DJ Camper is changing Bran

Started by BranNu, December 15, 2020, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCJ 🪐

Whether or not they were "Brandy" they were definitely her "brand." It's understandable why people would want that

Justaway_

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Justaway_ on December 16, 2020, 01:52:48 AM
Quote from: Brandy's Unconditional Ocean on December 15, 2020, 11:48:58 PM
She evolves

So 2/11 was an evolution from Afrodisiac and Full Moon, even Human?  :omf:
If Full Moon is such the Magnum Opus that y'all consider her to be then what much more do you expect or want her to evolve into within R&B???? The only other directions I can sen Bran going in for a completely dif sound is if she gave us a POP/ROCK , Country, Jazz, Alternative, EDM or Aretha Soulful type of vibe.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Ma Lo

I don't know one artist that really stays the same from project to project. Especially a good artist. They are constantly evolving.  And if B7 sold millions and was nominated for a bunch of Grammys, he wouldn't be saying this. I don't agree with this at all. Just another know it all wanna be A&R ass fag that think he got all the answers but don't know shit. 

….ok.

Young

Quote from: Brandy's Unconditional Ocean on December 15, 2020, 11:48:58 PM
She's an Artist that changes ever album and era  :dead:

She changed the second she left Rodney and went to Tim and then evolved again. She evolves

brocka4life

Quote from: Justaway_ on December 15, 2020, 10:16:59 PM
Well that is Brandy's true problem artistically. She doesn't have a "sound": Her albums have always been shaped after the main producer's sound, not hers. Afrodisiac was drastically diferent from FM, as were Human, 2/11 and this one. Bran developed her vocals and that's her unique thing, but sonically she depends way too much on the producer, which sucks. Wish she played a bigger role in her own productions instead of only managing how many runs and adlibs she gon add.

How many singers actually do what you're saying Brandy doesn't?

This happens all the time. Back when AFRO dropped, people were claiming Brandy was trying to take Aaliyah's sound because she worked with Timbaland.

There's nothing wrong with having an issue with the material, but it becomes a problem when unrealistic expectations are placed on Brandy as an artist.

She's always said when approaching an album she works with different producers to find the sound she wants. I don't recall her ever taking credit for creating the sound alone. And most of her albums have a main producer.

The issue for Brandy is that her listeners dissect everything about her music. The average girl's fans just listen for a bop and a coo, and are usually satisfied.

brocka4life

Quote from: RIG 7 on December 15, 2020, 11:52:10 PM
And  :dead: @ Camper having the power to change Brandy.  Brandy never comes back the same and you can expect a completely different Album the next time

Brandy fans been acting so Brand new lately  :kii:

They've done this every era since AFRO. When AFRO dropped, they made a big deal about Rodney not being on the album. HUMAN came and they wanted Rodney dead because it didn't "sound like a Brandy album." 2/11 came and they wanted Rodney back.

She will never please everybody. B7 is a BRANDY album more than a lot of the others, especially 2/11 and HUMAN.

Ma Lo

Quote from: brocka4life on December 16, 2020, 06:20:39 AM
Quote from: RIG 7 on December 15, 2020, 11:52:10 PM
And  :dead: @ Camper having the power to change Brandy.  Brandy never comes back the same and you can expect a completely different Album the next time

Brandy fans been acting so Brand new lately  :kii:

They've done this every era since AFRO. When AFRO dropped, they made a big deal about Rodney not being on the album. HUMAN came and they wanted Rodney dead because it didn't "sound like a Brandy album." 2/11 came and they wanted Rodney back.

She will never please everybody. B7 is a BRANDY album more than a lot of the others, especially 2/11 and HUMAN.

Nailed it

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Catherine Of Aragon on December 16, 2020, 02:46:39 AM
I don't know one artist that really stays the same from project to project. Especially a good artist. They are constantly evolving. And if B7 sold millions and was nominated for a bunch of Grammys, he wouldn't be saying this. I don't agree with this at all. Just another know it all wanna be A&R ass fag that think he got all the answers but don't know shit.

No shade, Brandy wasn't exactly heating up the charts with the last two or three messes either, hell RHD was a hit most people still don't use Human so i don't think commercial success is what people are longing for here.

REALucid

Love the album. Still play it regularly.

I never want another 2/11.
Used to write our names in car fog

brocka4life

Quote from: REALucid on December 16, 2020, 07:48:25 AM

!!!!

Luxury

Ho, ho, sideline ho...
YEWS a heaux ...  :giveittomeddy:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: REALucid on December 16, 2020, 07:48:25 AM

I know everything is subjective but it really suprises me that you and Vonc got in :plzstop: