Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Micheal Watson on January 25, 2022, 07:55:19 PM
regardless
I didn't love the acting. Her character became very typical vanilla nice girl type

loved edgy/rapper Naomi better

ill admit it was interesting seeing her be edgy or the villain kinda.

RenRen986

Quote from: Micheal Watson on January 25, 2022, 07:41:02 PM
Quote from: Young on January 25, 2022, 06:43:56 PM
Quote from: RenRen986 on January 25, 2022, 06:38:09 PM
They're filming the last episode of the season today and Brandy took Queens and Naomi out of her bio  :-/

The official Queens ABC insta said "last day of filming season 1"
noticed that too

maybe they got word it didn't renew?
it's unusually she'd remove it so quickly

On the Queens IG page, it seemed like they knew it probably wouldn't be renewed with the way the girls were saying goodbye and summarizing their experiences. One of the things on their side is ABC hasn't ordered a lot of pilots because of covid related issues and they had a drama premiere last night that had similar ratings to the premiere ratings for Queens. So there's still a slight chance for renewal.

Sovereign.

On the Queens IG story, Zahir said that the season finale leaves room for a season 2 so there's potential the network might renew for a second season. I'm just hopeful that they can get an earlier slot and a target audience that will keep them on air. 

Bish

Quote from: Micheal Watson on January 25, 2022, 07:55:19 PM
regardless
I didn't love the acting. Her character became very typical vanilla nice girl type

loved edgy/rapper Naomi better
They didn't know how to write her character. She went from being tough and edgy to Mother Earth and granola-like. Tbh I liked her character the least.

The show had to pivot because of Eve's pregnancy and it had the time slot working against it. I hope it gets another season to find its footing because I like the new direction they went with the plot.

God forbid she goes into a depressive state if it is cancelled. That's just life of a working actor so hopefully she doesn't take it hard. She always gets another opportunity so she'll be fine. It's nice to how happy she is when she's working.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Sovereign. on January 25, 2022, 09:16:39 PM
On the Queens IG story, Zahir said that the season finale leaves room for a season 2 so there's potential the network might renew for a second season. I'm just hopeful that they can get an earlier slot and a target audience that will keep them on air.

the good thing in todays world is IF it gets cancelled they can shop to other networks or streaming services to pick it up.

BrandonBranlee

I've been saying all along this is a very expensive show for the ratings it was getting. It's got some things going for it but I'm not expecting it gets renewed. I'm about to turn it on now tho 

BrandonBranlee

Harlem

Queens would work better on a streaming app like STARZ or something... honestly I can see 50 doing it the justice it was supposed to be done

Sovereign.

Brandy's acting was great. I'm just hopeful more television opportunities arise for her. I know it was her dream for her to be able to be on television and performing music and getting to explore both talents but I'm not sure musical dramas work. I'd rather her be a part of television series that is more so  story driven. I'm happy she's got to experience her dream on network television. I'm hopeful for more tv and film opportunities for her.

Rxxf

The show airs too damn late, low key. And on a Tuesday.
:dead:
BRANDY

Harlem

I was just talking to a friend about this yesterday but Brandy lowkey shined on Star as Cassie... she def needs to do more villain/mean chick type roles, they kinda suit her 😅...

Rxxf

I think Queens would work as a show with more GRIT.
BRANDY

how u let him cheat

Quote from: Rxxf on January 25, 2022, 10:34:15 PM
I think Queens would work as a show with more COMEDY.

yes. if they had actually committed to the comedic parody style, this would have been EPIC
then take him back? must be yo only nigga.