Tamar's top 5 vocalists

Started by RAY7, June 30, 2020, 05:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

Quote from: 89 on June 30, 2020, 06:00:23 PM
nah Fantasia's voice is distinct
its J Hud that you can find at any church

Right. U def cant find a Fantasia at any church. I hate when ppl say that. Fantasia has a gift. She's one of those vocalists too that when she sings live, its an EXPERIENCE. She's very agile and is one of the most confident, passionate, emotive singers. She knows her voice very well and has low key never rly had a bad performance. U cant say that about the others.

Its one thing to not be a fan of her tone or style of singing, but she's a beast.

RAY7

Quote from: FRANCE on June 30, 2020, 06:25:34 PM

Right. U def cant find a Fantasia at any church. I hate when ppl say that. Fantasia has a gift. She's one of those vocalists too that when she sings live, its an EXPERIENCE. She's very agile and is one of the most confident, passionate, emotive singers. She knows her voice very well and has low key never rly had a bad performance. U cant say that about the others.

Its one thing to not be a fan of her tone or style of singing, but she's a beast.
well put it out there then

Kaeli.

Did anybody ask what you hate

I know I didn't

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.

Lemme just cut to the chase. Fantasia aint on Kelly Price level

FRANCE

Quote from: Kaeli. on June 30, 2020, 06:10:51 PM
She's a clear outlier when you put her in the top 5 with those other girls. They all have universal honorary nicknames and then just... fantasia. no shade

Thats because all those other 4 artists have had bigger careers with bigger hits and albums.

Not everyone gets it tho. The same way some ppl think Monica is a better vocalist than Brandy.

RAY7

Now Kelly is another one with a less distinctive tone that you can more likely find at a church
shes AMAZING but I dont hear anyone putting her as top 5

BAPHOMET.

There's nothing distinctive about Fannys voice or music.

Her and Kelly are in the same group. Just... Kelly is 6 zillion times better.

Kaeli.

Quote from: BlackisKing. on June 30, 2020, 06:28:10 PM
Lemme just cut to the chase. Fantasia aint on Kelly Price level
!

RAY7

lovechild

Quote from: 89 on June 30, 2020, 06:16:58 PM
Ppl have said Beggin & Pleadin by Bran was very Fantasia sounding tbh
I always thought Chrisette Michelle's Epiphany album sounded like Fanny throwaways
and Leandria Johnson has been compared to Fantasia a lot

Beggin' was VERY Fantasia!

FRANCE

Im sorry but if I hear a brand new Tasia song on the radio, I'll know for sure its her. And the average black R&B listener will too. Kelly Price on the other hand, not really. Not to the average listener. 

RAY7

the way Fanny can go from Summertime, to Hood Boy to anything Gospel
Kelly could never

lovechild

Quote from: FRANCE on June 30, 2020, 06:25:34 PM

THIS

FRANCE

Quote from: lovechild on June 30, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
Quote from: 89 on June 30, 2020, 06:16:58 PM
Ppl have said Beggin & Pleadin by Bran was very Fantasia sounding tbh
I always thought Chrisette Michelle's Epiphany album sounded like Fanny throwaways
and Leandria Johnson has been compared to Fantasia a lot

Beggin' was VERY Fantasia!

Oh definitely! Thats when the whole Tasia/Jaz/Bran collab convo all began.