finally gettin into “bel air”

Started by finish ha., May 22, 2022, 09:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finish ha.

May 22, 2022, 09:51:56 AM Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:01:16 AM by índio negro
and I fuckin luv it

Love how they're really sticking to the original story as they push it thru a different lens. I've seen little deviation and yet it feels so different and fresh. it's almost genius

Currently on episode 4 ...

Ggvvvvvv @ them not keeping the stank curry taxi driver from the intro though. I was waiting on that   :plzstop:

But I understand. it's "Problematic" and blah blah blah 🙄
Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

RAY7

Yea they did their thing on this show. Some things were rushed IMO but I know it's because they really wanted to make sure this reboot was a smash and gets ppl hooked 

finish ha.

May 22, 2022, 10:52:10 AM #2 Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:54:21 AM by índio negro
Quote from: RAY7 on May 22, 2022, 09:57:58 AM
Yea they did their thing on this show. Some things were rushed IMO but I know it's because they really wanted to make sure this reboot was a smash and gets ppl hooked
im in love

It basically takes a more serious look at will's issues stemming from Philly   ... Carlton's whitewashed, self hatred mess ... Hillary's inability to get on her own two feet ... Vivian taking the backseat to Phil's career as a strong individual herself ... Phil seemingly losing touch with his urban roots and having to prove he still got it  whenever challenged by old friends

And of course GODshley has been left unscathed :woohoo: she's just there to be cute and get in a lil trouble . I'd say her character is staying truest to the original in its lightheartedness and innocence (from what I've seen so far at least .. plz no spoilers hhhh ) .

Which kinda makes sense considering she's the r youngest of the bunch.

I love it

Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

Cowgirl

I haven't watched yet but it looked really good from the teasers/clips I've seen. It's hard for some people to admit that reboots are sometimes actually really good let alone better than the originals..

finish ha.

May 22, 2022, 11:06:21 AM #4 Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:11:06 AM by índio negro
Quote from: Big Barbie on May 22, 2022, 11:01:54 AM
I haven't watched yet but it looked really good from the teasers/clips I've seen. It's hard for some people to admit that reboots are sometimes actually really good let alone better than the originals..
I honestly think if this were a standard "reboot" it would be corny

Like keeping it very comedic and super true to the original  .. i probably wouldn't have watched

They were very smart to FLIP it a bit from comedy to drama . As opposed to tryna keep up with the original , it gives you an entirely different experience of the same story.

I honestly don't even feel calling it a "reboot" is even completely accurate because of the way they did it .

And it's very well done.  They're not tryna add tons of extra spices to amplify the recipe and give "drama!!" . Not Making Hillary a drugged out prostitute or turning Vivian into a midlife crisis party gor. They're actually sticking to the script which is very impressive

Cowgirl

Quote from: índio negro on May 22, 2022, 11:06:21 AM
I honestly don't even feel calling it a "reboot" is even completely accurate because of the way they did it .

They're actually sticking to the script which is very impressive
:ummwhat:

finish ha.

May 22, 2022, 11:48:46 AM #6 Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:57:26 AM by índio negro
Quote from: Big Barbie on May 22, 2022, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: índio negro on May 22, 2022, 11:06:21 AM

They're actually sticking to the script which is very impressive
:ummwhat:
when i say script i dont mean word-for-word as in an actual script. not literally.

i mean the story.

sfsfsffsfssf

yes its technically a "reboot" i guess but its not giving me "reboot".
like "fuller house", "roseanne",  and other shows have.
hope that makes sense

there's a reason why people don't expect much from reboots as you mentioned.
many times there's an attempt to create that same magic in some way, as opposed to reimagining and flipping it a bit.

pretty much leaning on the nostalgia! factor alone to sell the show.
bel air kinda avoids that route completely. which is refreshing..and very un-"reboot"ish.
thats what i was speaking to really

long-timeTheRoofFan

I really enjoyed it when it was airing... Did it get cancelled by the slap tho?

finish ha.

May 22, 2022, 12:19:41 PM #8 Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 12:20:25 PM by índio negro
Quote from: long-timeFullMoonFan on May 22, 2022, 12:08:07 PM
its coming back in 2023 even after the pimp slap :blessed:

QuoteSmith will still serve as executive producer for the second season of Bel-Air, a dramatic retelling of his breakout sit-com The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, which will air in 2023, according to Deadline.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2022/05/09/will-smiths-emancipation-delayed-heres-where-his-projects-stand-after-oscars-slap/?sh=570cf8f5a40b

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: índio negro on May 22, 2022, 12:19:41 PM
Quote from: long-timeFullMoonFan on May 22, 2022, 12:08:07 PM
its coming back in 2023 even after the pimp slap :blessed:

QuoteSmith will still serve as executive producer for the second season of Bel-Air, a dramatic retelling of his breakout sit-com The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, which will air in 2023, according to Deadline.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2022/05/09/will-smiths-emancipation-delayed-heres-where-his-projects-stand-after-oscars-slap/?sh=570cf8f5a40b

Nice that's good news. I liked the show a lot and didn't want it to be derailed like the rest of Wills mess.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Big Barbie on May 22, 2022, 12:49:30 PM
Where can I watch for free? I refuse to pay for more streaming services.

Young

May 22, 2022, 01:00:50 PM #11 Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 01:00:58 PM by Young
I wanna get IN

The first episode was good

I guess I'll give in and buy the peacock mess :melmel:

finish ha.

Quote from: Big Barbie on May 22, 2022, 12:49:57 PM
Quote from: Big Barbie on May 22, 2022, 12:49:30 PM
Where can I watch for free? I refuse to pay for more streaming services.
do u have xfinity home internet ?

If so u may have it included

demitri.petty

Yessss I'm glad peacock gave them 2 seasons off the bat.. I'm hooked 

finish ha.

Quote from: Young on May 22, 2022, 01:00:50 PM
I wanna get IN

The first episode was good

I guess I'll give in and buy the peacock mess :melmel:
its worth the $5

Especially since all the episodes are already there  and you can just binge the entire season and don't have to renew next month

Just consider the $5 ur ticket to the show and enjoy :woohoo: