Say Something!!!!!

Started by TheletterJ, July 31, 2020, 09:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReVon

The way she doesn't adlib but that one time in the beginning of the song and it's still impacts!

I am so used to her and all of her signature adlibs throughout a song... This is really different for Brandy. What kind of Genius!?

:flamebroiled:

Desilu

Love the lyrics and message.

But it's the most traditional sounding song on the album.

Guess that will resonate with the people who can't get into the abstract and eerie songs. Def an EASY listen.

VirgoMind

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 01, 2020, 02:23:09 PM
Quote from: Annie on August 01, 2020, 12:48:58 PM
I love how she switches from attack mode to the sweet vocals on say something. Reminds me of tracks like Those were the days by Lili.
Yessss its the perfect fvck you but damn please give me hope that we can make this work tea that I needed

!!!!!

Moon

Say something sounds radio friendly 

it's easy listening 

Le Champ

Quote from: VirgoMind on August 02, 2020, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 01, 2020, 02:23:09 PM
Quote from: Annie on August 01, 2020, 12:48:58 PM
I love how she switches from attack mode to the sweet vocals on say something. Reminds me of tracks like Those were the days by Lili.
Yessss its the perfect fvck you but damn please give me hope that we can make this work tea that I needed

!!!!!

!!!
Queen is fed UP and hopeful
This damn storytelling :gorlonfire:

Thanx4Nothin

Say Something is my fave song on the album... it gives me Sam Smith vibes.

TriBeCa

She better make this a fucking single. This song is special.

Cartierline

My favourite song on the mess, I think

:stressed:

TriBeCa

August 02, 2020, 01:45:32 PM #53 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:46:05 PM by TriBeCa
Brandy should've started the album with this song.  :gorlonfire: Not sure why she chose to start with "Saving", but Say Something would've given B7 a stronger start. These things really affect peoples perception of an album. This song is a classic in the making.

BORderline

Quote from: TriBeCa on August 02, 2020, 01:45:32 PM
Brandy should've started the album with this song.  :gorlonfire: Not sure why she chose to start with "Saving", but Say Something would've given B7 a stronger start. These things really affect peoples perception of an album. This song is a classic in the making.

What?!
SAML is a perfect intro. Explaining why it took her so long to be back and setting the entire mood of the album.
NT is perfect where it is. It's like a big light in a dark tunnel. Like a little break after all those sad songs.

TriBeCa

Quote from: BORderline on August 02, 2020, 01:50:09 PM
Quote from: TriBeCa on August 02, 2020, 01:45:32 PM

What?!
SAML is a perfect intro. Explaining why it took her so long to be back and setting the entire mood of the album.
NT is perfect where it is. It's like a big light in a dark tunnel. Like a little break after all those sad songs.

The general public doesn't care about what she's explaining. They want a song to be hooked on and sing along to. SAML doesn't achieve that in my opinion. I like the song, but it's not a good opener for an album. 

BORderline

vlkjdmfjmldsjf

lemme start playing New Life then.