And these added layers and vocals are unnecessary 

god 

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on October 08, 2020, 06:06:41 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 08, 2020, 05:59:19 PM
Quote from: Lee on October 08, 2020, 05:51:18 PM
Quote from: lovechild on October 08, 2020, 05:43:58 PM
Quote from: yearofbrandy on October 08, 2020, 03:42:02 PM
Brandy might need to take her ass back to a major label. Atlantic or something.

Let's talk about the order!!!!

n
y'all are so dramatic. Brandy has had more buzz as an independent artist than she's had in over 10 years.

That's great but I think the comment was in reference to the significant decline in quality since going independent. At least on the majors we knew if nothing else the music was going to be on point.

I'm not a huge fan of the remix, but b7 is still better than her last two albums that were on major labels so that point is kinda weak as well

No that's my point. You may like the songs better but it's her worst album in terms of quality of production and overall sound. I don't really like 2/11 but its production value is immaculate.

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 08, 2020, 06:15:14 PM

n
y'all are so dramatic. Brandy has had more buzz as an independent artist than she's had in over 10 years.

That's great but I think the comment was in reference to the significant decline in quality since going independent. At least on the majors we knew if nothing else the music was going to be on point.

I'm not a huge fan of the remix, but b7 is still better than her last two albums that were on major labels so that point is kinda weak as well

No that's my point. You may like the songs better but it's her worst album in terms of quality of production and overall sound. I don't really like 2/11 but its production value is immaculate.

So y'all prefer a well mixed subpar album over a solid album with subpar mixing?
:ohwow:

Desilu

Brandy should just hurry up and move on to the next album after the billboard awards next week. Or maybe just become a mixtape girl and give us mixtapes without anything extra.

Idk why everything moves so slow in her camp. It's not hard to put out a consistent and quality aesthetic with consistent production.

Bigmacthawoppa

October 08, 2020, 06:20:39 PM #94 Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:32:59 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Lee on October 08, 2020, 06:17:19 PM

Let%u2019s talk about the order!!!!

n
y%u2019all are so dramatic. Brandy has had more buzz as an independent artist than she%u2019s had in over 10 years.

I%u2019m not a huge fan of the remix, but b7 is still better than her last two albums that were on major labels so that point is kinda weak as well

So y%u2019all prefer a well mixed subpar album over a solid album with subpar mixing?

:dead: well I don't feel that the album is solid enough to make up for the subpar mixing and production. If the songs were knockouts then I would be willing to accept the drop in quality but to me the songs aren't strong enough to offset that.

Like It Was Yesterday, I Wanna Fall In Love, Locked In Love are examples of songs that don't have the best or most consistent production value but the songs themselves are excellent so I don't care. Shit, Locked In Love is one of my favorites of all time and the sound quality and levels are a MESS

Bigmacthawoppa

But I've also come to understand that a lot of the gorls on here can't tell the difference between a SoundCloud beat and a professional master

:letsmessfag:

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Desilu on October 08, 2020, 06:17:30 PM
Brandy should just hurry up and move on to the next album after the billboard awards next week. Or maybe just become a mixtape girl and give us mixtapes without anything extra.

Idk why everything moves so slow in her camp. It's not hard to put out a consistent and quality aesthetic with consistent production.

I don't understand either!! Rather Be should be the third single and Say Something the 4th. I was hoping we would have a video and single release for Rather Be by now and that the deluxe was coming this month or early next month. By the end of this year and after the Grammys I want to wrap this ERA UP!! I need a new album by Spring/Summer next year...like lets get this going and keep ur name on everybody's lips.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Lee on October 08, 2020, 06:17:19 PM

n

So y'all prefer a well mixed subpar album over a solid album with subpar mixing?

nah the writing the songs production and vocals shit all over bcheap

so no
but if you wanna say it better

focus on the songs because everything else is shitty

and thats blatanly obvious

bran  took  a step back from technicalities with afro and human
but this is garbage

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 08, 2020, 06:23:09 PM
But I've also come to understand that a lot of the gorls on here can't tell the difference between a SoundCloud beat and a professional master

:letsmessfag:
:kii:

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

lovechild

The buzz and admiration during this era is amazing!! Is the music on B7 better than 211 ? Idk! 211 isn't my fave album but it gave us some gems : so sick, do you know , music , no such thing , without you , scared of beautiful , wish your love away.... like ...

B7 is still fresh but idk if she's really fucking with the previous albums like that . Not too much on Human she gave us something is missing , torn down , camouflage, the definition , true , fall

Let's not get forgetful!

Le Champ

Quote from: lovechild on October 08, 2020, 06:39:38 PM
The buzz and admiration during this era is amazing!! Is the music on B7 better than 211 ? Idk! 211 isn't my fave album but it gave us some gems : so sick, do you know , music , no such thing , without you , scared of beautiful , wish your love away.... like ...

B7 is still fresh but idk if she's really fucking with the previous albums like that . Not too much on Human she gave us something is missing , torn down , camouflage, the definition , true , fall

Let's not get forgetful!

so yea b7 is better than both of those albums
:feelinmyself:

Desilu

I'll take an EP of just Rather Be: Remixes at this point.

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Kaeli. on October 08, 2020, 06:11:42 PM

n
andndnsa

yeah

plus it doesn't make sense to sign to a label just to sell the same amount she would independent

and make less money

Ma Lo

Cowboy Nine

October 08, 2020, 06:58:02 PM #104 Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:58:16 PM by Nine.
Quote from: Desilu on October 08, 2020, 06:17:30 PM

It is for Brandy.

She'll never move the way she really could and that you guys want her to.