I love seeing Brandy’s adlibs get some shine (Queens crew blasts TAOL on set)

Started by b7, November 23, 2021, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: RAY7 on November 24, 2021, 02:03:25 PM
this really is one of her best runs
Jade Novah couldn't wait to do it at the tribute
!!!!!' And she ate that :kii: i forgot she did it

b7

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on November 24, 2021, 02:38:05 PM
There was a changing of the guard at Atlantic around this time. A lot of people that was there who understood Brandy were gone or had been promoted. Their urban division had shifted focus towards hip hop acts. One of the A&Rs had prior history with Kanye; so that's actually how he got on her album. And tbh he was brought on in the final hour. The same goes for t.I. Being on the album it was all about him getting a come up and helping expose him to female listeners. He had other features with female acts that year as well. Brandy was collateral damage imo. They just didn't give a  damn.

Come on how do you lose a track that was already getting video treatments? That screams sabotage!!!
MESS

I will never understand that. I wonder if Benny Medina ended up giving away a couple of those bears to J.Lo or some mess. Just seems very strange :dead: everything about that era. Thank God Brandy is gifted enough to give us a classic album in spite of chaos and confusion taking place :kii: she's just >>>>>>>

Ma Lo

Harlem

I really hope she releases the video version one day on streaming platforms... them extra strings by that Miri chick elevated the song
:stressed:

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 24, 2021, 02:53:44 PM
There was a changing of the guard at Atlantic around this time. A lot of people that was there who understood Brandy were gone or had been promoted. Their urban division had shifted focus towards hip hop acts. One of the A&Rs had prior history with Kanye; so that's actually how he got on her album. And tbh he was brought on in the final hour. The same goes for t.I. Being on the album it was all about him getting a come up and helping expose him to female listeners. He had other features with female acts that year as well. Brandy was collateral damage imo. They just didn't give a  damn.

Come on how do you lose a track that was already getting video treatments? That screams sabotage!!!
MESS

I will never understand that. I wonder if Benny Medina ended up giving away a couple of those bears to J.Lo or some mess. Just seems very strange :dead: everything about that era. Thank God Brandy is gifted enough to give us a classic album in spite of chaos and confusion taking place :kii: she's just >>>>>>>
Idk its very interesting how he was killing it with J Lo in "03" and Mariah the very next year. But he practically failed at everything regarding Brandy. it makes perfect sense why Brandy choose him to take her to next phase, I'm just lost why it didn't work out. He did alright in the beginning, promotion wise.  Yea that's true;  tbh I wouldn't have left Atlantic I would have rode that album out. And asked to be the hook girl until I had an album ready! I have faith she will work with Tim again.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Annie

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 24, 2021, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: annie on November 24, 2021, 09:48:42 AM
I really really love this song! I love the beat and the adlibs.

I can imagine it was a bit of a struggle to sing live because there are so many layers (maybe one of the reasons that Bran didn't like it as much)z
she's always spoken to why she didn't like it and it was always a business reason, never musical from what I've seen.

She had plans with Timbaland and lost some of her creative control with Atlantic toward the end. Borderline has way more layering dnndnf

I thought she once said it was too high or something..but I don't remember what interview hmm

/.\

RAY7

Ma Lo

I think Where You Wanna be is even lower ..lord ..let me play that song. So bad. 

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: RAY7 on November 24, 2021, 03:30:25 PM
TAOL is super low though. I think she just doesnt like it

!!! I always felt like that took away from it.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

b7

Quote from: Àlákọrí ni bọ̀bọ́ yẹn sẹ́ on November 24, 2021, 02:59:02 PM
Some have argued this is easily her best song.
one of her best singles for sure. That's all I'll give it sdddf she has so many great songs

I wouldn't argue though. Everyone has their favorite version of B Rocka the Queen

b7

Quote from: annie on November 24, 2021, 03:27:43 PM

I can imagine it was a bit of a struggle to sing live because there are so many layers (maybe one of the reasons that Bran didn't like it as much)z
she's always spoken to why she didn't like it and it was always a business reason, never musical from what I've seen.

She had plans with Timbaland and lost some of her creative control with Atlantic toward the end. Borderline has way more layering dnndnf

I thought she once said it was too high or something..but I don't remember what interview hmm
the radio interview during the TwoEleven interview sticks out in my mind. It was the one time she was super honest about why she didn't use

Talked about all the plans she and Timbaland had, musically and visually and how everything changed at the last minute. I think it put a sour taste in her mouth. RHD and other songs are a lot higher and these days, she even ups the key on songs that were originally lower, which is pretty amazing after all this time. I'd love more of that and that setlist absolutely needs to get a lot longer and diversified when she returns to the stage, whenever that may be. 

No excuse. Her catalog is too legendary to do them same 10 songs. Ch

Annie

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 24, 2021, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: annie on November 24, 2021, 03:27:43 PM

the radio interview during the TwoEleven interview sticks out in my mind. It was the one time she was super honest about why she didn't use

Talked about all the plans she and Timbaland had, musically and visually and how everything changed at the last minute. I think it put a sour taste in her mouth. RHD and other songs are a lot higher and these days, she even ups the key on songs that were originally lower, which is pretty amazing after all this time. I'd love more of that and that setlist absolutely needs to get a lot longer and diversified when she returns to the stage, whenever that may be. 

No excuse. Her catalog is too legendary to do them same 10 songs. Ch

Yes Right here would make sense for being to high
Afro has so many amazing songs and I am glad we got different styles and am still happy they didn't make Turn it up the official single. I used to like it back then but it didn't age well.

The kanye productions are really good but I get why she was blindsighted

/.\

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 24, 2021, 02:53:44 PM

MESS

Well I hope she actually talks about it one day or make it make some sort of sense cause its always "I didn't believe in myself or the music" but we never hear no backstory or in depth experiences. I know with the change at Atlantic, decline in record sales/marriage controversy, her look in general...she had to be lashed in those meetings.
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
I needs the tea. I thought she was gonna lash tf outta Bussy Breyon and the music industry on B7 but I see a bitch gotta wait on the tea.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track