DJ Camper is changing Bran

Started by BranNu, December 15, 2020, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bby ddy

Brandy is indie. No one put a gun to her head and forced her to record B7. No label put her in a boardroom filled with writers and producers. B7 is her baby. She's proud of it and you can tell. Some fans don't wanna accept it, but it's all her. And she doesn't need to work with ANY of the producers mentioned in that tweet. 

Justaway_

December 15, 2020, 11:40:07 PM #16 Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 11:42:42 PM by Justaway_
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 15, 2020, 10:52:57 PM
Brandy is a vocalist, not a producer. I see nothing w/ her adopting the sound that best showcases where she is emotionally. A painter doesn't have to make the canvas and the brushes.

Mariah isn't a producer either, but you see her stamp in all of her albums, and most of them have substantial differences. Memoirs was all Dream but still was a "Mariah" record; HE adapted to her song structures, thematics and vocal habits, etc., not the other way around. He didn't drown her in his sound. Her albums are consistent and despite the vocal decline, you see and appreciate Mariah's essence in each of the records.

Brandy bestows herself to the producer to the point of losing that "essence" to please them, and that's why B7 is melodically modest despite that being one of Brandy's strong points since the very beginning. She's admitted to be insecure and we all see that in every long ass break between albums, and cannot decide for herself which songs are "it", but a seductive, persuasive producer does it for her so he will always put his own vision for the record instead.

I know Bran has the potential to be way more involved in her music because the sole aspect of her vocal knowledge makes her super capable. But her insecurities get in the way.

Ulysses

Bran had a major part in this album. MORE than any one of her other albums. Soooo THIS is more of a "Brandy" album and you can tell she put HERSELF into this record. It's def her best. Camper helped bring it out. 

Justaway_

If that's the case.................. :udontlookok: 

Brandy's Unconditional Ocean

She's an Artist that changes ever album and era  :dead:

She changed the second she left Rodney and went to Tim and then evolved again. She evolves

b7

Brandy has done a lot of incredible things with her voice this era and on this album that no one else could ever dream of doing :dead:

She definitely pushed herself in every area if you ask me

b7

And  :dead: @ Camper having the power to change Brandy.  Brandy never comes back the same and you can expect a completely different Album the next time

Brandy fans been acting so Brand new lately  :kii:

FRANCE

Hey, one thing about B7 - some people love it and love Camper and some people dont. For me, the last time Brandy really BROUGHT it vocally on an album is Human. Her live performances this era have been her best though. I personally wanted more from Brandy vocally and that's me. If others are filled, good 4 u. :)

Harlem

All I really want is for Timbaland to come back into play. He seems the fuck ready to get back in w/ her

ptyytyme

I don't know how you all call yourselves fans and not understand that Brandy poured her heart and soul into this album. It's almost as confusing as you all not understanding the type of performer Brandy is when you complain about the lipping. Brandy sees herself so much differently as an artist than you all do.

Gilgamesh.

I don't think she needs to work with any of those producers except Tim.

But, unfortunately, I genuinely think this new sound is as much her as it is Camper. If anything I'd say she probably had more control due to their relationship.

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Justaway_ on December 15, 2020, 11:46:49 PM
If that's the case.................. :udontlookok:

Dnndjdjfjfn no shade but I would prefer that she never write again  :dead:

JCJ 🪐

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: FRANCE on December 15, 2020, 11:58:35 PM
Hey, one thing about B7 - some people love it and love Camper and some people dont. For me, the last time Brandy really BROUGHT it vocally on an album is Human. Her live performances this era have been her best though. I personally wanted more from Brandy vocally and that's me. If others are filled, good 4 u. :)
I just don't be knowing what you want from her sometimes, like I feel like you want NSN pretty voice Bran but then say you want more vocally but when she gives a loud lashing vocal you hate it lol.
Bran is different vocally every album and I think she brought it vocally on this album, she said it would be in her lower range and the way she uses her voice on these songs correlate directly with the mood and feel of the album. Two Eleven was vocals down idk what y'all be hearing and I'm not finna let y'all sleep on the Queen. I still think a lot of her fans don't get the genius behind her voice and only take to her because of her tone and runs.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Andthecategoryis...

Camper can't change Bran, THIS IS HER...WEIRD AS FVCK as she has been for the past 5 years. Bran is a vocal genius but she lacks musical and artistic direction; she's never known who she is as an artist and that's why she so easily adapts to those producer sounds.

Those albums before WERE NOT BRANDY and I don't know what part y'all don't get. Lashawn was such a mastermind behind her sound and the way she conceptualized singing. Vocally its her tone, runs, harmonies and a lot of her ideas of what certain things may sound like but I don't think we've ever gotten a true Brandy album from her own heart until B7 whether its considered to be good or bad.

This girl sat and said she wanted to re-record the Full Moon album in a lower key and i was done  :hmph:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track