I love seeing Brandy’s adlibs get some shine (Queens crew blasts TAOL on set)

Started by b7, November 23, 2021, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingDavid

Quote from: Bish on November 23, 2021, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 23, 2021, 10:37:26 PM
Quote from: ישראל (Israel) on November 23, 2021, 10:26:01 PM
Quote from: Bish on November 23, 2021, 10:21:46 PM
Yesssssss

I appreciate that song so much more now than I did in 2004. Some of her best adlibs ever
!!!!

she was actually singin her ass off
!!!!!!! To both of these comments omg

I enjoyed it back then but i REALLY do now. It's such a unique song, down to the sample choice. She and Kanye were really deep in their birkin bags
This is my go-to song when I just want to hear Brandy's voice and I don't want to overthink what song to play. It represents her artistry so well.

What song does it sample?

Gilly Hines by Mandrill

Bish

I love watching Brandy appreciate her own runs lol 

I watched that clip about a dozen times last night 

b7

Quote from: Bish on November 25, 2021, 01:52:31 PM
I love watching Brandy appreciate her own runs lol

I watched that clip about a dozen times last night
!!!!

:plzstop:

Screaming @ everyone tweeting "she knows she's that bitch". They know what's up

:ohwow:

ZuZu

TAOL was understood by many across the globe and charted Top 20 there. But it was FAR ahead of its time. It is a DEEP soul cut. Thats why its aged so damn well.

Brandy said RHD was too high not taol.. she just didn't like how she had been styled, the dancing and lipped when performing. She felt like she had been beyonce'd up and couldn't compete/pull it off, and wasn't comfortable in her choreography skills enough when doing that era.

Sad how one guy, Kyambo (sp?) ruined the entire era basically. He was the main factor. People were way too hard on Benny. He did a sensational job. Brandy was sabotaged from within her new Atlantic team, purely to propel Kanye. She said they literally stormed in, turned the project upside down at the last minute and she was left stunned confused and had no way to claw back any direction.

Sad. That era was one of her best, she got so deep in HER musicality and control.. if only she had stuck with Timb after, had everything else not happened in her personal life, she would be gone on to have the Justin/Nelly era with Timb. He cites her for reawakening his creative juices. She would have created magic with him. Afro was just the starter.

So sad.

Anyway TAOL was INSTANT for me, the second I heard it. Still kills me to this day, what a song.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: ZuZu on November 25, 2021, 05:41:59 PM
TAOL was understood by many across the globe and charted Top 20 there. But it was FAR ahead of its time. It is a DEEP soul cut. Thats why its aged so damn well.

Brandy said RHD was too high not taol.. she just didn't like how she had been styled, the dancing and lipped when performing. She felt like she had been beyonce'd up and couldn't compete/pull it off, and wasn't comfortable in her choreography skills enough when doing that era.

Sad how one guy, Kyambo (sp?) ruined the entire era basically. He was the main factor. People were way too hard on Benny. He did a sensational job. Brandy was sabotaged from within her new Atlantic team, purely to propel Kanye. She said they literally stormed in, turned the project upside down at the last minute and she was left stunned confused and had no way to claw back any direction.

Sad. That era was one of her best, she got so deep in HER musicality and control.. if only she had stuck with Timb after, had everything else not happened in her personal life, she would be gone on to have the Justin/Nelly era with Timb. He cites her for reawakening his creative juices. She would have created magic with him. Afro was just the starter.

So sad.

Anyway TAOL was INSTANT for me, the second I heard it. Still kills me to this day, what a song.
!!!!!!!!!! All facts!!!!!!!!!!
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

….ok.

So sad.

not zuzu!!! hey booba!! :wub: :wub:

b7

So sad.

That alone makes me SOOOOO sad, when you think of the MILLIONS of dollars she'd made that label beforehand. Unbelievable how nasty that industry can be and ultimately is. Thank God she's still so young - and even younger at heart - with a renewed sense of self and her own creativity. What's meant to be going forward will be, but, i am very sad for that version of herself that had to endure that during that time. Wow.

b7

Quote from: Child of Israel on November 25, 2021, 07:06:25 PM

So sad.

not zuzu!!! hey booba!! :wub: :wub:
:wub: :wub: :wub:

TruMusicBruce

This song was part of such a big moment in my life. I just remember being 18, moving out of my parents house and working.  I would listen to this daily on VH1 soul, and it was just freedom to me. It was a good era of music during this time. I would watch TAOL, Confessions, You Shoulda Known Better, and Goodies daily. 

I always liked Brandy but this song and album made me a stan. 

Annie

So sad.

Thanks for refreshing my memory! Yes I would have loved for her to have another Timbo album. He did his thing with Nelly. All good things would have been perfect.

/.\