG 7 on December 15, 2020, 11:52:10 PM
And  :dead: @ Camper having the power to change Brandy.  Brandy never comes back the same and you can expect a completely different Album the next time

Brandy fans been acting so Brand new lately  :kii:

They've done this every era since AFRO. When AFRO dropped, they made a big deal about Rodney not being on the album. HUMAN came and they wanted Rodney dead because it didn't "sound like a Brandy album." 2/11 came and they wanted Rodney back.

She will never please everybody. B7 is a BRANDY album more than a lot of the others, especially 2/11 and HUMAN.

thank you.
B7