New JoJo interview

Started by SouravMay, March 17, 2016, 06:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

March 17, 2016, 06:42:35 PM Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:23:36 PM by Rajesha
http://www.musicfeelings.net/2016/03/focusinterview-jojo-mon-album-sortira-en-2016-ou-alors-je-casse-tout/#

MF: Bonjour Jojo, First of all thank you for having us JoJo, I would like to tell you that you have many fans on our website. Every time we talk about you, you get lots of love. It quickly turns into a lengthy A&R session: "She has to do this instead of that!" etc.

Jojo : I had no idea. That is really amazing. I have to come see all of you!

Mf: Yes, you have to! We are still trying to figure out what is up with your third album. It has been 10 years today, you have switched labels, are on Atlantic now, why has the album not come yet?

Jojo : Well you know, I moved from one Major to the next, for right now, it is a totally new relationship. It is not all on me [...], I promise you, the album will drop in 2016

Mf: Are you sure about that?

Jojo : Yes, just wait! I want to do something totally crazy and irrational... She talks about not being D'Angelo or Dr. Dre and some mess about the perception of young women.

[...]

MF : Any features on the album?

Jojo : As of now, no. I am completely focused on rcording all the songs, so I have not thought about that yet.

[...]

MF : What do you think of the current state of R&B?

Jojo : The state of R&B is similar to that of pop. It's all a melting pot. we have all kinds of different influences on R&B, the alternative R&B by Miguel, Weeknd, Bryon Tiller or even Jeremih with his hip hop vibe. Hip Hop also blends with trap, who currently deliver the melodies everyone likes to sing to. I think traditional R&B the way we know it is on the verge of fading away for a more experimental R&B.

Mf: And which one do you prefere?

JoJo: I am a massive fan of true R&B. it's been like this since I grew up with it, the voices, the harmonies, I have always loved that, but I also appreciate the new wave and the novelties that brings.

[...]

Mf : Dream collabs?

JoJo : Kendrick Lamar, Tori Kelly.

Mf : Main influences

JoJo:Aretha, Whitney, Etta James, Mariah, Whitney, Cher
Also Joni Mitchell, John Mayer, Jill Scott and lately Kendrick LamarRobert Glasper Experiment, D?angelo

[...]

MF : Choose one to collaborate between Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, R.Kelly, Maxwell, Usher.

JoJo : Oh, that is hard, that is hard, truly. Oh my god, it is too hard. Welll... I'd say... Maxwell, but I always said I would love to work with Bruno... and also R. Kelly. This is completely difficult. R. Kelly is the best producer and writer of our generation. It is unbelievable. he is a legend and continues to reinvent himself every single day.

[...]

STan, Queen

For the gorls who speak French, it was a really great interview, I am too lazy to translate all of it. Steevy, sis you slayed.
:stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:
B7

Young

Mel.

oh wow, he booked an interview with her?
that's amazing. congrats

SouravMay

Quote from: Young on March 17, 2016, 06:52:34 PM
s

oh i thought this was urs

Steevy's interview was really crute
B7

Young

BrandyFromTheFuture

RekeRig

Post yours! 

Whew it SLAYED lmfao

Young

charlie.

March 17, 2016, 07:56:28 PM #8 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:56:36 PM by ☆ charlie. ☆
I thought this was yours too

no shade

charlie.

they'll be a video too?

Right Malc'

no shade but
video >>>> written out interviews.

it's kind of like you get the receipts.
:receipts:

King steevy

lol.. you are so mean with me :(
omg ..
thanks a lot malc.

King steevy

i thought about post the videos of my interviews for y'all but u are really too mean..
that's kinda depressing.

anyway, i am meeting KINg and liana la havas next week.

charlie.

Quote from: King steevy on March 17, 2016, 08:02:04 PM
i thought about post the videos of my interviews for y'all but u are really too mean..
that's kinda depressing.

You should think about it!  :ohwow:

but good job

RekeRig

that's kinda depressing.

the interview is fine! i always love JoJo interviews. good job

But if you would have stayed out of mess instead of provoking some (a while back) then u wouldn't have
to worry about some of the members coming for you at every turn

King steevy

Quote from: RekeRocka on March 17, 2016, 08:10:07 PM
that's kinda depressing.

the interview is fine! i always love JoJo interviews. good job

But if you would have stayed out of mess instead of provoking some (a while back) then u wouldn't have
to worry about some of the members coming for you at every turn

lol.. it's part of the fun.. and they came for me first..
i was just defending myself.