prisoner kills gay cellmate after asking to be moved away from him

Started by ….ok., December 05, 2021, 01:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: como la whore on December 05, 2021, 02:27:45 PM
I feel that if you really want the freedom to decide who you keep around you then you should probably avoid jail and or prison.

it could all be so simple
:justabit:
but ya'd rather make it harddd

Ulysses

RAY7

Yea I'm sorry but this only on the person who decided to commit murder. For punishment now he should be placed with a bunch of super muscular gay inmates who can beat the shit out of him everyday

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 09:05:49 PM #19 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 09:09:17 PM by Lady of Lithuania
i think if an inmate is clearly homophobic and is requesting to be moved from a gay cellmate, the prison should take action.

men who are openly/clearly gay should not be in general population to begin with. it's a horrible idea. and a clear recipe for disaster and loss of life. let's start there.

yes, some can argue that the killer shouldn't have a right to decide who he bunks with
but be careful with that argument. because some could also argue that the gay guy doesn't have a right to decide either ...using that logic, the gay guy wouldn't have the right to approach anyone and say "as a gay man, im uncomfortable with this guy in the cell. he hasn't hurt me or anything but im just not getting a good feeling about this."

he's in prison, for not following the law...so he'll take what he gets, right?

and honestly based on how they threw him to the homophobic wolves, that seems to be the way the warden feels.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 09:05:49 PM
i think if an inmate is clearly homophobic and is requesting to be moved from a gay cellmate, the prison should take action.

you have no rights in prison baby doll.  suck it up and bend over

….ok.

Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 09:05:49 PM

yes, some can argue that the killer shouldn't have a right to decide who he bunks with
but be careful with that argument. because some could also argue that the gay guy doesn't have a right to decide either ...using that logic, the gay guy wouldn't have the right to approach anyone and say "as a gay man, im uncomfortable with this guy in the cell. he hasn't hurt me or anything but im just not getting a good feeling about this."

he's in prison, for not following the law...so he'll take what he gets, right?

RAY7

I mean prisons are over populated, and they're for punishment. If they let this dude move cells then everybody else is gonna bring up whatever excuse to do it too. This was something was very extreme and hard to predict. These are criminals we're talking about. They're in there for killing, assaulting, rape etc. It's always a risk that someone can kill or harm their cell mate. This time it happened to the gay person but the gays in there can handle themselves. They didn't all get in there for nothing 

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 09:55:52 PM #23 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:01:05 PM by Lady of Lithuania
i actually think this was a rare instance where it was easier to predict the outcome.

this is the very first time i've heard of a hetero inmate requesting to be removed from a gay man BEFORE  attacking them

instead of waiting til afterwards to come up with some BS excuse.

from what i've seen, they usually don't bother to waste time requesting a transfer mess and just bash someone's skull in.

it's that missed opportunity they had to really intercept this that's a concern for me.
this man is responsible for his actions but, if his request was taken into consideration the gay man would have been alive.

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 10:06:41 PM #24 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:07:48 PM by Lady of Lithuania
He not only pleaded with the prison staff, but took the time to write an "urgent" letter to the prison counselor as well.

He kept trying to warn them of what was about to take place - in more than one way.
This was a missed opportunity to intervene.

QuoteKaren Prunick, a counselor at the Alger Correctional Facility, received an "urgent" letter from Madden on July 17th, just days before Burks was found dead. However, she did not read the letter until after the incident.

"'I've been placed in the cell with a homo,' in parenthesis, 'and that's not something I am into. I really need to get moved, I talk with the staff as soon as I seen his face. This is degrading and uncomfortable, I need to move today. Before we get into it, feel it coming please and thank you,'" said Prunick.

https://abc10up.com/2018/04/24/prison-counselor-and-correctional-officer-speak-during-madden-trial-day-2/

RAY7

I mean this doesnt spell murder though. They probably expected a fight out of this at the most. This dude just took it too far and clearly shouldn't be around anyone at all.

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 10:27:07 PM #26 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:34:10 PM by Lady of Lithuania
Quote from: RAY7 on December 05, 2021, 10:25:17 PM
I mean this doesnt spell murder though. They probably expected a fight out of this at the most. This dude just took it too far and clearly shouldn't be around anyone at all.
it was a request based on the man's sexual orientation.
not a beef they had over stolen food or something.

which in itself spells a possible hate crime in the making and should be taken seriously
bodily harm was clearly not out of the question here.

and a "fight" implies some sort of two-sided issue/battle. not a man telling people to get him away from a fag.
this was a red flag.

RAY7

Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 10:27:07 PM

which in itself spells a possible hate crime in the making and should be taken seriously
he didnt say "Im going to kill him" though he said "before WE get into it" which is like we might argue or fight
which happens in prison a lot Im sure not expecting this man to give up any chance at ever getting out of prison
by committing murder. I dont think we're on the same page about how extreme it was to kill in this instance

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 10:34:39 PM #28 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:35:54 PM by Lady of Lithuania
Quote from: RAY7 on December 05, 2021, 10:33:57 PM
Quote from: Lady of Lithuania on December 05, 2021, 10:27:07 PM

he didnt say "Im going to kill him" though he said "before WE get into it" which is like we might argue or fight
which happens in prison a lot Im sure not expecting this man to give up any chance at ever getting out of prison
by committing murder. I dont think we're on the same page about how extreme it was to kill in this instance
a "fight" implies some sort of two-sided issue/battle. not a man telling people to get him away from a fag.

….ok.

December 05, 2021, 10:37:13 PM #29 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:40:04 PM by Lady of Lithuania
"get into it" was his way of saying someone's about to get hurt.

i doubt the gay guy was an aggressor in this situation, considering the hetero guy says he complained about him from the moment he laid eyes on him.
before the gay guy even opened his mouth, he wanted to get away from him.

this wasn't a "fight". it was a hate crime about to unfold.