BET celebrates ballroom culture

Started by ….ok., June 27, 2022, 09:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

….ok.

June 28, 2022, 06:40:32 AM #15 Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 07:34:47 AM by break minha alma 🙅🏾
I'd say the performance was actually very true to ballroom - which in itself isn't super organized  .

For those who aren't familiar with what a ball looks like: A bunch of gorls gather around and watch the spins and dips hit the floor.

It's slightly organized chaos. It shouldnt look like other performances of the night on the BET stage .

And they included actual ballroom legends to participate. Dashaun wesley, Shannon balenciaga , etc. I'm gonna assume the girls in here  aren't familiar with these names .

I'm not embarrassed, or offended.

The iconic black gays showed up and showed out. Nothing for me to feel embarrassed about.

If anything I'm happy to see them happily receiving any flowers, recognition, or exposure  that they've definitely spent a good chunk of their lives earning.

….ok.

June 28, 2022, 07:00:35 AM #16 Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 07:16:00 AM by break minha alma 🙅🏾
But again, most acts of inclusion by heteronormative or majority white platforms are always gonna have that underlining "look yall! We love u! See! We tolerate ya!  :-D " mess to it.

Nothing new.

But let's make sure we're actually purchasing nas's album, getting those subscriptions to HBOMax to let them know shows like legendary which are hosted by black ballroom icons like deshaun are what we wanna continue seeing ...

I'll put my receipts on the table . Who wanna go next

Romeros "legendary" thread had all types of tumbleweeds rolling thru it . Bsbdbdbdbd but a rainbow flag and "representation! 😩😩 " cry to y'all too

🌈🌈🌈

Cowgirl

Why am I being attacked? All I did was laugh at what Choke said, I didn't agree or disagree :uhh:

….ok.

Cowgirl

Are you assuming my gender and sexual preference?

….ok.

r u saying gender actually exists? :ummwhat:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: break minha alma 🙅🏾 on June 28, 2022, 07:00:35 AM
But again, most acts of inclusion by heteronormative or majority white platforms are always gonna have that underlining "look yall! We love u! See! We tolerate ya!  :-D " mess to it.

Nothing new.

But let's make sure we're actually purchasing nas's album, getting those subscriptions to HBOMax to let them know shows like legendary which are hosted by black ballroom icons like deshaun are what we wanna continue seeing ...

Romeros "legendary" thread had all types of tumbleweeds rolling thru it . Bsbdbdbdbd but a rainbow flag and "representation! 😩😩 " cry to y'all too

🌈🌈🌈

….ok.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on June 28, 2022, 12:42:25 PM
Quote from: break minha alma 🙅🏾 on June 28, 2022, 07:00:35 AM

Nothing new.

🌈🌈🌈

dbbfnfbfbfnfnfnnfnfjfj :cheerup:

Ulysses