19 Dead In Bronx Fire

Started by Marilyn, January 09, 2022, 07:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finish ha.

January 09, 2022, 07:55:35 PM #1 Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:00:29 PM by buy black
so sad. that's a lot of life lost

i really think automatic sprinkler systems should become standard in any high rise residential building

they're effective  in saving lives since they act immediately instead of waiting for firefighters to arrive
and actually have even been proven t cause less water damage to property than the firefighters' loads of water

so the building owners can consider it an investment if they don't care about human lives being saved

Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

Marilyn

Quote from: buy black on January 09, 2022, 07:55:35 PM

i really think automatic sprinkler systems should become standard in any high rise residential building

they're effective  in saving lives since they act immediately instead of waiting for firefighters to arrive
and actually have even been proven t cause less water damage to property than the firefighters' loads of water

so the building owners can consider it an investment if they don't care about human lives being saved

That tall ass building also didn't have a fire escape. They don't give a damn about people in the hood.

finish ha.

Quote from: Marilyn on January 09, 2022, 08:10:18 PM
Quote from: buy black on January 09, 2022, 07:55:35 PM

That tall ass building also didn't have a fire escape. They don't give a damn about people in the hood.

ridiculous. It's sad cuz most people don't think of these things cuz naturally and understandably  we don't expect or anticipate  it to happen to us personally

Either that or they just don't have the means to be picky about safety etc . when the primary goal is simply to get a roof over their heads

Hopefully this tragedy brings some attention to changes that can and should be made

Nothings 100% full proof but it doesn't have to be devastating
Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

finish ha.

January 09, 2022, 08:46:22 PM #4 Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:47:03 PM by buy black
my heart :stressed: :'( :'(

Rxxf

Too sad. 
And I hear it was from a space heater. 
BRANDY

Rxxf

Makes me wonder if they didn't have running heat. 
BRANDY

Rxxf

I'm reading that the heat was functional and working - not sure how well - they were using a space heater to help supplement. 
BRANDY