Quote from: Young on June 30, 2020, 10:54:29 PM
No need to stoop low like that, Kip
Kipp sorta LASHED. I wasnt expecting that xzjfdxkjdkfdkj

Kaeli.

Quote from: Zan' on June 30, 2020, 10:36:47 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on June 30, 2020, 10:27:36 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on June 30, 2020, 10:10:52 PM
The way Monica wouldn't be on anybody's list... 90's or today :omf:

No shade to any mo fans but she don't make ANY list ever!

Someone point out a list she has made or a video of everyone Stanning for her vocals or someone talking about her impact on music.

She is very The Underground @ Atlanta
Mon is coined and accomplished.

How much do you weigh
what tha

Bruce

Quote from: Kaeli. on June 30, 2020, 10:22:04 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 30, 2020, 10:20:34 PM
Monica and Tamar hate each other,  I believe.  I'm sure that's why she left her off the mess. HMPH!
yea

& because she can't sing anymore most likely

Monica can sing, shes just not a skilled vocalist. Monica is a lazy vocalist, and never took the time to train or was never forced to train like the greats.

The majority of extremely great vocalists, come from families where their parents were music directors and/or vocal coaches. IE Brandy, Karen Clark, Whitney, amongst many others. Singing was something Monica was good at, but she was never her family's meal ticket out of the hood. So there was never a lot of pressure on her and she just doesn't have that passion for music like a Fantasia.

Amazing

Quote from: lovechild on June 30, 2020, 06:14:30 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on June 30, 2020, 06:11:32 PM
Quote from: lovechild on June 30, 2020, 06:09:35 PM
Have y'all ever heard Fantasia live!?  Sorry but she will sing everybody under the table .  Brandy is my personal fave but Fantasia is not to be played with .

Who can you put against her?
No one said Fantasia wasn't talented  ^o)

I understand ... but the question is why is she deemed top 5 and what makes her special. She is incredible! She is even in Brandys Top 5. The tone , the range , the emotion.

One thing is for certain. She is a better live singer and performer than all of them except maybe Aretha.

rosone1

Quote from: Bruce on June 30, 2020, 11:28:20 PM
Monica and Tamar hate each other,  I believe.  I'm sure that's why she left her off the mess. HMPH!
yea

Monica can sing, shes just not a skilled vocalist. Monica is a lazy vocalist, and never took the time to train or was never forced to train like the greats.

The majority of extremely great vocalists, come from families where their parents were music directors and/or vocal coaches. IE Brandy, Karen Clark, Whitney, amongst many others. Singing was something Monica was good at, but she was never her family's meal ticket out of the hood. So there was never a lot of pressure on her and she just doesn't have that passion for music like a Fantasia.
I wouldn't say she's unskilled but definitely untrained.She started out with big raw vocals.Clive tried to clean her up and get her some training.That was a mistake IMO.She stopped doing runs and riffs, began favoring her head voice and overthinking notes.

FRANCE

Quote from: Nine. on June 30, 2020, 10:52:55 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on June 30, 2020, 10:27:36 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on June 30, 2020, 10:10:52 PM
The way Monica wouldn't be on anybody's list... 90's or today :omf:

No shade to any mo fans but she don't make ANY list ever!

Someone point out a list she has made or a video of everyone Stanning for her vocals or someone talking about her impact on music.

She is very The Underground @ Atlanta
oh wow, this is 100% true

!!!

❄️☃️🌨� Shuji Feels Different 🌨�☃️❄️

I don't like Fantasia's voice. Hate all the squalling she does. She sounds like a duck in heat.

:disgusted:

Kaeli.

Quote from: Bruce on June 30, 2020, 11:28:20 PM
yea

i hope you don't think I'm reading this

Bentley. HARRIS!

Sovereign.

Vonc2002

BOY! Not bringing up Breonna cause the fags are giggling at u being heavy :omf:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

U love editing those rants huh? 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Quote from: 89 on June 30, 2020, 05:49:50 PM
her distinct tone, churchy/soulful sound, emotive ability and vocal skill
!!!! Fantasia is a monster

b7

Quote from: 89 on June 30, 2020, 05:54:08 PM
but where is Toni at on her list? I wonder if this is shade or just her being too used to her sister
nah she always calls her living legend

I think Toni goes without saying for her, i honestly don't think it's shade