prisoner kills gay cellmate after asking to be moved away from him

Started by ….ok., December 05, 2021, 01:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 01:18:32 AM Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 01:44:51 AM by Lady of Lithuania
- prisoner repeatedly asks to be moved to another cell away from gay cellmate , clearly homophobic
- prison ignores his request
- prisoner ultimately kills gays cellmate
- prisoner charged with 1st degree murder

Who's to blame?

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 01:24:01 AM #1 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 01:28:00 AM by Lady of Lithuania
i've seen the term "homophobic" misused  SO many times but this is the one time where it actually applies

this man was clearly afraid of being around this gay guy ....in his mind, rumors could possibly spring up outta nowhere about him being gay too, etc.
he was literally scared and was pleading to be removed ...

this is what phobia looks like.

and he eventually took matters into his own hands
that prison's refusal to remove this clearly homophobic man away from the gay man was irresponsible - at the least IMO

he seemed frantic  :uhh:

still responsible for his actions and needs to be held accountable . but this could have been avoided - he actually reached out first

CHOKE

Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 01:18:32 AM
- prisoner repeatedly asks to be moved to another cell away from gay cellmate , clearly homophobic
- prison ignores his request
- prisoner ultimately kills gays cellmate
- prisoner charged with 1st degree murder

Who's to blame?

The mama for not swallowing

Buy The Stars✨

how u let him cheat

vvcbvcvc he wasn't "scared"

he was hateful. and the prison was only wrong if the gay cellmate expressed concern for his safety. otherwise... this is prison not kindergarten. you dont get to pick ya partner!

then take him back? must be yo only nigga.

Mrd0ndada

Quote from: ophliyah on December 05, 2021, 02:04:02 AM

he was hateful. and the prison was only wrong if the gay cellmate expressed concern for his safety. otherwise... this is prison not kindergarten. you dont get to pick ya partner!

🙄

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 02:23:35 AM #7 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 02:40:19 AM by Lady of Lithuania
not saying he was scared of the gay man himself

read what i wrote carefully. he was scared of rumors coming up about him being gay as well, by association

which isn't unheard of or totally new. there are definitely men who are literally afraid to be around gay men not because they're scared of the men themselves, but they are very scared of perceptions that follow being associated with one - in any way. and the very real social consequences that come with that

is it a reasonable fear to have? who knows, i've never been to prison to know how the politics and social teas work there. but i def know it's not a stretch to say that the mess that goes down outside of prison may go DOUBLE when people are in prison with nothing better to do than look at walls and start mess.

and i mean we're saying "ur in prison! no right to choose who ur with!", but if they took his request seriously, it literally would have saved that gay man's life. imagine being the gay guy stuck in a small space with the crazily anxious homophobic hetero they won't remove from ur cell.

how u let him cheat

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on December 05, 2021, 02:08:54 AM
Quote from: ophliyah on December 05, 2021, 02:04:02 AM

then take him back? must be yo only nigga.

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 04:20:50 AM #9 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 04:25:21 AM by Lady of Lithuania
Consequences of gay rumors in prison do include a threat to safety.  That kinda goes without saying but continue quoting yourself . Brilliant

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 02:23:35 AM

read what i wrote carefully. he was scared of rumors coming up about him being gay as well, by association

which isn't unheard of or totally new. there are definitely men who are literally afraid to be around gay men not because they're scared of the men themselves, but they are very scared of perceptions that follow being associated with one - in any way. and the very real social consequences that come with that

is it a reasonable fear to have? who knows, i've never been to prison to know how the politics and social teas work there. but i def know it's not a stretch to say that the mess that goes down outside of prison may go DOUBLE when people are in prison with nothing better to do than look at walls and start mess.

and i mean we're saying "ur in prison! no right to choose who ur with!", but if they took his request seriously, it literally would have saved that gay man's life. imagine being the gay guy stuck in a small space with the crazily anxious homophobic hetero they won't remove from ur cell.
but theres still no reason to kill someone for that. We should put as much blame on the actual murderer as we are putting on the prison for not reacting.

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 05:12:23 AM #11 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 05:17:38 AM by Lady of Lithuania
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on December 05, 2021, 05:05:49 AM

but theres still no reason to kill someone for that. We should put as much blame on the actual murderer as we are putting on the prison for not reacting.
I agree.

I did say that he's still accountable for his actions .

But this could have been prevented. He reached out before killing that guy . He tried to take a road that didn't include proving and validating his manhood through violence and was ignored. I'm not OK with that .

The power and pressure of hypermasculinity is not to be underestimated or taken lightly. Especially in prison where there's nowhere to run.

This case should set a precedent. That gay man should have been more protected. These are violent criminals in prison. They're not there because they have excellent self control and decision making skills.

CHOKE

Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 05:12:23 AM

I agree.

Bu-

….ok.

Quote from: Planet Choke on December 05, 2021, 05:23:47 AM
Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 05:12:23 AM

I agree.

Bu-

BITCH?!

como la whore

I feel that if you really want the freedom to decide who you keep around you then you should probably avoid jail and or prison.

it could all be so simple
:justabit: