Brandy can't leave it at Two Eleven

Started by KING BENTLEY., August 24, 2017, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: MIXER. on August 25, 2017, 06:55:41 AM
Well she's about to be a single Mum again, so know she's got a lot to say.

Eternal Bell

mauza

"جاني الاسمر"

Annie

/.\

Ma Lo

August 25, 2017, 11:15:46 AM #24 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:23:45 AM by Bavmorda
Brandy isn't even motivated to release any new music. Seems like broadway and other stuff in her personal life is her primary focus right now. An artist that's into getting their music out would NEVER take these extraordinarily long breaks between albums and would, at a minimum, release songs here and there to hold the fans over. Maybe " begging and pleading" was her effort to hold the fans over, but that song came and went and for someone in her position, one song ain't gonna cut it. I personally think she's just given up and stringing the fans along by releasing snippets that are a only few seconds long and deliberately withholding music to just torture people for not buying and supporting her.  It's her revenge.

MAY

I love that Brandy has creative freedom right now, but letting her fully have the reigns might not be the best idea. Her musical ear is on point, but she seems to be very indecisive. I can relate because I'm indecisive too.

With her fully in control the pressure is on to deliver. She can't blame anyone but herself this time, which is probably why she's so hesitant to release. So she keeps posting snips on IG to gauge the fan reactions.

Without a label forcing her into a timeline we might never see this damn album.

Just my opinionata.

MAY

Harlem

As long as she don't release that Love U To The Moon mess I'll be ok with Queen...

BRockaBaby

I sort of agree with a previous post though. As an artist who truly loves MUSIC and considers it her passion, first love, her everything, it's almost weird how she's "okay" with not releasing for years. If you truly love to play an instrument, you're not going to not play for years just because you can't decide what to play. Now granted, she's in the studio a lot (probably more than we think) so that may be enough of a "fix" for her passion but I just would think as an artist, you'd want to expose your craft as much as possible. Which is why she really needs to understand the pros and cons of being independent where I feel the pros outweigh the cons IF you have the right mindset to support it. I want to believe she understands that which is why she wanted so badly to be independent in the first place.

She can release so many songs just for fun, an EP, SOMETHING. TBH, i was SHOCKED to get that #ILoveYouToTheMoon little snippet/video on her IG because that's just....not like her. So for a brief moment, i thought "oh she is getting it". But I just feel there's so much more opportunity to do more when it comes to releasing stuff. At this point it's not about making it #1 and it's not about everyone liking it either. It's about expressing your artistry and holding on to your place in the industry as a well respected legend.

brocka4life

There was a lawsuit over her ability to release music, right?
She's been on a handful of features since the last album.
She released B&P.
She's been performing consistently, which is something she hadn't done in over a decade.

She's working.

I do hope that she releases soon and doesn't take as long for the one after that. Because the anticipation is always so high, everybody likes the album for a few months, then they drag it for 3 or 4 years until the next one is released.