Brandy can't leave it at Two Eleven

Started by KING BENTLEY., August 24, 2017, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph

Quote from: BRockaBaby on August 25, 2017, 12:04:12 PM
I sort of agree with a previous post though. As an artist who truly loves MUSIC and considers it her passion, first love, her everything, it's almost weird how she's "okay" with not releasing for years. If you truly love to play an instrument, you're not going to not play for years just because you can't decide what to play. Now granted, she's in the studio a lot (probably more than we think) so that may be enough of a "fix" for her passion but I just would think as an artist, you'd want to expose your craft as much as possible. Which is why she really needs to understand the pros and cons of being independent where I feel the pros outweigh the cons IF you have the right mindset to support it. I want to believe she understands that which is why she wanted so badly to be independent in the first place.

She can release so many songs just for fun, an EP, SOMETHING. TBH, i was SHOCKED to get that #ILoveYouToTheMoon little snippet/video on her IG because that's just....not like her. So for a brief moment, i thought "oh she is getting it". But I just feel there's so much more opportunity to do more when it comes to releasing stuff. At this point it's not about making it #1 and it's not about everyone liking it either. It's about expressing your artistry and holding on to your place in the industry as a well respected legend.

She is in possession of one of the most beautiful voices to have ever existed, and the talent to use it, it's miserable that she isn't putting out stuff, something, anything every year.

There should be a Brandy recording of every Jazz Standard there is...

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: 1814 on August 25, 2017, 12:33:18 PM
Yeah 2/11 is her last album

Which is such a shame because it's mediocre
BINGO!

Like at least give us something we can go UP for!

I'm sorry but I was sooooo weary last night when I put on Slower, really ready to BOP!

This dated ass mess :dead:

I had to go all the way back to Shattered Heart to even get a proper LEAN from sis.

And no shade but this new mess she's been doing isn't really cute.

I'm starting to wonder about Brandy ... musically that is

She's creative vocally! The best vocal producer in history hands down.

But does sis need to be somebody muse to get the desired effect? Like ... did we underestimate Rodney and Timbo contribution in her original slayage?

But I would be real disappointed if she let Two Eleven be the last alberm of her prime career. it's just sub par guys, I want it DEAD.

Human was an ALBERM. I kjow they hate these discussions but shit ... what else we gon talk about concerning her :dead:

H.#.G.*.Z

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: brocka4life on August 25, 2017, 12:50:41 PM
There was a lawsuit over her ability to release music, right?
She's been on a handful of features since the last album.
She released B&P.
She's been performing consistently, which is something she hadn't done in over a decade.

She's working.

I do hope that she releases soon and doesn't take as long for the one after that. Because the anticipation is always so high, everybody likes the album for a few months, then they drag it for 3 or 4 years until the next one is released.
gorl just .... plea!
don't gimme this HORSESHIT ok

performing consistently!
Yea .... songs from 19 fckn 98!

SHIT! I don't give a FCK!
I feel the way I fckn feel. DAMN!

And I didn't like Zoe, I didn't like her in the Game, I'm not supporting Chicago, or any other fckn THING at the current moment.
:plea:

She's the most gifted vocalist ever. I'm not gonna pay for SHIT else except a fire alberm and accompanying TOUR.

It shouldn't be this way. Point blank period.
No matter what you say to me. Ho!

H.#.G.*.Z

Harlem

Yeah Ima need Timbaland & James F. to come knocking on Brandy's Chicago dress room, lock her ass in the studio with them for the next 2 weeks in NY, give us a good 10 songs and release...

Cuz Love U To The Moon and Edible High are not IT, don't care if they are Ray J songs either

Harlem

I'll always appreciate the 2/11 era, I mean her looks, performances and confidence was A1...

brocka4life

Quote from: MIXER. on August 25, 2017, 03:23:18 PM
I mean...are we going to pretend...?

[instagram]
[/instagram]

"U don't know me like u used to"- Brandy

I think Brandy is going to lose fans with the next album/era.

Harlem

I'm very scared of that TBH too... even though we care so much about the music this new generation doesn't... she's not slaying in the fashion/looks world enough for ppl to be invested

Cowgirl

Quote from: Harlem on August 25, 2017, 03:42:34 PM
I'm very scared of that TBH too... even though we care so much about the music this new generation doesn't... she's not slaying in the fashion/looks world enough for ppl to be invested

BrandyFromTheFuture

When is she going to give
birth? I can already hear the baby singing "deliver me".

Cowgirl

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on August 25, 2017, 06:02:20 PM
When is she going to give
birth? I can already hear the baby singing "deliver me".
v

In divine timing I'm sure
:melmel:

Young

BAPHOMET.

MAY

Wouldn't a baby bump show onstage too? I don't remember seeing it.