Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalifornia.

On mah KNEEEES in da church tryna taste the priest!

Wait 'turi at this KIMizm.

Her part is my fave.

Ma Lo

Cowgirl

Cowgirl

How is it that Brandy, Nadine, and Naturi rapped circles around Eve? :dead:

Ma Lo

Ma Lo

I don't like Brandy's part maybe it'll grow on me ... I just can't get into her at all as a rapper but as long as everyone else likes it and she's getting paid I'm happy. 

Cowgirl

Really? I usually don't care much for Brandy rapping but she ate this up

GYNandTONIC

Yeah, Just listen and Brandy kinda sold me immediately. It's giving flow, cadence, and BARS. The other ladies were cute from a entertainment stand point. But from a true rapping perspective Brandy are that up! So proud!!!!

GYNandTONIC

Rxxf

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 01, 2021, 06:59:23 AM
Yeah, Just listen and Brandy kinda sold me immediately. It's giving flow, cadence, and BARS. The other ladies were cute from a entertainment stand point. But from a true rapping perspective Brandy are that up! So proud!!!!

That's what I'm noticing now!
The morning after.

I think I got too caught up in the gimmick of it all. Lol.

But I'm listening now — and Bran served.
BRANDY

Rxxf

I do want Brandy to take breaths during her verses in other songs though. I want her bars to SIT and linger. It hits better that way. 
BRANDY

RAY7

Ok I'm pleasantly surprised by Bran here
this deep voice is much better than what's in those trailers. Bran, Eve and Naturi's verses>>>

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Rxxf on October 01, 2021, 07:25:47 AM
I do want Brandy to take breaths during her verses in other songs though. I want her bars to SIT and linger. It hits better that way.

Agreed, especially over a beat this noisy. I'm personally used to hearing Brandy over a lot of music, however as a rapper I think diction is far more important than in singing. So she needs to give the bars some pause to land them immediately rather than after a few listens.

M-Rocka