DJ Camper is changing Bran

Started by BranNu, December 15, 2020, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 12:57:45 PM
I don't think she likes being pushed unless it's someone she's very comfortable/close with like LaShawn. Getting with Camper satisfied her need to be surrounded by people who won't question what she's doing. She's an icon and he's an up and comer, so I think maybe he just "yes manned" her ideas and she prefers it that way. Just a theory.
this doesn't make sense though because LaShawn is all through the album and you say he pushes her so she still got a push even if it wasn't from Camper which we don't even know for a fact

….ok.

I dunno if Timbo is even an option anymore tbh

unless he gets in the mood to do a passion project mess , I'm assuming a budget is needed to secure his time...

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: king of hearts on December 16, 2020, 01:55:51 PM

unless he gets in the mood to do a passion project mess , I'm assuming a budget is needed to secure his time...

Dr Naomi Campbell

Unless he's in it for the nostalgia
I don't want a copy and paste beat mess from timbo

Bigmacthawoppa

I was moreso referring to her and Jeff parting ways. Plus, we know she went back in and re-recorded a lot of these vocals after LaShawn died. I have a feeling the original cuts were a lot cleaner/better. Listen to the original snippets of Borderline. Those runs and belts>>>>>

She ended up ditching that and throwing in a bit tew much autotune.

RAY7

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 01:57:59 PM
Plus, we know she went back in and re-recorded a lot of these vocals after LaShawn died. 

we do? We were in the studio sessions?

RAY7

Are there full versions of the original versions of all the songs on B7?

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: RAY7 on December 16, 2020, 02:01:34 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 01:57:59 PM
Plus, we know she went back in and re-recorded a lot of these vocals after LaShawn died. 

we do? We were in the studio sessions?

I'm just going based on the timelines of what she teased vs the final product. Don't be deliberately obtuse :dead:

Bigmacthawoppa

December 16, 2020, 02:04:16 PM #115 Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 02:04:37 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: RAY7 on December 16, 2020, 02:02:09 PM

Ok are you implying she didn't go into the studio and redo any vocals after LaShawn died? No there are not full versions but there are several songs she teased before which are now completely different.

TriBeCa

Quote from: Jayda X on December 16, 2020, 01:56:35 PM
Quote from: king of hearts on December 16, 2020, 01:55:51 PM

Uhh Timbaland was all up in Brandy's comments over the summer, letting her know HE was ready to make more magic. If anything, Brandy is the one holding herself back.

RAY7

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 02:04:16 PM

Ok are you implying she didn't go into the studio and redo any vocals after LaShawn died? No there are not full versions but there are several songs she teased before which are now completely different.
Im only saying we didnt hear the full songs before, so did she re-do "some" vocals? yes
is it "a lot"? thats not really confirmed
does it have anything to do with Camper being a "yes man"? No
I mean Rodney pushes her a lot and there are versions of a lot of the Human era songs so...

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: RAY7 on December 16, 2020, 02:24:01 PM

Im only saying we didnt hear the full songs before, so did she re-do "some" vocals? yes
I mean Rodney pushes her a lot and there are versions of a lot of the Human era songs so...

Actually she recently revealed that it was LaShawn in the studio pushing those FM vocals out of her. She said she was too nervous to sing in front of Rodney. So my assumption was that with Lashawn gone she retooled some of the songs and didn't have someone there challenging her, i.e. Camper.

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 02:43:13 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on December 16, 2020, 02:24:01 PM

Actually she recently revealed that it was LaShawn in the studio pushing those FM vocals out of her. She said she was too nervous to sing in front of Rodney. So my assumption was that with Lashawn gone she retooled some of the songs and didn't have someone there challenging her, i.e. Camper.
sssssssssss

yea Ray what are you even trying to say, it's confusing lol