CHOKE

Quote from: DopeSoul. on September 22, 2021, 12:22:38 AM
Y'all expected big album numbers from this boy? n

why...

Am jus looking at the promo, budget and perceived hype, anticipation

It ain't all really matching for me 

But these are cute numbers, def not a flop imo

b7

Just from the little snippets i heard, his album is gonna he more my speed. Drake gave us little to nothing IMO. Felt like a bunch of throwaways from previous eras but I'm gonna listen again because i don't think u should trash an entire album after one or two listens

So far i don't use

b7

Quote from: FRANCE on September 21, 2021, 10:50:26 PM
His peers are barely doing these kinda numbers. This is definitely a book for him. The sales from his singles alone would make his label happy. Doja Cat sold less first week. Justin Bieber, who has a huge fanbase and years in the game, did 154k. And y'all expected Lil Nas X to do 200k plus in this sales climate?  :uhh:
:dead:

RIGHT! What is everyone on the first page of this thread even talking about?

It's not 2004

:plzstop:

b7

Quote from: Ulysses on September 21, 2021, 10:59:20 PM
Didn't Jhene fucking Aiko sell more than this first week?? A quarter of the promotion? There is no doubt they expected more than this. They probably ran his promo budget by this point
Jhene is an established Artist, 4 or 5 albums deep and sold like 72K her first week out back in 2014 or whatever it was. Let's maybe give him some time?

b7

Quote from: FRANCE on September 21, 2021, 11:25:07 PM
f

some of y'all I can tell are really out of touch. not 400k. especially in this day and age, not every artist is an album seller and not every artist does huge first week numbers then fall off the map. lil nas x im sure his album will prob be like doja cat's who sold far less but kept up the big streaming numbers. i never expected mr old town road with a bunch of young, twitter stans to make him a 400k album seller, or even 200k for that matter. some artists sell chart topping singles like jason derulo and some sell albums like beyonce.

b7

Quote from: Trey on September 21, 2021, 11:34:34 PM
But Doja didn't have a fraction of the promo Nas had and nobody was really anticipating her mess. It's just not comparable imo. I think that's where the disappointment comes from. There was unarguably soooooo much hype and promo behind Lil Nas..... we haven't seen anything like that in a decade.
Trey i stan for you but.... NO one was anticipating Doja?  :blink: In what world?

b7

Quote from: DopeSoul. on September 22, 2021, 12:22:38 AM
Y'all expected big album numbers from this boy? n

why...
ur fucking SIG
>>>>>

Edge gorl

im sick!

i rlly wanted 500k to harass tha board wit

but ig im not well verse on tha new industry shit
wat da hell im gon do..NOW

Kalifornia.

Edge gorl

uhyjk4rfetgtrg

rig ban mays pls =; (

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on September 22, 2021, 01:48:18 AM
But Doja didn't have a fraction of the promo Nas had and nobody was really anticipating her mess. It's just not comparable imo. I think that's where the disappointment comes from. There was unarguably soooooo much hype and promo behind Lil Nas..... we haven't seen anything like that in a decade.
Trey i stan for you but.... NO one was anticipating Doja?  :blink: In what world?
sdfdgddvvdbdbdbsbfdd

I have a flair for the dramatic. But it wasn't nearly anticipated to the extent of Montero. I haven't seen a rollout like this in yeeeaaars.

b7

September 22, 2021, 02:23:30 AM #41 Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 02:24:33 AM by Somebody's RIG
Quote from: Trey on September 22, 2021, 02:11:21 AM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on September 22, 2021, 01:48:18 AM
sdfdgddvvdbdbdbsbfdd

I have a flair for the dramatic. But it wasn't nearly anticipated to the extent of Montero. I haven't seen a rollout like this in yeeeaaars.
bzbdnxnndnxnfnf

It's an AMAZING rollout but these days Idk what that really equates to other than a bunch of likes on Instagram. Social media engagement is what he's winning with. Album sales and streams are important but the way he's moving, it'll just build and build and stay steady from week to week as he remains visible

There are only a handful of girls moving 200K or more in one week and they're all future legends or white. For a debut, this is pretty good. I wouldn't even say he's an A list celebrity yet

Edge gorl

i think he is a future legend doe

Young

Edge gorl