Eve and Brandy for Entertainment Weekly - Queens ABC Promo

Started by b7, September 22, 2021, 01:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

I'll merge with the official thread later. Billboards around San Francisco and other areas have begun to go up omf

https://ew.com/tv/three-rounds-queens-stars-eve-brandy/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=614b5a9e24b73e0001f9ee81

QuoteI've been chasing fame for such a long time, to the point where I basically abandoned my relationship with my daughter. But the music that I do as Naomi is about my daughter, and the music that I do with the ladies is just about being as best as we can be. I love it because we get to reunite and also try to build our friendship again, because that's what we really lost.

And sorry if I missed this, is the name of the group Queens or do you guys have a different name?

EVE: No. So the name of the group is Nasty Bitches—

BRANDY: For now.

EVE: Obviously where we are, we're older, we're trying to re-emerge, we've started calling ourselves Queens.

The other two members of the group are played by Naturi Naughton (Power) and Nadine Velazquez (Major Crimes). What can you share about them?

BRANDY: It's been great working with them. Everybody is so excited about the show, so the passion and the drive is there. We all support each other, which is amazing. Naturi plays Jill Da Thrill. She's a Catholic, so she's conflicted between coming back to the group and talking about some of the things that we talked about in the '90s. And then Valeria, who's played by Nadine Velazquez, she's Butter Pecan.

EVE: She's a very driven person. Not that we are not, but her character is so driven. She wants this fame and power, but misses her family. We are essentially her girls and her family.

BRANDY: Well, them.

EVE: True. Us. Maybe not [Naomi].

BRANDY: Because she stole my man

b7

Read the full interview if you're interested. I didn't share everything they said 🔥🔥🔥

Harlem

BITCHHHHHH!!!!! THIS FUCKIN LOOK!!!!!!! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL
:gorlonfire:

b7

Quote from: Harlem on September 22, 2021, 01:50:27 PM
BITCHHHHHH!!!!! THIS FUCKIN LOOK!!!!!!! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

ABC Disney pulling out all the stops too huh

Harlem

I just can't.... This is all I ask from Brandy and I feel so full
:stressed:

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Keep in mind this was a couple months back (almost 3) i believe. So they've done a lot and have gotten so much done since this interview and shoot took place:

Brandy and Eve taking the lead >>>>

B is such a natural leader

QuoteBRANDY: Swizz is cool, I'm really glad that he's doing the music because the music sounds amazing. It sounds like Swizz.

EVE: And it sounds like that time. We have captured that time, literally. And each verse in the songs is perfect for all of us.

BRANDY: Yes it is. And we are really spitting like guys, we're really forward.

EVE: I think people are going to be surprised at how good the music actually is, honestly.

Brandy, people love the clip of Whitney Houston coaching you through recording "Impossible" for Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella. All these years later, do you find yourself in her shoes working with other performers, asking, "Why are you down there?"

BRANDY: Well, the girls like their studio time by themselves. This is the beginning, so we're still trying to find our pocket and how it's going to go. We want to make sure that we get it right.

EVE: I would say with you, though, when we were doing [a] performance, or in dance rehearsal, there's certain things that you definitely see that I don't think we saw, that's like, "Oh no, we need to be more together." She does do that.

BRANDY: Yeah. If one of us is not looking [like we're] at our best, we all look like that. So I'm the one who [tries] to get everybody going.

EVE: But it's good, we need it.

b7

Young

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on September 22, 2021, 01:49:09 PM
I'll merge with the official thread later. Billboards around San Francisco and other areas have begun to go up omf

https://ew.com/tv/three-rounds-queens-stars-eve-brandy/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=614b5a9e24b73e0001f9ee81

QuoteI've been chasing fame for such a long time, to the point where I basically abandoned my relationship with my daughter. But the music that I do as Naomi is about my daughter, and the music that I do with the ladies is just about being as best as we can be. I love it because we get to reunite and also try to build our friendship again, because that's what we really lost.

And sorry if I missed this, is the name of the group Queens or do you guys have a different name?

EVE: No. So the name of the group is Nasty Bitches—

BRANDY: For now.

EVE: Obviously where we are, we're older, we're trying to re-emerge, we've started calling ourselves Queens.

The other two members of the group are played by Naturi Naughton (Power) and Nadine Velazquez (Major Crimes). What can you share about them?

BRANDY: It's been great working with them. Everybody is so excited about the show, so the passion and the drive is there. We all support each other, which is amazing. Naturi plays Jill Da Thrill. She's a Catholic, so she's conflicted between coming back to the group and talking about some of the things that we talked about in the '90s. And then Valeria, who's played by Nadine Velazquez, she's Butter Pecan.

EVE: She's a very driven person. Not that we are not, but her character is so driven. She wants this fame and power, but misses her family. We are essentially her girls and her family.

BRANDY: Well, them.

EVE: True. Us. Maybe not [Naomi].

BRANDY: Because she stole my man

I loved this

I love Bran and Eve

:stressed:

Buy The Stars✨

wow brandy is so pretty.. cant believe we are less than a month away 

Kalifornia.

RAY7

So Bran & the Valeria girl are gonna be beefing over Cam?
interesting

b7

b7

Quote from: RAY7 on September 22, 2021, 02:16:00 PM
So Bran & the Valeria girl are gonna be beefing over Cam?
interesting
dbdnndndncnnf

Naomi and Valeria! Yup

:plzstop:

Bran takes her roles very seriously :kii: i can't wait