Afrodisiac Single turns 17

Started by long-timeTheRoofFan, September 21, 2021, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Afrodisiac is a dope song. Definitely different than anything I ever heard 

Kaeli.

Brandy should've kept going with Tim and released another alber in 2006/2007. I would've loved to hear her on similar tea to what Nelly Furtado and JT were doing in 06 tbh

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Harlem on September 22, 2021, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on September 22, 2021, 11:08:51 AM
Quote from: The definition on September 22, 2021, 08:06:17 AM
Should have been the first single released from the album, with a better video

!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I kinda agree... she needed a Dave Meyers or Hype video for this to really sell it! And Fatima should've been her choreo this era not Boom Kat Laurie Ann
:kii: i use to go up for her mess lol
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: TogetherAgain on September 22, 2021, 10:47:08 PM
Listening to Aaliyah's music on Spotify these last few weeks has reminded me how intricate and textured Timbaland's production style is, and I've always felt it lacking on this song/album

This!!! I wasn't wowed by any of the beats. I liked what he gave her for the human era that she left off anyway.

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Kaeli. on September 22, 2021, 11:49:06 PM
Brandy should've kept going with Tim and released another alber in 2006/2007. I would've loved to hear her on similar tea to what Nelly Furtado and JT were doing in 06 tbh

! If Tim and Bran had really locked in after Afro I don't think he would have even signed all those female artists (Keri, Lyrica, Tink etc) it obvious he's been trying to recreate the chemistry he had with Li.

Ma Lo

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 23, 2021, 06:06:20 AM

! If Tim and Bran had really locked in after Afro I don't think he would have even signed all those female artists (Keri, Lyrica, Tink etc) it obvious he's been trying to recreate the chemistry he had with Li.

Very true and I remember when VIBE magazine shaded Brandy for the same reason in their magazine back then. But I don't think Brandy and Timbaland wanted to "recreate"  the chemistry he had with Aaliyah per se. Afrodisiac, sonically and vocally doesn't sound anything like what Aaliyah would've done to me. It's Brandy.

Dr Naomi Campbell

The song that turned my head tbh
I was always a Li and Jans, but THIS song :guys:

Harlem

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 23, 2021, 06:06:20 AM

!!!!!!!!

Yeah it's kinda like the JT/Timbo effect! They didn't really find they groove until FSLS era... so I'm sure if Brandy ain't move on so quick she would've been apart of the JT & Nelly Furtado Timbo comeback

long-timeTheRoofFan

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: The definition on September 22, 2021, 08:06:17 AM
Should have been the first single released from the album, with a better video
:omf:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

long-timeTheRoofFan

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on September 22, 2021, 11:00:04 PM
Afrodisiac is a dope song. Definitely different than anything I ever heard
You've never heard a terrible song before?