Fast food worker rewarded with bag of candy for 27 years of service

Started by shante smith, June 20, 2022, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReVon

AT LEAST THEY THOUGHT OF HIM. HE SEEMS HAPPY AND APPRECIATIVE SO... 

ON SECOND THOUGHT, HE SOUNDS LIKE HE'S BEING SARCASTIC LMAO :plzstop::kii::dead:

Aalumeci.

Quote from: break minha alma 🙅🏾 on June 21, 2022, 02:23:31 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on June 21, 2022, 12:11:36 AM
Eh, I'm sure this was just an anniversary type gift from his coworkers and not some mess from the CEO. Tanya and Carl chipped in to help him celebrate his 27th year. I like his energy but this is out of context
well he's referring to "loyalty" and "the company" so this had to come from management.

Management ultimately represents the company as very few people on the "frontline" have direct contact with CEOs of large corporations dnndndnd

So I don't think it's out of context . Just as he said, it was a reward from his job for his loyalty .

These are all assumptions and I still think it's out of context :)  And you don't need direct contact with the CEO for standard, milestone awards to be shipped to your location girl. So just as I said, even if Carl and Tanya were the shift supervisors, a gift from them is hardly a "reward from his company."

como la whore

JDFSIOFOSJOSIDJFOIDSJFOIJFOISJFDOIJOIODIJFIOJ

thank you for your 3 decades of service and hard work here's a bag of skittles  :-P

BetterAngels

Quote from: plan_b on June 21, 2022, 05:43:03 AM
Quote from: BetterAngels on June 21, 2022, 05:32:27 AM
Quote from: plan_b on June 21, 2022, 05:19:31 AM
Quote from: Buy The Stars✨ on June 21, 2022, 02:24:40 AM
i mean what is he supposed to get?

still waiting for an answer on this

Um, well the company I work for, for your 20th anniversary, you get an all expense paid trip for 2 (including airfare) to one of the Hard Rock Resorts (Hollywood, Puerto Rico or the DR) for 4 days/ 3 nights plus $500 in spending money.  For 25 years, it's even more.  Maybe because it's an odd year (27) they don't give a major gift until you reach 30, but I hope he's gotten more than candy over all these years.

i mean that's super cute

but companies are under no obligation, imo. i don't expect shit from them. if i get something cool. but as long as i'm being compensated fairly for me work, they don't owe me nothin else.

What kind of companies do you all work for where you aren't appreciated for your tenure?  A "Years of Service" program falls under the "Benefits" category that most of you said you care about.

DopeSoul.

Quote from: BetterAngels on June 21, 2022, 06:36:09 AM

Um, well the company I work for, for your 20th anniversary, you get an all expense paid trip for 2 (including airfare) to one of the Hard Rock Resorts (Hollywood, Puerto Rico or the DR) for 4 days/ 3 nights plus $500 in spending money.  For 25 years, it's even more.  Maybe because it's an odd year (27) they don't give a major gift until you reach 30, but I hope he's gotten more than candy over all these years.

i mean that's super cute

but companies are under no obligation, imo. i don't expect shit from them. if i get something cool. but as long as i'm being compensated fairly for me work, they don't owe me nothin else.

What kind of companies do you all work for where you aren't appreciated for your tenure?  A "Years of Service" program falls under the "Benefits" category that most of you said you care about.

Cowgirl

Thanks ☺️🍭🍬🍫

I know 27 isn't an immediate milestone but they would've been better off not giving any gift at all if this is what they were gonna do. Hopefully they're paying him well.

Ma Lo

It's the thought that counts not the monetary value of a gift. Some people ain't gonna give you shit, not ever. You could go to the moon and back. We live in a cold world.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Saint on June 21, 2022, 07:34:43 AM
It's the thought that counts
I feel like "thoughts" can be more insulting than absence at times..

shante smith

June 21, 2022, 07:37:14 AM #23 Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 07:59:11 AM by break minha alma 🙅🏾

but companies are under no obligation, imo.
this goes without saying . You're stating the obvious

Their only "obligation" is to make sure they follow labor laws and that you get ur check . This is a fact so theres really no need for you to add "imo".

But there's a flip side to that. An employee could also say "I'm here to do the bare minimum just to keep my job and nothing thats not part of my job description . So don't ask lolz"

......And guess how that employee would be labeled .

Also, guess how long that employee would keep their job with that attitude ...although  technically the minimum  is all that is required of them.

Just as it's expected that employees take pride in their job and to keep a SMILE! on their face even if they're performing tasks that are clearly tedious and stressful , it's not an unreasonable expectation for employees to wanna feel valued in return. And yes, showing that appreciation does include going above and beyond sometimes .

shante smith

June 21, 2022, 07:46:08 AM #24 Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 07:51:03 AM by break minha alma 🙅🏾
Quote from: L0NZ. on June 21, 2022, 06:13:51 AM
Quote from: break minha alma 🙅🏾 on June 21, 2022, 02:23:31 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on June 21, 2022, 12:11:36 AM
Eh, I'm sure this was just an anniversary type gift from his coworkers and not some mess from the CEO. Tanya and Carl chipped in to help him celebrate his 27th year. I like his energy but this is out of context
well he's referring to "loyalty" and "the company" so this had to come from management.

Management ultimately represents the company as very few people on the "frontline" have direct contact with CEOs of large corporations dnndndnd

So I don't think it's out of context . Just as he said, it was a reward from his job for his loyalty .

These are all assumptions and I still think it's out of context :)  And you don't need direct contact with the CEO for standard, milestone awards to be shipped to your location girl. So just as I said, even if Carl and Tanya were the shift supervisors, a gift from them is hardly a "reward from his company."
who said this was an official "milestone award"?

You're the one making assumptions . Maybe that's why you're thinking the CEO would handle something like this

Nsnsndnsn

Let's get to the facts. He literally references the goodie bag as a gift for "loyalty" to the "company".

He mentioned "coworkers" not one time so again, you're the one with an impressive imagination over there .

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Big Barbie on June 21, 2022, 07:29:59 AM
Thanks ☺️🍭🍬🍫

I know 27 isn't an immediate milestone but they would've been better off not giving any gift at all if this is what they were gonna do. Hopefully they're paying him well.
exactly. Its insulting.

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Saint on June 21, 2022, 07:34:43 AM
It's the thought that counts not the monetary value of a gift. Some people ain't gonna give you shit, not ever. You could go to the moon and back. We live in a cold world.
oh please. They have money so they need to pay tf up.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

CHOKE

June 21, 2022, 10:20:43 AM #29 Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:21:36 AM by The Scarlet Choke
The way my bby sis threw he must be handicapped

Is that politically correct?