I love seeing Brandy’s adlibs get some shine (Queens crew blasts TAOL on set)

Started by b7, November 23, 2021, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Harlem on November 24, 2021, 12:13:36 AM
I remember feeling like this video gave BUDGET back in 04... this video & song alone had me ready af for the Afro era... Dave Meyers>>>>>
!!!!!!!!!!!! And then everything about WIS2U was so fucking CHEAP to me. Kanye should've done the whole album. I'm still pissed.

Harlem

Quote from: Trey on November 24, 2021, 10:25:40 AM
I remember feeling like this video gave BUDGET back in 04... this video & song alone had me ready af for the Afro era... Dave Meyers>>>>>
!!!!!!!!!!!! And then everything about WIS2U was so fucking CHEAP to me. Kanye should've done the whole album. I'm still pissed.

LOL whoa! I love WIS2U now but they should've just let Dave Meyers direct all her videos that era to keep the same quality/aesthetic... but they honestly should've went straight to "I Tried" as the 2nd single or "WYWB" to finish the Ye sound to then go the Timbo route for the remaining singles

You can tell Atlantic ain't know wtf to do with Brandy/that album, I'm sure it was a hot ass mess internally especially since Bran/Timbo we're pissed about the marketing direction lol

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Harlem on November 24, 2021, 11:06:21 AM

LOL whoa! I love WIS2U now but they should've just let Dave Meyers direct all her videos that era to keep the same quality/aesthetic... but they honestly should've went straight to "I Tried" as the 2nd single or "WYWB" to finish the Ye sound to then go the Timbo route for the remaining singles

You can tell Atlantic ain't know wtf to do with Brandy/that album, I'm sure it was a hot ass mess internally especially since Bran/Timbo we're pissed about the marketing direction lol
WIS2U grew on me in current day. But the only Tim mess I genuinely used was the mess that didn't even make the album. :dead:

Nodding Off should've been the first single. I feel like the album should've been the reverse: Tim get 1 or 2 tracks, Kanye produce the majority. Kanye's mess was so cohesive... and QUALITY.

:overit:

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Yea.!!! All this!!!! Soo much went wrong with that era. And I still believe "how I feel " would have been a sleeper hit on urban/urban ac.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Harlem

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on November 24, 2021, 12:12:51 PM

Yea.!!! All this!!!! Soo much went wrong with that era. And I still believe "how I feel " would have been a sleeper hit on urban/urban ac.

Yeah "How I Feel" or even better "Say You Will" would've def did something cute on Urban/Urban AC

RAY7

Quote from: Harlem on November 24, 2021, 01:02:06 PM
Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on November 24, 2021, 12:12:51 PM

Yeah "How I Feel" or even better "Say You Will" would've def did something cute on Urban/Urban AC
YES

b7

Quote from: annie on November 24, 2021, 09:48:42 AM
I really really love this song! I love the beat and the adlibs.

I can imagine it was a bit of a struggle to sing live because there are so many layers (maybe one of the reasons that Bran didn't like it as much)z
she's always spoken to why she didn't like it and it was always a business reason, never musical from what I've seen.

She had plans with Timbaland and lost some of her creative control with Atlantic toward the end. Borderline has way more layering dnndnf

b7

Atlantic stopped trusting Brandy and her team when they were the ones that helped Atlantic put food on the fuckin table

Make it make sense. Imagine if she didn't fight for Full Moon to be a single. Girl

:omf:

RAY7

this really is one of her best runs
Jade Novah couldn't wait to do it at the tribute

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

November 24, 2021, 02:38:05 PM #29 Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 02:39:48 PM by Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾
There was a changing of the guard at Atlantic around this time. A lot of people that was there who understood Brandy were gone or had been promoted. Their urban division had shifted focus towards hip hop acts. One of the A&Rs had prior history with Kanye; so that's actually how he got on her album. And tbh he was brought on in the final hour. The same goes for t.I. Being on the album it was all about him getting a come up and helping expose him to female listeners. He had other features with female acts that year as well. Brandy was collateral damage imo. They just didn't give a damn.

Come on how do you lose a track that was already getting video treatments? That screams sabotage!!!
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius