Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

long-timeTheRoofFan

RAY7

you dont have to be a hater to not like how Bran sounds at times

b7

b7

b7

Quote from: Troye on September 28, 2021, 09:40:19 AM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on September 27, 2021, 11:09:37 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on September 27, 2021, 10:35:37 PM
Bran can rap. I feel like her natural style of rapping is kinda in the conscious rap realm like Common, Lauryn etc pretty much poetry
being honest the flow in that cypher they keep showing in the trailers is sounding corny though so I'm glad there's some real MCs on set that hopefully can get her to be a real "Xplicit" sounding rapper. Between Eve, Cam and now Jada and even Swizz I'm confident
!!! it does but the jury is still out cuz they also edited a lot out of her rap. That big ass jump cut snndndn Remember her name is Xplicit snndnd i think they can't show certain shit in the previews

I don't like that part either tho

i wonder how explicit it is cause one of eves parts is in the preview if you listen you can hear her say. " hey nani nani my punani dripped in gold

or something to that effect.. but side note i do hope that there is a dirty versions of the songs they do
!!!!!!!

They definitely wanna GAG us

:plzstop:

b7

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on September 28, 2021, 11:52:25 AM
Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 28, 2021, 10:16:07 AM
I need the songs to be released the same night the show airs each week too.

If we get tons of new music without actually getting it I'm gonna be pissed

:usuresis:
That's usually how it works with these tv musicals. You would be able to stream.

b7

Quote from: RAY7 on September 28, 2021, 03:55:44 PM
this is a good example of Bran rapping

SLAYED

Sang her ass off on this too if u pay attention. The way she'd been preparing for this role lowkey

:plzstop:

Ugh

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: RAY7 on September 28, 2021, 04:34:43 PM
you dont have to be a hater to not like how Bran sounds at times

:acquit:

Maybe I just felt like the Click Clack lyric was appropriate

It's all love

:indiaarie:

b7

September 28, 2021, 04:39:02 PM #249 Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 04:39:42 PM by Somebody's RIG
I didn't like that clip either but it's also her characters (Naomi) first time rapping in nearly 20 years. Don't forget that part of the storyline

Who knows what that scene really is

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on September 28, 2021, 04:39:02 PM
I didn't like that clip either but it's also her characters (Naomi) first time rapping in nearly 20 years. Don't forget that part of the storyline

That was my thought too... I hope they fall out laughing

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: RAY7 on September 28, 2021, 03:29:04 PM
Nick, your opinions on rap voices....
so you enjoy city girls voices?

and doja cat?? she sounds like she sucks on a helium balloon before she steps into the booth

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on September 28, 2021, 04:39:02 PM

!!!!

exactly they are literally judging bran saying
check it out check check it out .. bout to show yall what its all about . LIKE thats two bars .. yall dont like her cause of that?

RAY7

Quote from: Troye on September 28, 2021, 05:15:51 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on September 28, 2021, 03:29:04 PM
Nick, your opinions on rap voices....
so you enjoy city girls voices?

and doja cat?? she sounds like she sucks on a helium balloon before she steps into the booth
that's not what I was talking about lol
But honestly they each have nice voices for the music they make
The City Girls sound like ghetto birds
Doja sounds weird like she looks
:letsmessfag:

b7

Dnndnfnfn I understand hesitation and being skeptical on the rap stuff but she got this role for a reason. I think she's going to be the standout in so many ways

She's such a star and is so in character, down to Naomi's mannerisms being completely different than Brandy's in real life. It's pretty cool to see. Broadway has completely reignited her confidence and abilities all around IMO. But, yea, that group scene and cypher is a group that hadn't spit or sang together in 20 years after the breakup and the group imploding and flubbing on stage back in the 90's

Should be interesting to see how they all bounce back and gradually get back to the high level of skill they showed off in the 90's. Look how strong the rap sounds in the throwback clip:

Feels intentional all around