Interesting discussion about Pre-Recorded vocals with Stevie Mackie

Started by b7, April 24, 2020, 05:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 24, 2020, 09:09:21 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 24, 2020, 09:00:53 PM
I really had no idea some artists go back and doctor up what's already been recorded though :kii:

maybe i did and forgot but jdjdjjffnnf
I promise I'm not being messy but Brandy did this with Divas Live :omf:
i remember you having all of those tapes from back then

thats not messy. its actually pretty cool/interesting to me. Thats why i made this thread to be honest.  I didn't know they were doing it even back then

b7

Can we talk about how Whitney's sound was so good and believable during the National Anthem? 

wasn't that in fucking 1990 :uhh: 

b7

Quote from: LF on April 24, 2020, 09:45:31 PM
Brandy's pre-records are just too perfect to me. Every note is too perfect and almost sounds studio recording like cause she's not really using her live tone if that makes sense. And sometimes her pre-record vocal be overlapping lol. I agree with homeboy that the pre-record should sound live, we wanna hear breathing and shit. I feel like Brandy does her pre-records in a studio and not on the stage like Beyonce does. Probably one of the best pre-records she's done that sounds live was the Whitney tribute.
She does both if you watch her full concerts. Her backgrounds and layering obviously are done in
the studio though. They were getting really good recently and now sound too fake, i agree

there are plenty examples of this and Beys "Deja vu" BET performance hardly sounds like it was
done on a stage  :dead:

they both mix it up. Bey is just better at it

lovechild

Quote from: 1RIG on April 24, 2020, 09:08:46 PM
Quote from: lovechild on April 24, 2020, 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on April 24, 2020, 08:20:25 PM
Yes, frequency! That's where Brandy fucks up. Her pre-record and live audios are always totally different.

Yeah and when her voice comes in live it's usually raspy and lower . The first few songs are usually pitched higher and a cleaner vocal so I can always tell when she's actually singing.  The pre records are sick tho!! Like he said she did record them at some point so who cares .
yeah they weren't being shady

He was stanning. And i know he wanted to say her name eventually sdddd he's always on her page

He made Jojo even better if you ask me. Bran should work with him, since she's always practicing and training her voice anyway

True! Everybody knows Brandy sings down and I love that they brought light to this and why it's needed at times . Beyonce, Mariah, Whitney etc the best voices in the world have used pre records.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw