I love seeing Brandy’s adlibs get some shine (Queens crew blasts TAOL on set)

Started by b7, November 23, 2021, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: L0NZ. on November 26, 2021, 11:12:25 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on November 26, 2021, 10:58:18 PM
I was about 15 during my this era. I feel like I was finally able to understand how ridiculous Brandy is musically and vocally. Before then I was a fan, had liked all her singles and watched Moesha and her movies but I didn%u2019t grasp what she does with her harmonies/layers, her runs and her timbre/texture. It%u2019s not for kids

Its not for kids and I will cut you some slack because of our age difference BUT FM could have TAUGHT you this. But you were of age during Afro so.

Because when I heard the last 30 seconds of HE IS.

I just.

had never.
Full Moon is actually what did it for me more than Afrodisiac. I was loving Afrodisiac, but my friends in high school were like %u201Cyea, Full Moon is still better%u201D
I had bought  Full Moon on my 13th birthday and I played the singles mainly and I Thought but everything else was too weird for my young ears. But in 2004 when I replayed When You Touch Me I was floored. Then Apart, All In Me :uhh: I was hooked

Aalumeci.

Quote from: RAY7 on November 26, 2021, 11:52:05 PM
I was about 15 during my this era. I feel like I was finally able to understand how ridiculous Brandy is musically and vocally. Before then I was a fan, had liked all her singles and watched Moesha and her movies but I didn%u2019t grasp what she does with her harmonies/layers, her runs and her timbre/texture. It%u2019s not for kids

Its not for kids and I will cut you some slack because of our age difference BUT FM could have TAUGHT you this. But you were of age during Afro so.

I just.

had never.
Full Moon is actually what did it for me more than Afrodisiac. I was loving Afrodisiac, but my friends in high school were like %u201Cyea, Full Moon is still better%u201D
I had bought  Full Moon on my 13th birthday and I played the singles mainly and I Thought but everything else was too weird for my young ears. But in 2004 when I replayed When You Touch Me I was floored. Then Apart, All In Me :uhh: I was hooky

Apart is that girllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Ma Lo

Quote from: L0NZ. on November 26, 2021, 11:58:59 PM

I just.

had never.
I had bought  Full Moon on my 13th birthday and I played the singles mainly and I Thought but everything else was too weird for my young ears. But in 2004 when I replayed When You Touch Me I was floored. Then Apart, All In Me :uhh: I was hooky

Apart is that girllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

She slid over that beat makes no sense whatsoever.

Ma Lo

Apart was when I finally heard how much Brandy drop kicks Monica vocally and melodically. To think I used to think Monica was the better vocalist makes me wanna puke. 

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

I just.

had never.
I had bought  Full Moon on my 13th birthday and I played the singles mainly and I Thought but everything else was too weird for my young ears. But in 2004 when I replayed When You Touch Me I was floored. Then Apart, All In Me :uhh: I was hooked
My mess.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

November 27, 2021, 08:37:59 AM #80 Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 12:22:34 PM by Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾
Quote from: Àlákọrí ni bọ̀bọ́ yẹn sẹ́ on November 27, 2021, 06:37:23 AM
Apart was when I finally heard how much Brandy drop kicks Monica vocally and melodically. To think I used to think Monica was the better vocalist makes me wanna puke.
Yes she shown her whole ass on that album.

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

Micheal Watson

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on November 26, 2021, 11:11:49 PM
I was indifferent to the album when it first came out. From my first listen I was wowed with maybe two songs.  The press kept hyping up her working with Tim; it was all lackluster to me. I found some of the beats to be weird, and couldn't compete with his past work. I felt it lacked uptempos and radio records and Songs like "Focus" went on way too long imo. It has grown on me but I still believe it could have been better.

As for the marketing, Benny did his thang. She was everywhere and was seen; everyone knew she had a cd coming out. The way he had her over every black magazine was dope to me. Every week she was on somebody's tv show, and airing on the 3 music channels constantly with (hosting 106 & park, making the videos etc)  I was very impressed with this push!

I recall going to borders books, and listening to the album at one of those stations. I didn't like it at all, and in fact didn't buy it. It was like what is this??

I listened again, purchased it, and fell in love. My favorite album to date

Cowgirl

I was so young and thought it was cute but not the best single at the time but TAOL is an amazing song. It's so grand/epic-sounding. Legendary even. I feel like it embodies Ghan today, would love for her to revisit that sound/vibe.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Big Barbie on November 27, 2021, 11:12:46 AM
I was so young and thought it was cute but not the best single at the time but TAOL is an amazing song. It's so grand/epic-sounding. Legendary even. I feel like it embodies Ghan today, would love for her to revisit that sound/vibe.
I could definitely agree with that.

DopeSoul.

Quote from: L0NZ. on November 26, 2021, 11:12:57 PM
and I have always advocated for TAOL.

Its GOD tier
!

And it was instant for me

It baffles me how ppl didn't like it

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

What's baffling about it? Music is subjective; not every listener will react the same to a song. That's life, it makes the world go around.